Walter Nolan X Jeremy Pruitt

Elias287

4 hours ago, GovMan said:

In relationship to this, I couldn't help but wonder ... do you think anything "fishy" went on with the whole Nolan transferring to Powell when he did?

I honestly don't know of any Powell booster who would put out money to buy a player. 

Do I think they were looking for a deal?  

Yeah. 

But I don't think they found any takers to play that game. A previous relationship landed them at Powell. 

17 minutes ago, HTV said:

I honestly don't know of any Powell booster who would put out money to buy a player. 

Do I think they were looking for a deal?  

Yeah. 

But I don't think they found any takers to play that game. A previous relationship landed them at Powell. 

Hump, Jones  to name a few... 

I know the mother ask the Maryville coaches what can they do for her. I think they were so shocked  they didn't know what to think. Far as Powell or any other high school no one is giving anyone something under the table or that would hit the street news faster than a coach messing around with his high school baby sitter. The secrect would get out and there would go the coaches job and the school would get some nice vacation time off from playing high school football for a year or two. I've met enough parents over the years at Maryville and ask how they came to this program and it's sure a different story than what I heard on the high school rumor vine after it grew legs and took off running. Usually it was either one of two different stories, either the dad wanted the best way possible to make his kid shine and brought them here or someone referred them to the program. Dan Brooks who was recruiting for Clemson knew Jay Guillermo was moving from North Carolina his junior year over a parents new job at Denso was told Ellis was the best offensive line coach in high school he knew of. I know for a fact Danny Spradlin who worked for Dylan Jackson's dad knew his dad wasn't happy with Farragut referred them to Maryville. I know those folks personally but to hear it from an outsider something was exchanged to get them there.

33 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Hump, Jones  to name a few... 

Buck, I've known Hump for 30 years. He may kick in a few Bruhin Burgers, but he's not paying money to bring a player to Powell.  That's just fact. 

Jones?  

Laughing at that one.  

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

NCAA Should of gave Tennessee the death penalty but that's hard to do three years later to a group of kids that had nothing to do with it or even knew who Pruitt was.

Yeah, I never really understood what the NCAA game plan was when it came to this case. It wasn't a secret Tennessee was cheating at that time. However, the problem was if the NCAA didn't drag this out, then they should have hammered Tennessee. I don't know why they had to drag this out longer than what it should be.

And if you're a college that is going to be under a serious investigation, you want the NCAA to drag this out and get as much "new players and staff" in as possible. Therefore, they're not going to penalize that college as heavy because all the "new players and staff" are innocent. The NCAA simply didn't care anymore over something that was obvious.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know the mother ask the Maryville coaches what can they do for her. I think they were so shocked  they didn't know what to think. Far as Powell or any other high school no one is giving anyone something under the table or that would hit the street news faster than a coach messing around with his high school baby sitter. The secrect would get out and there would go the coaches job and the school would get some nice vacation time off from playing high school football for a year or two. I've met enough parents over the years at Maryville and ask how they came to this program and it's sure a different story than what I heard on the high school rumor vine after it grew legs and took off running. Usually it was either one of two different stories, either the dad wanted the best way possible to make his kid shine and brought them here or someone referred them to the program. Dan Brooks who was recruiting for Clemson knew Jay Guillermo was moving from North Carolina his junior year over a parents new job at Denso was told Ellis was the best offensive line coach in high school he knew of. I know for a fact Danny Spradlin who worked for Dylan Jackson's dad knew his dad wasn't happy with Farragut referred them to Maryville. I know those folks personally but to hear it from an outsider something was exchanged to get them there.

Curious…which one of Guillermo’s parents worked for Denso?

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah, I never really understood what the NCAA game plan was when it came to this case. It wasn't a secret Tennessee was cheating at that time. However, the problem was if the NCAA didn't drag this out, then they should have hammered Tennessee. I don't know why they had to drag this out longer than what it should be.

And if you're a college that is going to be under a serious investigation, you want the NCAA to drag this out and get as much "new players and staff" in as possible. Therefore, they're not going to penalize that college as heavy because all the "new players and staff" are innocent. The NCAA simply didn't care anymore over something that was obvious.

You gonna cry?

24 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Curious…which one of Guillermo’s parents worked for Denso?

I'm not sure but that's why they came here. The grandfather also came who was a football coach in North Carolina before retiring so it was obvious who Jay took the football after. Their seats were right in front of me so we talked all the time. They were a really great family and they told me from the start Jay wanted to play for Clemson which he did.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm not sure but that's why they came here. The grandfather also came who was a football coach in North Carolina before retiring so it was obvious who Jay took the football after. Their seats were right in front of me so we talked all the time. They were a really great family and they told me from the start Jay wanted to play for Clemson which he did.

Some facts are correct, some are a little off. Trust me, Govman knows the situation.

He came to MHS from Burns, NC not to be confused with Byrnes, SC.