best football in TN is where?

16 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I did a quick look at rivals high school recruiting rankings for TN for 2024 and 2025 and grouped the talent by the closest big city.  of course these can change but I think it is interesting to see where based on this data point.

2024 (top 25 recruits)

memphis - 4

nashville - 12

chatt - 6

knox - 3

2025 (top 20 recruits)

memphis - 5

nashville - 10

chatt - 4

knox - 1

That’s not fair that you are using simple math to make your case. Lol

Imo, you can’t make the case and include the private schools, because they are just so superior in talent. So I think it has to be split between the two. In terms of Private, it’s the Nashville and Chattanooga area. Knox area teams can’t match up to them right now. In public, Nashville is great but mainly because Oakland is the cash cow there rn. But I’ll put Knoxville public up there at the top when it comes to public. Just my opinion 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cbg said:

That’s not fair that you are using simple math to make your case. Lol

You are correct CBG! Best football does not always equate to best talent. When coaching at Briarcrest Christian, we paid inner city teams to come to Briarcrest to take a loss. One team we mercy ruled had 3 D1 players on it, while we had a couple of D2 players at best.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I did a quick look at rivals high school recruiting rankings for TN for 2024 and 2025 and grouped the talent by the closest big city.  of course these can change but I think it is interesting to see where based on this data point.

2024 (top 25 recruits)

memphis - 4

nashville - 12

chatt - 6

knox - 3

2025 (top 20 recruits)

memphis - 5

nashville - 10

chatt - 4

knox - 1

funny this doesn't corelate to state titles.

Think it needs to be said that yes there is more talent in Middle, but it's also more spread out than it is in East TN. Don't think East TN teams are better coached, but I do think it's a bigger deal. Same thing can also be said when you break it down by class across the state

There are a alot of programs that have been playing 75+ seasons so for them it's more of something that unites a community instead of just something to do after school. Long term Middle TN might overwhelm ET just by  amount of talent that is moving into the area

18 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Think it needs to be said that yes there is more talent in Middle, but it's also more spread out than it is in East TN. Don't think East TN teams are better coached, but I do think it's a bigger deal. Same thing can also be said when you break it down by class across the state

There are a alot of programs that have been playing 75+ seasons so for them it's more of something that unites a community instead of just something to do after school. Long term Middle TN might overwhelm ET just by  amount of talent that is moving into the area

uh... they're moving here too... 

20 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

The best football is in the Large Private division.  They have the best players, best facilities, and coaches.  That division is so good it changed the TN high school landscape forever. 

Most people don’t care anything about that division.  It did change the landscape but not for the better in a lot of peoples opinion.   They do have the money and know how to get what they want.