best football in TN is where?

Historically East has been strong across the board. In the last 20 years the middle has been on the move. West is always solid in the small and midsize schools.

For those of you arguing per capita - East.

For those of you arguing population - in the next decade, both Murfreesboro and Clarksville will be larger than Knoxville and Chattanooga, much to my chagrin.

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

People can argue Middle / East / West all day, that's fine, and opinion based mostly. What is not opinion and indeed fact, is that Middle is the biggest, and will continue to be the biggest population. More numbers CAN mean more talent, but I also know that there is talent all across the state. 

I mean the best recruit is in middle Tn and the two best teams are also here. There’s so many ways this cookie can crumble, once again mostly bias takes are given… which just makes posts like these “feel good” posts. People will bring up history from the prohibition era on their team to make a point.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Historically East has been strong across the board. In the last 20 years the middle has been on the move. West is always solid in the small and midsize schools.

For those of you arguing per capita - East.

For those of you arguing population - in the next decade, both Murfreesboro and Clarksville will be larger than Knoxville and Chattanooga, much to my chagrin.

you need to post one more time ASAP!!!!

1673624193_Screenshot2023-07-27at6_13_21PM.png.9e9230e878e4f618c1f4224ea867458a.png

• 2 weeks later...

Best athletes are in Memphis.  The best Football in Tennessee is the Mid State. Williamson and Rutherford County are really strong.  But! The MidState Private is Nationality ranked for a reason.  How strong is the Big Privates? Catholic was winning State Titles in 5A. Catholic still has great athletes.  They are getting taken to the woodshed a lot in the Big Privates division. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

Best athletes are in Memphis.  The best Football in Tennessee is the Mid State. Williamson and Rutherford County are really strong.  But! The MidState Private is Nationality ranked for a reason.  How strong is the Big Privates? Catholic was winning State Titles in 5A. Catholic still has great athletes.  They are getting taken to the woodshed a lot in the Big Privates division. 

Agree

On 7/27/2023 at 5:22 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I mean the best recruit is in middle Tn and the two best teams are also here. There’s so many ways this cookie can crumble, once again mostly bias takes are given… which just makes posts like these “feel good” posts. People will bring up history from the prohibition era on their team to make a point.

Between Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, CPA, Ensworth, MBA and Oakland most every other team in Tennessee would struggle if they had to play the above-mentioned teams.  There are some other really good teams, but the teams mentioned above are truly at the elite level.  

23 hours ago, cbg said:

Between Brentwood Academy, Lipscomb, CPA, Ensworth, MBA and Oakland most every other team in Tennessee would struggle if they had to play the above-mentioned teams.  There are some other really good teams, but the teams mentioned above are truly at the elite level.  

Not even to mention the honorable mentions. Middle Tn is the clear winner here but I suppose it makes people sensitive. So we will dig this topic and bury it here.

• Upvote 1