Football Education

strongx

36 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

Who’s the DC for the rebels now? Y’all still got the red bank DC on staff?

I really shouldn't get on here and say the stuff I do but I've been that way my whole life and to late to change now. The coaches I played for at Maryville went yearly to Alabama during off season to learn from the best Bear Bryant and Ken Donahue to keep us on the cutting edge. You might say I'm on Coach T keeping our coaches on The cutting edge to keep them out of the unemployment line or at least trying. They'll figure it out their smart guys.

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I really shouldn't get on here and say the stuff I do but I've been that way my whole life and to late to change now. The coaches I played for at Maryville went yearly to Alabama during off season to learn from the best Bear Bryant and Ken Donahue to keep us on the cutting edge. You might say I'm on Coach T keeping our coaches on The cutting edge to keep them out of the unemployment line or at least trying. They'll figure it out their smart guys.

Agree Barn, you probably shouldn’t, but it is just a game and this site is about the game. Generally, nobody says anything personal against coaches or players. However, a little criticism is probably good for everybody. Yes, they will figure it out. I don’t think it is rocket science. 
I guess the decision at murvils is whether or not the Richie Cunninghams are DLs or LBs. What do other programs use? I think the admirals used to run a three-man front until a year or two ago.

Frum jist me watchin' tha scirmige Fridee....Both Mairvul and Oke Gridege plaid a 3-4.....Tha diffurunce eye notussed wuz....

1, Oke Gridge haid thair ennside bakkurs upp tite crowdin'  tha gaps and forcin' tha LOS most ov tha time

B. Mairvul's ennside bakkurs wuz 5 yards oft tha bawl even onn tha 2nd's and 3rd's and shorts....Hit maiks hitt awfull tuff fer tha innside bakkurs two git thair inn time when'st yore thait fer oft tha LOS and thait lite inn tha box...

cee. So's eye thaink hits a  diffurunce inn fillossofee moore thain a numburr.....jmo

17 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Frum jist me watchin' tha scirmige Fridee....Both Mairvul and Oke Gridege plaid a 3-4.....Tha diffurunce eye notussed wuz....

1, Oke Gridge haid thair ennside bakkurs upp tite crowdin'  tha gaps and forcin' tha LOS most ov tha time

B. Mairvul's ennside bakkurs wuz 5 yards oft tha bawl even onn tha 2nd's and 3rd's and shorts....Hit maiks hitt awfull tuff fer tha innside bakkurs two git thair inn time when'st yore thait fer oft tha LOS and thait lite inn tha box...

cee. So's eye thaink hits a  diffurunce inn fillossofee moore thain a numburr.....jmo

That makes sense. You need to be aggressive regardless of how many DL you have. I never suspected Aristotle would figure into it somewhere!

9 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Welp sx Arisstottull haid a big ole bote he hawled JFK's widder all arownd tha Meddyturriaineun See.....:popcorneater:

Shee shore wuz purdy too STARS, butt eye shore hope thet she knowed anuff 'bout futbawl ta learn him a thang er two 'bout hit...eye heared thet he thawt thet ah futbawl wuz round az a 'punkin en wuz spotted up lik a apaloosee harse.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Maryvillle plays bend don’t break. They have for the entire time I’ve lived here. They just do it from a 3 4 instead of a 4 3 now. 

Good breakdown. I agree. 3-4 should be better for that I guess. A team should be able to vary where the pressure comes from with an extra LB too I guess. Maybe it’s easier to stunt out of? 5-2 was run back in the day…weigh back…and cheat a safety up.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Shee shore wuz purdy too STARS, butt eye shore hope thet she knowed anuff 'bout futbawl ta learn him a thang er two 'bout hit...eye heared thet he thawt thet ah futbawl wuz round az a 'punkin en wuz spotted up lik a apaloosee harse.

tt hit shore iz goodur when'st thays sumbodee onn hear thait cain rite and thaink like me.....:thumb:

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Maryvillle plays bend don’t break. They have for the entire time I’ve lived here. They just do it from a 3 4 instead of a 4 3 now. 

Solly eye hoap thay cain affeck tha quotabaick a littull moore and play a littull closter two tha LOS inn tha fewchure.....Espashully on 2nd and 3rd and shorts.....jmo.....:thumb:

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Solly eye hoap thay cain affeck tha quotabaick a littull moore and play a littull closter two tha LOS inn tha fewchure.....Espashully on 2nd and 3rd and shorts.....jmo.....:thumb:

I would personally send 5 every play at every angle. That’s just me. But you have to trust your secondary to be able to do that.