1A prediction in the Finals

Geno

39 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

mhmmm…hopefully y’all can squander for that 4 seed in region 4 so we can whoop y’all again. Forrest fans are so out of touch with reality that y’all have been begging for your coach to be fired for years. 

with the talent forrest has, alls they need is a good coach 

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Good luck to you and your boys this year. I won't be going to many games this year kinda burnt out on this stupid hiring fiasco.Of course I still want to beat you all!LOL.We have about 35 kids and not sure about this coaching staff so I'm expecting 4th or 5th place in Region with Rockwood on board unless Coach Bill Satterfield can help Midway beat us too.He is an Assistant there this year and after the School Board not even recognizing him or Greg I'm sure revenge is on his priority list!

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cherokees are back in the mix this year.  Who knows, this coach may live up to the expectations of the Greenback faithful.  I do hate to see all this fiasco with the hiring, just seems uncalled for but what do I know! 

On 8/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, Geno said:

By now most Teams have had enough exposure. Who is you’re prediction to make it to Chattanooga in December? My Prediction is Mase vs South Pittsburg 

Anxious to see what TSSAA decides on several players transferring from Freedom Prep to Mase after TSSAA ruled them ineligible.One mom of player from Freedom Prep has a meeting in Murfreesboro.According to what I read,players didn't make a legitimate move.Her reasoning is Freedom Prep not really basically a good school,football not very good etc and thinks it's a bad decision to not let them play and keep them off the streets.Well there's a lot of small schools that doesn't have facilities that others have.

Edited by mrbigster

On 8/11/2023 at 1:31 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There was a year in the mid 2010’s that Coalfield made the ship. Can’t remember if they beat South Pitt along the way or not. That was a good Coalfield team. 

That was 2014. South Pitt was not very good that year, as they barely squeaked out a round 1 win against a 4-6 Clay County team before bowing out in Round 2 at Copper Basin. Ironically, that same Clay County team beat Monterey 19-18 in Monterey's third game of the year, and then Monterey went on to destroy everyone until the semifinals, when Coalfield made the first of two trips to TTU and knocked them off. I remember Monterey was likely the only team in TSSAA history that could have literally played every postseason game at home, since they were in the process of getting a new school and field, and played all their home games at TTU that year.

South Pittsburg was a favorite to win in 1A this spring. With 2 D1 athletes transferring in this summer I don't see anyone keeping them from hoisting another Gold ball in '23. Those on the inside looking out will tell you 1 game at a time. From someone looking in from the outside if they don't win it all it would be a bigger failure than losing the title to Fayetteville in 2020.

2 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

South Pittsburg was a favorite to win in 1A this spring. With 2 D1 athletes transferring in this summer I don't see anyone keeping them from hoisting another Gold ball in '23. Those on the inside looking out will tell you 1 game at a time. From someone looking in from the outside if they don't win it all it would be a bigger failure than losing the title to Fayetteville in 2020.

I would agree if they don’t make it to the finals it would be, but that west appears loaded. I read on here where MASE has 5-6 D1 players. Also seeing Union City back in 1A spells trouble. Dresden, Moore, and Lake County should also factor into that wild Wild West. I’m not sure any season can be a bigger failure though than 2009 and 2020.

Edited by Pirate2003

39 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I would agree if they don’t make it to the finals it would be, but that west appears loaded. I read on here where MASE has 5-6 D1 players. Also seeing Union City back in 1A spells trouble. Dresden, Moore, and Lake County should also factor into that wild Wild West. I’m not sure any season can be a bigger failure though than 2009 and 2020.

MASE doesn’t have 6 D1 players. The guy that said that doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

46 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Those are all good teams for sure. MASE has some eligibility issues I read on here. It's just my opinion but I don't see anyone matching up with the Pirates.

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

All of you Jasperites would love that which is why you are hyping it already.  There's along way to go to get to that 15th game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

Those are all good teams for sure. MASE has some eligibility issues I read on here. It's just my opinion but I don't see anyone matching up with the Pirates.

Weird seeing you mention South Pitt in so many threads but fwiw Union City will have something to say about the Gold Ball this year. If the championship was played next week my money would be on them over Mase and SP. Don’t sleep on Moore County either. Their QB is on a different level. Him and Willoughby are better than anything in Chattanooga area. Y’all will find out soon enough about Willoughby and we will find out soon enough about UC this week when they play Ensworth. If they win this Friday go ahead and ship them the Gold Ball. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Weird seeing you mention South Pitt in so many threads but fwiw Union City will have something to say about the Gold Ball this year. If the championship was played next week my money would be on them over Mase and SP. Don’t sleep on Moore County either. Their QB is on a different level. Him and Willoughby are better than anything in Chattanooga area. Y’all will find out soon enough about Willoughby and we will find out soon enough about UC this week when they play Ensworth. If they win this Friday go ahead and ship them the Gold Ball. I’m just keeping it real

All this time I thought this was a public forum. My opinion is the Pirates win the gold ball. You certainly spout your opinions (which are usually way off) but no one else can? Fwiw UC is not beating Ensworth.