Bradley Central @ Mcminn County

SouthernBear

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

The biggest downfall for the MC vs. McMinn game is the fact that McMinn usually put a beating on the boys in blue.  Although there have been some good games in the past, it is just a tough one for the smaller school.  I have said it before, especially playing them first, it sets the tone for the season.  The kids work their tales off all summer, just to take a pounding.  Sometimes it turns into players not believing in their coaches.  Plus, having to hear all the other stuff year around is kinda crazy too.  Really it just, for the most part, turned into a beat down for the Chargers and a tune up for the Cherokees.  I am good with all the other sports playing, but football, depth becomes the issue.  I know their are many other thoughts on this subject, and I see both sides.  This is just my take.

I wish central would have played someone else other than signal mountain for the season opener, would have preferred to watch them play someone closer or even an outstate  opponent preferable tellico,Sequoyah, greenback, lenior city,Harriman. And if it were out if state maybe Robbinsville nc, North Murray ga, or Murray County ga

7 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

Looks like Bradley won’t let pitiful coaching get in the way of wins. They Recruited to well. 

Exactly! How in the world is McMinn still in that game in the 3rd quarter? If you look at both teams before the game and the athletes each team has, you’re thinking  surely Bradley is going to beat McMinn by 50. Probably why the years that the teams are pretty even McMinn always wins those games. Also, Damon Floyd is lame for running across the field over a little scuffle that his punk QB started. Like dude, you ain’t that tough LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BustinHeads101 said:

Exactly! How in the world is McMinn still in that game in the 3rd quarter? If you look at both teams before the game and the athletes each team has, you’re thinking  surely Bradley is going to beat McMinn by 50. Probably why the years that the teams are pretty even McMinn always wins those games. Also, Damon Floyd is lame for running across the field over a little scuffle that his punk QB started. Like dude, you ain’t that tough LOL. 

I am glad someone said that I don't understand why the bradley players were being so mouthy the whole game when they were up. I wasn't impressed with mcminns offense at all so I don't really know how the cherokees managed 3 tds  they didn't pass the ball a single time and were just running in all three directions.   But for everyone to talk about bradley having a shot a Maryville, I mean this as respectfully as possibly but you gotta play with class and like a champion if you wanna be the champion.

Edited by RichyRich

3 hours ago, BustinHeads101 said:

That’s Floyd’s MO, dude has always thought he is tough 

Edited by fooseball95

11 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I am glad someone said that I don't understand why the bradley players were being so mouthy the whole game when they were up. I wasn't impressed with mcminns offense at all so I don't really know how the cherokees managed 3 tds  they didn't pass the ball a single time and were just running in all three directions.   But for everyone to talk about bradley having a shot a Maryville, I mean this as respectfully as possibly but you gotta play with class and like a champion if you wanna be the champion.

Bradley is proof you don't go anywhere without a solid line on both sides of the ball. They have had their pick of talent for most of Floyd's entire tenure and have underachieved consistently bc they get whipped up front when they face teams as talented as they are 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Bradley is proof you don't go anywhere without a solid line on both sides of the ball. They have had their pick of talent for most of Floyd's entire tenure and have underachieved consistently bc they get whipped up front when they face teams as talented as they are 

Its crazy bc mcminn seems pretty down this year honestly  feel like they'll win a majority of region games possibly, but don't really see us beating Cleveland Powell, or possibly oak ridge imagine that rhea county game will be a toss up. Maybe walker valley but they haven't ever beat McMinn before even during their worse year I've ever seen  which was 2014.

Edited by RichyRich

6 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Its crazy bc mcminn seems pretty down this year honestly  feel like they'll win a majority of region games possibly, but don't really see us beating Cleveland Powell, or possibly oak ridge imagine that rhea county game will be a toss up. Maybe walker valley but they haven't ever beat McMinn before even during their worse year I've ever seen  which was 2014.

I'd be willing to bet Cagle can get more out of BC than Floyd has. I think Cleveland is winnable if they can keep the sticks moving but Powell and OR will probably be tough

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'd be willing to bet Cagle can get more out of BC than Floyd has. I think Cleveland is winnable if they can keep the sticks moving but Powell and OR will probably be tough

I figured oak ridge would be more winnable, than Cleveland actually lol. But time will tell, I'm not expecting much passed a 1st or 2nd round exit