McKenzie Rebels vs Dresden Lions 8/25.

RedRebelman

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Last 20 years the Mustangs have won 191 games losing 61 with that one dimension offense. I love running the ball and I think most Huntingdon fans do also. I wonder if anyone in west tennesse can match those 20 year totals.

Great wins. All I am saying, and its a compliment, with the talent you guys have had over there in those years, you should have a some gold balls. 

None the less, I think you guys will go deep. 

4 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

I do love a hard-nose running offense, however running basically the same run play is getting old, even if it successful most of the time. Maybe I haven't been paying much attention, but have they done away with the misdirection's? Also, why is it that the QB runs to the sideline to get the call after each play? When I was in school, they would have someone ready on the sideline to run in and give the play. Is it that they aren't confident in the players ability to give the right call in the huddle or do we not have enough depth at a certain position to swap out every play? 

Rivers does not look ready to be out on the field. He was favoring that knee all night. Didn't look like he wanted to do too much. Hopefully its just a mental thing and he can get that straight, but to me it looks like he is done at RB unfortunately and I feel bad for the young man because he would have been a good one in the back field. I hope I'm wrong.  

It used to be more of a double wing-t offense when I played in it . It had lots more miss-direction, less shot gun more under center. It was the one that won a state championship. This single wing-t crap isn’t fooling anyone and you can’t turn a wing-t offense into a passing offense no matter how hard you try. It just don’t work that way. Wing-T is meant for running the football and miss direction  . 

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Last 20 years the Mustangs have won 191 games losing 61 with that one dimension offense. I love running the ball and I think most Huntingdon fans do also. I wonder if anyone in west tennesse can match those 20 year totals.

In those 20 years, how many Huntingdon teams had a "passing/pro style" teams (in terms of players and their skillset) but elect to run the football because they're "Huntingdon."

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In those 20 years, how many Huntingdon teams had a "passing/pro style" teams (in terms of players and their skillset) but elect to run the football because they're "Huntingdon."

That’s a good question!  Mustangs have had many really good football players play QB but I’m not sure any would be considered a “true” QB.  

13 minutes ago, footballover said:

McKenzie has no business in Single A football. They got exactly what they wanted when they dropped down several years ago. You should be playing for a gold ball in every sport in the school when you bring in kids from Henry Co every year. Keep playing cup cake city Rebels!

I can name only one player that came from HC in the last 10 years that had significant playing time. And he left after his junior year.  So take that garbage back to the dump.  

1 hour ago, footballover said:

McKenzie has no business in Single A football. They got exactly what they wanted when they dropped down several years ago. You should be playing for a gold ball in every sport in the school when you bring in kids from Henry Co every year. Keep playing cup cake city Rebels!

One of the worst posts I have seen yet.