Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

9 hours ago, DBHSfootballfan1 said:

Sounds like you a greenville fan…. So your saying they are better than last years team from an unknown QB that threw TD passes on garbage DB’s, runs more than throws,  and return RB’s that aren’t very good because you have a good oline n dline…. I guess they winning the title again. Like last years prediction..

First.   Farragut is not a good team this year.  So barely losing to them is not impressive..  and the QB may be an unknown to you… then you obviously don’t pay attention.  He is probably top 3 in the state….  

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

They didn't have to show much against Tennessee High when your up 28-0 at half.  You think Run game is weaker but they have the same starting RB's, the Qb averaged 4.5 yards a run, and they have 3 of the 5 starting OL back.  The QB threw for Three TD's and had over 200 yards passing and throws a much better and stronger ball than Quillen ever did.  They also returned their front 7 on D and held Tennessee High to less than 175 yards for the game.  The Hype is what they return off of last years team and what they did in their scrimmages and then what they did in the first half against Tennessee High.  The 2nd half they didn't have to show anything and just kept rotating RB's and chewing the clock up.  You will see soon enough come Friday 

Most of the 2nd half they literally had the #5 rb on the depth chart in the game.   

5 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

First.   Farragut is not a good team this year.  So barely losing to them is not impressive..  and the QB may be an unknown to you… then you obviously don’t pay attention.  He is probably top 3 in the state….  

No offense, but top 3 in state... at what? QB fits Greeneville system that's it. He will have a good year because they are a very well ran program. He isn't top 10 in the state for class of 2024 alone. Second stop about Farragut! They have a better WR Room, and better DB's then Greeneville. QB's are about the same.  Line play I would say Greeneville on both sides and possibly a wash at LB's. Greeneville I believe would win in overall coaching department. I say all this because you act like they are trash. I think Greeneville will win by 2+ TD's but only because teams improve the most between weeks 1-2. 

• Like 1

Batman’s two cents worth and I’ll be all over the place since I’m a Devil who raised a couple of Indians .At this point we don’t know how good either team is after just one game.I always told my sons that no matter what Greeneville brings , you know it’s at least going to be one of the hardest hitting teams you will probably face. I listened to both teams games last week as best that I could. I enjoyed hearing one of my all time favorite DB coaches ,Michael Holt on the radio. Coach Holt reminded me of myself back in the day and he said the same at one of our first times meeting. It was down in Sevierville for a B team game . He and Teddy Gaines were the coaches  and ” One “ of his players had forgotten their playing pants . Anyway, it was a tough loss for the Tribe last week but I would say the Devils had better be prepared for a war at J Fred tomorrow night.Seen that the Devils are ranked number one in at least one poll. Tribe fans know all to well what those rankings will get you come playoff time .Never forget the 2008 season  . On a positive note, this game is great for both programs to get better and prepare for the playoffs .

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It'll be a battle for a short time but Greeneville will prove to be too much. I don't forsee a blowout but I feel Greeneville will win comfortably. DB lost a lot more than their fans want to believe. This won't be a good season for DB. You act like Farragut is a great team because they beat you all however maybe they still are bad but DB was just much worse. Don't be surprised to see a 6 win season and no playoff from DB this season. Greeneville, EHS and Science Hill should prove to be too much. I'm going to go out on a limb and say even WR will give DB a better game this year. 

The bolded is incorrect.  I don't see a 6 win season BUT I do see the Indians making the playoffs.  There's no way we lose to Mo East or Willy B.  And two conference wins will get us in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Don't you guys remember this clown (DBHSfootballfan1)? Notice the number of post. He comes out every year with a different screen name.  I'm not so sure he's even a DB fan. He'll be telling us how much better North Carolina High School football is than Tennessee in a few days. Book it. He's a fake. 

NC football must not be too shabby... The Blazers found that out last week.

10 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

The bolded is incorrect.  I don't see a 6 win season BUT I do see the Indians making the playoffs.  There's no way we lose to Mo East or Willy B.  And two conference wins will get us in the playoffs.

NC football must not be too shabby... The Blazers found that out last week.

Actually the NC team we played last week was just average, as bad as I hate to say it Boone is just not that good this year.... although I expect improvement this week against West Ridge

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Actually the NC team we played last week was just average, as bad as I hate to say it Boone is just not that good this year.... although I expect improvement this week against West Ridge

Actually Ewrin returned 7 of their 8 top tacklers on defense, and it's a school that's a few hundred students bigger than Boone from the city of Asheville. So you've got to assume they have some athletes to choose from. I think Ewrin's offense was less than average but I think their defense will prove to have been pretty solid and a great 1st game for the Blazers to see where their weakness are. 

Greeneville's QB is good, (not top 3 in the state, lol) but many of those yards came from wide-open receivers who ran the distance. How well will he do when he has to make a drive down the field connecting on 3rd r 4th downs?

Tennessee was picked to win the 5a, but those 1st games are never a good indicator of how good a team is until you have some same-opponents, apples to apples comparisons.  Like last year everyone thought West Ridge was so great when they blew out Volunteer. Turns out those were two terrible teams with Volunteer just being more terrible than WR.

47 minutes ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Actually Ewrin returned 7 of their 8 top tacklers on defense, and it's a school that's a few hundred students bigger than Boone from the city of Asheville. So you've got to assume they have some athletes to choose from. I think Ewrin's offense was less than average but I think their defense will prove to have been pretty solid and a great 1st game for the Blazers to see where their weakness are. 

Greeneville's QB is good, (not top 3 in the state, lol) but many of those yards came from wide-open receivers who ran the distance. How well will he do when he has to make a drive down the field connecting on 3rd r 4th downs?

Tennessee was picked to win the 5a, but those 1st games are never a good indicator of how good a team is until you have some same-opponents, apples to apples comparisons.  Like last year everyone thought West Ridge was so great when they blew out Volunteer. Turns out those were two terrible teams with Volunteer just being more terrible than WR.

4 for 4 on 3rd down conversion first half 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NETNSportsFan said:

That is some good info, maybe Boone will be okay after all.       Erwin had 2 long TD's called back on penalties but that's part of the game.... both long runs were by #6 (Michael Petty) who was very impressive.      Boone moved the ball pretty well in between the 20's, just could not get any points.   We'll see what happens tomorrow vs. West Ridge