South Pittsburg at Winchester (Stone Cold vs Tracy the Pro Hayworth)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Franklin County has roughly an 80+ man roster from what I gather.   

Made the playoffs the last 2 years after about an 11 year hiatus. 

Around 17 Seniors or so.

Rebels are led by Senior QB CJ Seals #14.  Passed for over 1800 yards with 16 TDs in 2022.

With nearly 500 yards rushing and over 400 receiving yards, #7 Senior Eric Jones is a dual threat.  Offense built around him.

Anchoring their line are Seniors #62 Garrison Cain,  #63 JoJo Taylor,  #72 Zaelyn Smith,  #74 Lane Pearson,  and Jr #57 Austin Meaker.

#1 Kai Baker 6'3" , &   #2 Willie Cobb are skill playmakers.

Linebackers 

#5 Dawson Sowers Jr RB/OLB

#11 BJ Bowhey Jr RB/OLB

Just to name a few of the Rebels to keep an eye on.

fc lost some really good players. 2 of their best wr who also played db for them. 

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Franklin County has roughly an 80+ man roster from what I gather.   

Made the playoffs the last 2 years after about an 11 year hiatus. 

Around 17 Seniors or so.

Rebels are led by Senior QB CJ Seals #14.  Passed for over 1800 yards with 16 TDs in 2022.

With nearly 500 yards rushing and over 400 receiving yards, #7 Senior Eric Jones is a dual threat.  Offense built around him.

Anchoring their line are Seniors #62 Garrison Cain,  #63 JoJo Taylor,  #72 Zaelyn Smith,  #74 Lane Pearson,  and Jr #57 Austin Meaker.

#1 Kai Baker 6'3" , &   #2 Willie Cobb are skill playmakers.

Linebackers 

#5 Dawson Sowers Jr RB/OLB

#11 BJ Bowhey Jr RB/OLB

Just to name a few of the Rebels to keep an eye on.

Sounds like our boys have their hands full this week. I’d say this type of game will make them better for the playoffs. Go Pirates!

4 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Sounds like our boys have their hands full this week. I’d say this type of game will make them better for the playoffs. Go Pirates!

Absolutely will make us better.  

I look for old school approach from Rebels Coach Hayworth.   Rely on the strength which is most likely their line upfront.  Run the ball,  milk the clock.  Slow everything down.  Look to move the chains.  Chew up the clock.  Yada yada yada.  

I could be wrong.  We'll see. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Absolutely will make us better.  

I look for old school approach from Rebels Coach Hayworth.   Rely on the strength which is most likely their line upfront.  Run the ball,  milk the clock.  Slow everything down.  Look to move the chains.  Chew up the clock.  Yada yada yada.  

I could be wrong.  We'll see. 

They should have as many or more athletes as SP does. I’d say this one will be tough to get the win, but hopefully SP can pull one off. 

1 minute ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

They should have as many or more athletes as SP does. I’d say this one will be tough to get the win, but hopefully SP can pull one off. 

I'd like to see this matchup become a rivalry.  I don't know why there has only been 3 football games played between us considering the proximity of the schools. 

2011 SP 38-7

1955 FCHS  33-13

1954 SP 39-12

Any others?  

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see this matchup become a rivalry.  I don't know why there has only been 3 football games played between us considering the proximity of the schools. 

2011 SP 38-7

1955 FCHS  33-13

1954 SP 39-12

Any others?  

That's about it. We did play Winchester many times before 1950, which is when FCHS first opened (I think).

Edited by The Drunken Sailor