Sumner County stadium issues

MJGOLDENBEARS

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

He either dropped the ball or did it on purpose so the general masses would rally around him and against the commission.  Trust me it’s political in fighting and both sides are to blame.  You have one side who has spent money for whatever and one side who wants to spend no money at all.  When the former super left, he left a mess.  

This isn’t the time for infighting or politics. The most innocent are paying the greatest price. These once-in-a-lifetime experiences will forever be tainted by penny pinching. Everyone on the SCBOE, including School Director, County Commission and County Mayor, should attend a Portland game and explain there inactions to those good folks 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, BDP2003 said:

Tonight was such a waste of time! Proud of this who spoke in support of the movement of funds, but overall, I wasted two hours of my night. White House isn’t even included in Phase 1 and our stadium is in a different county. 

I would think SumCo would build you another stadium before repairing something in RobCo

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

I would think SumCo would build you another stadium before repairing something in RobCo

They are going to pull the concrete section that is displaced when the season is over to determine what is to be done. I anticipate it will be repaired prior to next season and a new stadium on campus will be in the 2-3 year plan. I have sat through just about every one of these meetings and have had conversations with many people involved. In regards to it happening on the watch of the current director, he is doing everything he can, but because the commissioners fighting this dislike him (prior political fallout) he is somewhat handcuffed… and their egos are getting in the way. They are overreaching their authority and trying to do things that are not in their purview at all. Then they are getting on social media and and spreading outright lies. When confronted they disabled comments. It’s quite disgusting actually. 

• Like 1

$8 million won’t touch the damages.  I realize there are some other things that need to be addressed that are in the previous proposal but all of those repairs are necessary.  I love the idea of getting another assessment done personally.  But I hate the Engineering Firm  Brown suggested.  They are controversial and I think the one that the school board uses is in pocket with Sumner Co too.  Use an independent one and let’s see what is said.  But who pays for that?   I know for a fact that Gallatin’s stadium is in vast need of repairs and I would love to have another assessment say the same thing!  Point is you cannot keep ignoring problems and expect them to go away.  Eventually you have to replace or repair, things wear out and not having a proper procedure in place has led to this.  The past BoE is at fault and the County Commission is at fault for letting that happen.  I trust none of them!!  This Commission needs to do the right thing and spend the money for the proper repairs and quit trying to pass the Buck once again down the road.  This has become very ugly for Summer County because of the political pandering to one’s own party!!  

14 hours ago, eers said:

They are going to pull the concrete section that is displaced when the season is over to determine what is to be done. I anticipate it will be repaired prior to next season and a new stadium on campus will be in the 2-3 year plan. I have sat through just about every one of these meetings and have had conversations with many people involved. In regards to it happening on the watch of the current director, he is doing everything he can, but because the commissioners fighting this dislike him (prior political fallout) he is somewhat handcuffed… and their egos are getting in the way. They are overreaching their authority and trying to do things that are not in their purview at all. Then they are getting on social media and and spreading outright lies. When confronted they disabled comments. It’s quite disgusting actually. 

It may not be the current director's fault but 99.9% of the population do not know that nor do they care.  All the people want is for the problems to be fixed ASAP.  I have always said that the people will eventually have their say and my guess is that you will see several people voted out of office during the next election.  

Board of Education in a sense rejects the $8 million citing they do not think the motion to amend the previous $15.8 million they asked for was legal.  They voted to send the entire $15 million asking amount back to the commission for this Monday’s meeting of the commission.  An amendment for only $13 million failed.  That was a quick synapsis of what transpired last night.