South Pittsburg @ Copper Basin

LethalAttack

8 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Pirates by as much as they want. We are very down this year, maybe the worst we have ever been. Hats off to the kids who are out there still. Half the team has never played football or they are first year starters. Going to be a long and frustrating year. But as always I love my cougars.

That’s the support programs need!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Pirates by as much as they want. We are very down this year, maybe the worst we have ever been. Hats off to the kids who are out there still. Half the team has never played football or they are first year starters. Going to be a long and frustrating year. But as always I love my cougars.

I think copper hill should play less out of state games, and pick up games against Sunbright, Pickett County, Harriman,Hancock County,Howard. I think they'd be able to some of those teams. Just my opinion though.

4 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I think copper hill should play less out of state games, and pick up games against Sunbright, Pickett County, Harriman,Hancock County,Howard. I think they'd be able to some of those teams. Just my opinion though.

I totally agree, too many homeschool teams on the schedule and you run into problems of them canceling seasons and stuff due to lack of players it’s risky. Also those teams end up picking up big time players from local public schools in the area that have gotten in trouble or not getting the playing time they want. So what I’m saying is homeschool teams are not always winnable games or easy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I totally agree, too many homeschool teams on the schedule and you run into problems of them canceling seasons and stuff due to lack of players it’s risky. Also those teams end up picking up big time players from local public schools in the area that have gotten in trouble or not getting the playing time they want. So what I’m saying is homeschool teams are not always winnable games or easy.

I understand playing Fannin county and maybe towns, but other than that I don't think it's really worth it I think copperhill could beat Sunbright Oakdale Pickett county and Hancock Co for sure. Just would be quite a bit of travel.

24 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

For the young bunch on CoachT, there was a time that Copper Basin was one of the tough games on the schedule. You could expect a dog fight everytime you played them. As a matter of fact, at one time, it came down to the winner of SP and Copper Basin to determine who went to the playoffs. 

True that I am younger but I'm pretty well versed in Tennessee high school football history. We used to play them in middle school then they suddenly just stopped and it seemed like none of the local teams played against them in football including tellico and polk county. This was back before alot of the middle school teams were consolidated though.  In mcminn county alone we had Englewood rams(played for them earlier), Athens Hawks(played for them later), Etowah knights, Riceville Wildcats, and Rogers Creek Warriors. Now they just have mcminn county middle school team combined Riceville,Roger creek,and athens with other nonfootball team having schools ek baker,niota,and Calhoun. As well as Mcminn central middle school team which combined Englewood and Etowah  teams. I think it makes for a better feeder system across the board but I miss the old days of 25 men teams rather than 70+.