AP 1A TOP 10 AUGUST 28, 2023

Southtowner

8 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Dresden beating McKenzie and Moore County beating Fayettevile are  impressive wins so far. I’d probably go..

Dresden

Moore Co

So Pitt

MASE

Union City

For a top 5

If we agree that Moore County and Dresden return almost everybody from last year's teams, then Moore CO proved last year that they could play with 2 of the best teams that 1A has seen over the past several years. Dresden did not fair too well against those 2 teams last year. I am not saying this proves anything, but is one way to look at it. Dresden has a good football team, but I think their win against McKenzie is not as impressive as it may turn out. I think McKenzie got overhyped because of  beating Huntingdon in week one, who came in with an awful game plan and turned the ball over. Dresden did expose McKenzie for who they are at this point in time, a team that only returns 2 starters on both sides of the ball with inexperienced lines and no depth. And from what I hear about S. Pitt they have a juggernaut of a team with a few new additions to their team. I am leaving Moore Co and S. Pitt @ 1&2 with Dresden close @ 3.  

36 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

If we agree that Moore County and Dresden return almost everybody from last year's teams, then Moore CO proved last year that they could play with 2 of the best teams that 1A has seen over the past several years. Dresden did not fair too well against those 2 teams last year. I am not saying this proves anything, but is one way to look at it. Dresden has a good football team, but I think their win against McKenzie is not as impressive as it may turn out. I think McKenzie got overhyped because of  beating Huntingdon in week one, who came in with an awful game plan and turned the ball over. Dresden did expose McKenzie for who they are at this point in time, a team that only returns 2 starters on both sides of the ball with inexperienced lines and no depth. And from what I hear about S. Pitt they have a juggernaut of a team with a few new additions to their team. I am leaving Moore Co and S. Pitt @ 1&2 with Dresden close @ 3.  

Good post, I think this is right on

I think your top 3 are right and Mase is right behind and Union City will be moving up the rankings soon.  McKenzie will be much better by the end of the season.

Another poll, idk which source, but a Weakley County pastor posted it, that Dresden was #1.. (will I do this the right way to show it.. we shall see..) nope.. wouldnt post. Try the AP link this way.. no, two strikes.. So I'll copy it & put it here.. 

Class 1A

School Record Pts
1. Dresden (3) 1-0 82
2. Greenback (3) 1-0 79
3. South Pittsburg (3) 1-0 74
4. Huntingdon (1) 1-0 73
5. Wayne County 1-0 55
6. Whitwell 1-0 41
7. Coalfield 1-0 37
8. Fayetteville 1-0 26
9. Gordonsville 0-1 25
10. Lake County 1-0 21
Others receiving 12 or more points: Cloudland 15.

15 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Another poll, idk which source, but a Weakley County pastor posted it, that Dresden was #1.. (will I do this the right way to show it.. we shall see..) nope.. wouldnt post. Try the AP link this way.. no, two strikes.. So I'll copy it & put it here.. 

Class 1A

School Record Pts
1. Dresden (3) 1-0 82
2. Greenback (3) 1-0 79
4. Huntingdon (1) 1-0 73
5. Wayne County 1-0 55
6. Whitwell 1-0 41
7. Coalfield 1-0 37
8. Fayetteville 1-0 26
9. Gordonsville 0-1 25
10. Lake County 1-0 21

I'm not sure where this is from since it has everyone with only 1 game played and it has (1-0) Greenback at #2 and Wayne County at #5. Greenback is 0-2 and Wayne County started off 0-1.

On 8/31/2023 at 7:22 AM, RexKwonDo said:

I still think when the dust settles that S. Pitt is going to be the Team to beat. Moore Co is Solid. I just don’t think they have enough athletes with speed besides White. Probably their best team in a decade but I’m afraid they’re too thin at the skill positions to Win it all this Season. Going to be interesting to see how far they can go. 

Dresden lost like 13-15 seniors from last year. Many of them started/played

Dresden is a totally different team than last year... biggest being our O-line. boys have gotten bigger,stronger,and healthier.  Not saying this team is better than last year were just built different. One lb gained 15 pounds another 20lbs. Our depth at d line is a huge advantage for us we're rotating 5 to 6 guys constantly. Dresden will be in the running if we stay healthy.  

Totally agree. You’re spot on with my Opinion. 

12 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Class 1A

School Record Pts
1. Dresden (3) 1-0 82
2. Greenback (3) 1-0 79
4. Huntingdon (1) 1-0 73
5. Wayne County 1-0 55
6. Whitwell 1-0 41
7. Coalfield 1-0 37
8. Fayetteville 1-0 26
9. Gordonsville 0-1 25
10. Lake County 1-0 21

That’s not an accurate poll for this year…..