Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

20 minutes ago, Jduggie said:

I believe gvile knew what was coming for them the 2nd half. Why not play tomorrow 

You do realize  that Alcoa hadn't  scored a single  point the first half offensively  right ?. No one knows for sure what would  have  happened  the rest of the way. I felt like Alcoa had some momentum  going  finally.  But that can all change on one play. I am not going  to pretend  to be nostradomus and say I know  this  or that was going  to happen.  It's  high school football  anything  could  have  happened.  I do know  Greeneville  was their  own worse enemy  with the holding call that brought back a Touchdown  and a bad decision  on a pick six from your own 1. I think Greeneville  Dominated  the first quarter  and I think Alcoa  out played them the 2nd up until  the time the storm came. Two Good  Football  Teams. As far as playing  tomorrow.  I believe  one reason  it was a Thursday  Game  is because  of the refs shortage  local  teams or required  to play one Thursday  game  to help the situation.  This  was Greeneville's Thursday  Game  I am sure the referee crew has a game  somewhere  else tomorrow  night. Plus hate to say it but in the 10 day forecast  for here scattered  thunder storms for for Friday  , Saturday  and Sunday 

Edited by Greendevil87
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Greendevil87 said:

You do realize  that Alcoa hadn't  scored a single  point the first half offensively  right ?. No one knows for sure what would  have  happened  the rest of the way. I felt like Alcoa had some momentum  going  finally.  But that can all change on one play. I am not going  to pretend  to be nostradomus and say I know  this  or that was going  to happen.  It's  high school football  anything  could  have  happened.  I do know  Greeneville  was their  own worse enemy  with the holding call that brought back a Touchdown  and a bad decision  on a pick six from your own 1. I think Greeneville  Dominated  the first quarter  and I think Alcoa  out played them the 2nd up until  the time the storm came. Two Good  Football  Teams. As far as playing  tomorrow.  J believe  one reason  it was a Thursday  Game  is because  of the refs shortage  local  teams or required  to play one Thursday  game  to help the situation.  This  was Greeneville's Thursday  Game  I am sure the referee crew has a game  somewhere  else tomorrow  night. Plus hate to say it but in the 10 day forecast  to here scattered  thunder storms for for Friday  , Saturday  and Sunday 

It is unlikely that anything you say will change this dude's mind.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, woodby30 said:

Why could they just not resume tomorrow night and legit reason?

What do you do about....

* Gate receipts? Did everyone get their money back tonight? Would they have to pay to get back in tomorrow night? 

* Officials? The crew who officiated tonight is probably calling a game somewhere else tomorrow night and there's a shortage of officials.

I live in South Florida, and about the only games I've seen made up are district games, played the next day or on Monday. Yesterday Palm Beach Gardens played at Vero Beach in a game ppd from Friday because of a COVID outbreak at PBGHS, but that was a game that was ppd before it started. Treasure Coast and Pahokee were playing a couple of years ago and severe weather moved in before the end of the 1st quarter and it wound up being canceled. 

Basically, it's high school football, and as much as we love it, it's not the NFL or college football where TV contracts are made and they'll do whatever possible to try and get the game in no matter how long it takes. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

What do you do about....

* Gate receipts? Did everyone get their money back tonight? Would they have to pay to get back in tomorrow night? 

* Officials? The crew who officiated tonight is probably calling a game somewhere else tomorrow night and there's a shortage of officials.

I live in South Florida, and about the only games I've seen made up are district games, played the next day or on Monday. Yesterday Palm Beach Gardens played at Vero Beach in a game ppd from Friday because of a COVID outbreak at PBGHS, but that was a game that was ppd before it started. Treasure Coast and Pahokee were playing a couple of years ago and severe weather moved in before the end of the 1st quarter and it wound up being canceled. 

Basically, it's high school football, and as much as we love it, it's not the NFL or college football where TV contracts are made and they'll do whatever possible to try and get the game in no matter how long it takes. 

Exactly!!!  A lot are hollering this and that as an excuse 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

What do you do about....

Good post

• Like 1

They probably couldn't have gotten this thing going again till at least after 10 right?? Then what? Folks don't get home till well after midnight. And that's only IF no more thunderstorms popped up behind it.. It's a Thursday, adults have to go to work and kids need to go to school tomorrow. There's more important things at play than finishing a non region football game. I mean, yeah it sucks they didn't get to finish, but let's have some perspective here. 

Sometimes it just doesn't go the way we want.The very first UT game I took one of my younger boys to see was UT vs Marshall in 2006.He was about 7 at the time and I wanted him to see the band and all the things that go with big time football. Anybody remember that night .Well , the band didn't even form the power T before the game or play at the half ,if I remember correctly.But,the Vols won and the game was played after a big delay..