USJ @ Jackson Christian

ManOfMillions

40 minutes ago, WestTNBuc said:

I gotta ask, which team in the past 5 years are better?

I would argue the ‘20 and ‘21 teams had more overall weapons and better QB play. Last year’s team very similar to this year. This team is pretty one-dimensional and if they see a team with a “dude” or two, they’d be pretty easy to scheme up. Bruins just didn’t have that dude this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I would argue the ‘20 and ‘21 teams had more overall weapons and better QB play. Last year’s team very similar to this year. This team is pretty one-dimensional and if they see a team with a “dude” or two, they’d be pretty easy to scheme up. Bruins just didn’t have that dude this year. 

Not sure about the over all play of those years but this team has a number of weapons. I would  argue this year’s defense is better than last year and from an offensive production standpoint the QB play has been very good and they have a balanced offense. I’ll see about pulling some stats to back up my gut. 

9 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

From the times I've watched JCS this year, they do seem to be too reliant on Mosley at times. They also have to stop finding a way to hit the home run ball on situations where the home run ball isn't needed. On plays that are 3rd and long for them, they want to find a way to throw the ball 30 yards down the field, and not 7-9 yards and get the first down that way. I like this JCS team, but they can certainly be more efficient than what they are. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:57 PM, ReitzFan said:

sounds like someone is having a "momma he wont stop touching me" moment this week. Karma bites back hard. Ha Ha. 

I'll also add that your bracketology is in error. In D2A, the W#1 has a fairly easy path to Cookville. W#2 would have to go thru M#1 in second round and most likely E#1 in semis. I guess we will decide who goes where in week 11. Im certainly not going to come out and say we will win, but I sure dont believe our friends on Country Club Lane will win the rest of their games by a half time running clock like you think they could.

See you on the hardwood. 

Congratulations to JCS. Your W was most impressive. 

You think the W1 has an “easy” path to Cookeville by playing the likely #2 seeds?

Edited by Playerscoach

11 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

What’s funny is our friend from TCA just said the W1 has an “easy” path to get to Cookeville. His homerism is funny to watch. I’ll give a breakdown of teams they may have to play to get to Cookeville in no particular order.

- Friendship- the injury bug has hit them but they still have a big and disruptive DL and Walcott is an all state RB. They have some talented WR/DBs as well. 

- NCS - lost a ton from last year but has five start Jared Curtis who is arguably the states top QB regardless of class as a sophomore. The 6’3” 215 lb signal caller is big, fast, elusive, and has a big arm. Any game he plays makes NCS dangerous. 

MTCS- Has UTs future OG and several other players who fit perfectly with their offense. Well coached and disciplined describe them perfectly.

Columbia Academy - Very big OL/DL and have an all state caliber RB. They can throw it around a bit too and have a ton of kids on the roster. With a home run threat at RB who can do what he does they are very dangerous. 

DCA- OL/DL are the smallest in years but athletic and play hard. This QB/WR/DB group is much much deeper, faster, bigger, and more talented overall than the group that won the Gold Ball just two years ago. DCA is not deep so they cannot afford any of their players to miss games (they’ve already had a few miss every game this year). Lastly Add in the 6’6” 235 power five conference freak jumbo athlete who was offered by Nick, Josh, and everyone else as a 15 year old freshman last year and that makes them a team that has the big play potential. Never count out a Paul Wade team either. 

All those teams have weaknesses for sure but to suggest playing any combination of those teams back to back is “easy” might be one of the more “questionable” things said on here IMO. Again, I get his blind homerism and can understand when he blames the refs, pulls out hypotheticals to dismiss actual plays, is overly critical of other teams, and elevates his teams potential but using “easy” is, well, an unusual choice. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

What’s funny is our friend from TCA just said the W1 has an “easy” path to get to Cookeville. His homerism is funny to watch. I’ll give a breakdown of teams they may have to play to get to Cookeville in no particular order.

- Friendship- the injury bug has hit them but they still have a big and disruptive DL and Walcott is an all state RB. They have some talented WR/DBs as well. 

- NCS - lost a ton from last year but has five start Jared Curtis who is arguably the states top QB regardless of class as a sophomore. The 6’3” 215 lb signal caller is big, fast, elusive, and has a big arm. Any game he plays makes NCS dangerous. 

MTCS- Has UTs future OG and several other players who fit perfectly with their offense. Well coached and disciplined describe them perfectly.

Columbia Academy - Very big OL/DL and have an all state caliber RB. They can throw it around a bit too and have a ton of kids on the roster. With a home run threat at RB who can do what he does they are very dangerous. 

DCA- OL/DL are the smallest in years but athletic and play hard. This QB/WR/DB group is much much deeper, faster, bigger, and more talented overall than the group that won the Gold Ball just two years ago. DCA is not deep so they cannot afford any of their players to miss games (they’ve already had a few miss every game this year). Lastly Add in the 6’6” 235 power five conference freak jumbo athlete who was offered by Nick, Josh, and everyone else as a 15 year old freshman last year and that makes them a team that has the big play potential. Never count out a Paul Wade team either. 

All those teams have weaknesses for sure but to suggest playing any combination of those teams back to back is “easy” might be one of the more “questionable” things said on here IMO. Again, I get his blind homerism and can understand when he blames the refs, pulls out hypotheticals to dismiss actual plays, is overly critical of other teams, and elevates his teams potential but using “easy” is, well, an unusual choice. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

You think the W1 has an “easy” path to Cookeville by playing the likely #2 seeds?

Dude,  I was making a comparison  between  the paths W1 and W2 would have to take to get to Cookville this year. W1 has a bye to open the playoffs. Then the get to host either E3 or M3. Win that game and you would most likely host either M2 or E2 with that winner getting to Cookville. Of course either M2 or E2 would be a tough opponant I wouldnt deny that. I think the team favored to be W1 would be more than capable of handling business at their house. 

W2 starts the playoffs hosting E4. They would then advance to play at M1 who comes in off a bye. I still think that could very well be NCS despite their poor start this season.  Should W2 manage to somehow win at M1, they would most likely travel to E1 in the semis and probably face FCS. A person with your knowledge of the game ought to be able to see that W2 has a tougher path than W1 when looking at a blank bracket and applying some logic. In other words, W1 has an "easier" path at least on paper. Last years tournament bracket was a bit more balanced than this years if you care to look in my opinion. My statement that you responded to has nothing to do with homerism,  what one thinks about officials, or any other nonsense you are throwing up and saying I am guilty of.   Bottom line is you dont care for me. I'm  good with that because I certainly don't need your approval or your opinion on anything. Im not going to get on here and use a bunch of snide remarks against you. It serves no purpose. 

With that being said, Id really prefer that you dont engage me on this board unless i directly comment to you on some subject. The conversation that you injected youself into did not need any input from you as it didnt involve you in the first place.

With that being said, I hope the team you follow stays healthy and gets the many blessings that high school football has to offer. 

12 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Dude,  I was making a comparison  between  the paths W1 and W2 would have to take to get to Cookville this year. W1 has a bye to open the playoffs. Then the get to host either E3 or M3. Win that game and you would most likely host either M2 or E2 with that winner getting to Cookville. Of course either M2 or E2 would be a tough opponant I wouldnt deny that. I think the team favored to be W1 would be more than capable of handling business at their house. 

W2 starts the playoffs hosting E4. They would then advance to play at M1 who comes in off a bye. I still think that could very well be NCS despite their poor start this season.  Should W2 manage to somehow win at M1, they would most likely travel to E1 in the semis and probably face FCS. A person with your knowledge of the game ought to be able to see that W2 has a tougher path than W1 when looking at a blank bracket and applying some logic. In other words, W1 has an "easier" path at least on paper. Last years tournament bracket was a bit more balanced than this years if you care to look in my opinion. My statement that you responded to has nothing to do with homerism,  what one thinks about officials, or any other nonsense you are throwing up and saying I am guilty of.   Bottom line is you dont care for me. I'm  good with that because I certainly don't need your approval or your opinion on anything. Im not going to get on here and use a bunch of snide remarks against you. It serves no purpose. 

With that being said, Id really prefer that you dont engage me on this board unless i directly comment to you on some subject. The conversation that you injected youself into did not need any input from you as it didnt involve you in the first place.

With that being said, I hope the team you follow stays healthy and gets the many blessings that high school football has to offer. 

You talk on here all the time so relax and just own what you say. You used the word “easy” and I responded to it. It’s a message board and you made a comment so you can’t pick and choose who responds.  Just relax and take the exchanges.   Maybe if you just stopped and had an inkling of self awareness you’d see the dismissive tone you use towards other teams, especially USJ but I understand that’s a rival. 

The fact is that again you were dismissive of several schools by saying, and meaning, it was an “easy path to Cookeville .” You didn’t say “easier” you said easy because it’s apparent you believe what you write here because you’re extremely opinionated. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t get nasty though. It is your prerogative to say that but I’m sure as heck going to bring it up if I choose to. Again, develop a little self awareness to what you type. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

You talk on here all the time so relax and just own what you say. You used the word “easy” and I responded to it. It’s a message board and you made a comment so you can’t pick and choose who responds.  Just relax and take the exchanges.   Maybe if you just stopped and had an inkling of self awareness you’d see the dismissive tone you use towards other teams, especially USJ but I understand that’s a rival. 

The fact is that again you were dismissive of several schools by saying, and meaning, it was an “easy path to Cookeville .” You didn’t say “easier” you said easy because it’s apparent you believe what you write here because you’re extremely opinionated. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t get nasty though. It is your prerogative to say that but I’m sure as heck going to bring it up if I choose to. Again, develop a little self awareness to what you type. 

It is so easy to jerk your chain!

A couple updates with some stats and a quick thought.

The championship is in Chattanooga at UTChatt not Cookville. I also believe its an "easy" road to Chatt, compared to last year. The W1 host all the way to the finals this year. Last year, USJ, as the 1,  had to travel for the semi matchup. JC also traveled as the 2, so from a home field advantage there wasn't really a difference between them and USJ had to travel farther by time and mileage. With the W1 hosting all the way to the finals, its a better draw. I know nothing about FCS, NCS, DCA, CA, or MTCS except for what I've read on here and the knowledge of how things went last year. USJ was knocked off by FCS and JCS was crushed by NCS. JC defeated CA and MTCS on the way to play NCS. NCS does have their QB back but lost a number of really good players so it seems that they may not be quite as good as last year. USJ is obviously down a bit and I think JC is better than last year. 

Stats for 3 of 4 games

JC vs USJ - 175 rushing yards, 177 passing yards. Kelly 11/14 with 2 tds, Mosley 7 catches for 150 yards and a td. Deuce had 120 of 175 yards on the ground. Defense with a couple takeaways and and TD.

JC vs Goodpasture - 229 passing and 192 rushing, Kelly 13/18 for 229 yards. Mosley 10 catches for 204, Deuce 17/105 and a TD, Jones 9/83 and TD. Defense gave up 183 and offense had 421 yards.

JC vs Peabody - Kelly 16/21 324 4tds and 1 rushing td. Mosley 9 for 187 and 2 tds, Green 4 for 79 and a td, Carrier 2 for 45 and a td. Defense had 3 takeaways.

If you're saying they are 1 dimensional because of Mosley then that argument could be made for most any Div II 1A team and their best offensive player (just look at the last few year's Mr. Football finalist). The offense seems fairly balanced from a production standpoint and until someone stops Mosley, which at this level I'm not sure is possible, then they would be foolish to not give him the ball. I would assume he has been the best player on the field for each of their games and probably will be until late in the playoffs if not each game. If you can score, you score and if someone can stop him then they will address it when/if that time comes.

23 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

From the times I've watched JCS this year, they do seem to be too reliant on Mosley at times. They also have to stop finding a way to hit the home run ball on situations where the home run ball isn't needed. On plays that are 3rd and long for them, they want to find a way to throw the ball 30 yards down the field, and not 7-9 yards and get the first down that way. I like this JCS team, but they can certainly be more efficient than what they are. 

They certainly could be more efficient they definitely have the tools. But I think it's a combination of testing the limits in non-region games to get a gauge on the team and they want to showcase their studs. Not the worst strategy in private school ball.

13 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

A couple updates with some stats and a quick thought.

The championship is in Chattanooga at UTChatt not Cookville. I also believe its an "easy" road to Chatt, compared to last year. The W1 host all the way to the finals this year. Last year, USJ, as the 1,  had to travel for the semi matchup. JC also traveled as the 2, so from a home field advantage there wasn't really a difference between them and USJ had to travel farther by time and mileage. With the W1 hosting all the way to the finals, its a better draw. 

You are certainly correct about the champio ship games being in Chattanooga.  Last time I worked o e it was still in Cookeville and Murfreesboro before that. Age will mess with ones sense of direction at times. I wonder if Playercoach will get all upity with you for saying the same thing I did about the path for W1 to the SHIP this season. On paper it is most certainly an easy road when compared to last year. With his vast football knowledge he should be able to see. He must be an official! LOL