Cyunts Hil att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

5 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I am hoping we see a more confident effort this week offensively. Maybe having a complete game under his belt will give the QB more confidence. There needs to be more scheming and creativity offensively. It doesn't have to be anything extremely complicated, just doing things to keep the defense on their heels and being less predictable. I liked the throwback screen to the TE last week - that play was a GQ staple. In my opinion, there needs to be more of those types of calls to be more effective offensively. Moving the defenses' eyes and creating easier windows to throw into.

Jjr2010 GQ maid a livin' runnin' missdireckshun plays....Tha TE throwbaick wuz nice.....Tha missed onn "fite song" inn tha red zoan becaws tha bawl wuz throwed a littull flat....Jist tha littull thangs....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:02 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

This one is more important than most folks think.

The injury bug has had a major effect on this team and that's just the ones you know about. Word I hear from some close fans are a few got a little bit out of control last Friday and one football father having a very ugly confrotation with one of the school higher ups right in front of everyone. This is one of the reasons I said this game is more important than most folks think. From the very start of the season I realized 17 of the 22 positions were void from last year and a 6-4 worksheet at Maryviile after all these years with 60 and 70 game win streaks could be a possibility. The injury bug is a bad thing and I realize that from first hand experience that my senior season it cost us one of those gold balls at the end of the football field. It haunts me to this day how close we were had it not been for that. I hope these boys can dig deep this week and pull this one out.

The Maryville teams I've always seen in the past was usually 2-3 players deep in almost every position. 

But I guess the Quarles years spoiled them. Being up at halftime by 4 or 5 scores and giving the backups valuable playing time in the second half helped develop depth. 

I don't see that same depth with these Hunt Maryville teams.

I think Maryville should win comfortably this week, if not, they could be in trouble.

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The injury bug has had a major effect on this team and that's just the ones you know about. Word I hear from some close fans are a few got a little bit out of control last Friday and one football father having a very ugly confrotation with one of the school higher ups right in front of everyone. This is one of the reasons I said this game is more important than most folks think. From the very start of the season I realized 17 of the 22 positions were void from last year and a 6-4 worksheet at Maryviile after all these years with 60 and 70 game win streaks could be a possibility. The injury bug is a bad thing and I realize that from first hand experience that my senior season it cost us one of those gold balls at the end of the football field. It haunts me to this day how close we were had it not been for that. I hope these boys can dig deep this week and pull this one out.

The number of key injuries has undoubtedly been the biggest challenge this year’s team has faced to this point. It’s a bad part of the game. However, the stubbornness to adjust is a close second. I expect to see some new schemes from the lil fellers this week. 

29 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

E-z now sx this cood qwalify az "vurry vurry crittycull"......:popcorneater:

Yeah, I can see that. Murvil has always been reluctant to.get out of their comfort zone. AND THAT HAS BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL! So hard to argue. But this team may need to get you to look over there while they … over here. I still think they will continue to improve, which is the same goal as the best teams. Get better.

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Ya'll will win this one. Won't be in typical maryville fashion. Before Maryville scores would always be 28-0 or 35-0 at the half and end up 42-7 or 48-14 when your backups play the starters. I see this being 28-14 Maryville. Upper east TN is trash

When you lose 17 starters from the year before then you lose your best player the first game then your best lineman and then your quarterback and possibly two more this has to be a coaches nightmare. Having to figure out the best schemes for what you have left would also be another challenge. I enjoyed watching an interview with Coach Hunt from two weeks ago and his feelings about the NIL and much more regarding the program. Toughest year I can ever remember.