Cyunts Hil att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

On 9/11/2023 at 7:32 PM, STARSNBARS said:

Jjr2010 GQ maid a livin' runnin' missdireckshun plays....Tha TE throwbaick wuz nice.....Tha missed onn "fite song" inn tha red zoan becaws tha bawl wuz throwed a littull flat....Jist tha littull thangs....:popcorneater:

Agreed. Fight song was a good call as well, just didn’t execute. As you said, it’s the little things. And they add up quickly. 

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When you lose 17 starters from the year before then you lose your best player the first game then your best lineman and then your quarterback and possibly two more this has to be a coaches nightmare. Having to figure out the best schemes for what you have left would also be another challenge. I enjoyed watching an interview with Coach Hunt from two weeks ago and his feelings about the NIL and much more regarding the program. Toughest year I can ever remember.

Just curious, but didn’t West lose a ton of starters off of last year’s team?? The injuries I get but let’s not act as if Maryville is the only team around that lost starters.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Just curious, but didn’t West lose a ton of starters off of last year’s team?? The injuries I get but let’s not act as if Maryville is the only team around that lost starters.

Losing 17 starters is tough for any team. West isn't anywhere good as they were last year but they have done well because they have one of the best coaches in East Tennessee.

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If anyone plans to watch this game on NFHS don't forget to pickup a bottle of Ibuprofen today or tomorrow before watching that great camera work guaranteed to give you a migraine headache. Talked to so many people this week that cancelled their NFHS over it. 

I have a bad habit of oversimplifying things, but why do they not have a couple of students doing these games? It could be some extra credit for their media class maybe. Is it because one adult will have to supervise and they don’t have any adults up there with enough interest to do it? I’m sure the students would not be incredibly professional, but surely they would be better than what we have now, and likely would be a little entertaining. 

17 minutes ago, strongx said:

I have a bad habit of oversimplifying things, but why do they not have a couple of students doing these games? It could be some extra credit for their media class maybe. Is it because one adult will have to supervise and they don’t have any adults up there with enough interest to do it? I’m sure the students would not be incredibly professional, but surely they would be better than what we have now, and likely would be a little entertaining. 

This is my two cents. The camera operator most likely is a student. I bet you're playing on the phone with the girlfriend for the action on the field to be 30 yards away. It's all comes back to the person that relieves Scott West of the basketball job. Maryville High is changing drastically with all these outsiders coming in running the place making changes that are not and would not be acceptable to people my age. I've told people for the last 15 years what's going to happen up there if we don't get the bull by the horns and send some people packing. Even people that are moving here from California are shocked about how this place is being run. Let Brett Coulter tell you about the one that chewed him up and spit him out last Friday night. Far as the football team goes I've known Derek since he was a baby and he has my 100% vote of confidence. My only advice to him is to reevaluate the whole thing this coming winter and even if you possibly need to set down with GQ for thoughts on how he would handle it. Don't let others you like so well to bring you down by hanging on to them.

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

Over to Oke Gridge  David Clary  uses high school kids for the camera work, has for years and for the most part they are very professional . Course that don't help you all. But it can be done.

There was no excuse in the world how bad that camera work was last week. I've had so many people call and text me since especially after I posted about it. Every single person I've talked to is dropping it. Getting beat by West is one thing but getting beat by NFHS is another.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is my two cents. The camera operator most likely is a student. I bet you're playing on the phone with the girlfriend for the action on the field to be 30 yards away. It's all comes back to the person that relieves Scott West of the basketball job. Maryville High is changing drastically with all these outsiders coming in running the place making changes that are not and would not be acceptable to people my age. I've told people for the last 15 years what's going to happen up there if we don't get the bull by the horns and send some people packing. Even people that are moving here from California are shocked about how this place is being run. Let Brett Coulter tell you about the one that chewed him up and spit him out last Friday night. Far as the football team goes I've known Derek since he was a baby and he has my 100% vote of confidence. My only advice to him is to reevaluate the whole thing this coming winter and even if you possibly need to set down with GQ for thoughts on how he would handle it. Don't let others you like so well to bring you down by hanging on to them.

I completely agree with all of this. You’re 100% spot on. Forcing Coach West to resign was one of the biggest mistakes they could’ve made for both athletics and the media classes. He built the media production program from the ground up. Now it’s basically nonexistent. I agree on the football front as well. Coach Hunt is a great guy and a great football coach. But he does need to reevaluate everything this off-season. They have to get back to the roots of what Maryville football used to be a few years ago in order to get back to playing for championships. 

2 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I completely agree with all of this. You’re 100% spot on. Forcing Coach West to resign was one of the biggest mistakes they could’ve made for both athletics and the media classes. He built the media production program from the ground up. Now it’s basically nonexistent. I agree on the football front as well. Coach Hunt is a great guy and a great football coach. But he does need to reevaluate everything this off-season. They have to get back to the roots of what Maryville football used to be a few years ago in order to get back to playing for championships. 

I believe the media department is in great hands now with a RFL.