The Ridge (OR) @ McMinn County

SweetScience

Oak Ridge will be just fine. Y’all have way too many weapons to not be. On a side note saw Shazzon Bradley at the game last night. Along with last nights honoree Shazzon has ties to both MC and OR. Shazzon played at McMinn before going to play for the Vols and now lives in Oak Ridge and works at Y12. Go Big Orange beat the Gators 

a

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

Yes, they played lousy. It happens sometimes. I think it’s a bit extreme to say it negates all of the good things they’ve done up until now. 

It was extreme. That was right after the game and I was just shocked by how bad we looked. Probably not the greatest idea to get on here right after a game of that much disappointment. Of course MC had a lot to do with that, so all credit to them. #41 for them has stood out to me the past few years for them. That guy is a sideline to sideline beast of a LB, and when he hits you, you’re going down. I don’t know how they’ll end up, but they’re a physical crew, and always are.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Game went the way I was worried about going in. They chunked OR out on that long drive to score early using a huge amount of clock. OR not being able to match that score settling for a field goal set the tone. The OR offense was just off especially the passing game with bad throws and drops. All of that let the officiating become a factor in the game and while I don’t usually complain about that, it seemed the calls were going against OR especially stuff like the sideline calls. But here again the offense was off enough and add poor field position and they never could get the lead, and the clock ran out and there you go. Lots of work to do this week especially on offense. Going to be a long night in Clinton next week if it doesn’t get cleaned up.

It reminded me of the 1986 OR Halls game in that 1st quarter. MCHS scores and it's about the 2cd quarter. 

5 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

When did Rang get ejected and who took over running things? Im shocked Oak Ridge got held to 3.

I'd have to re watch the game, but, I think it was 4th quarter maybe 6 minutes left. I have no idea on the 2cd question.

On the OR scoring 3, it was "that game". Combo of good MCHS defense and OR weirdness(totally out of sync, etc)

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, GovForce1 said:

Boyfromsi would be appalled at this result. 

Well, considering I was there and saw it up close, yea.  But looking back, we just didn't make plays when we had a chance to and made critical mental errors at the worst time.  Defense played well enough to win.  Offense got outplayed and outhustled by McMinn's defense.  The sideline calls were far stricter than any I have ever experienced at being on any sideline (and i have been on a few).  Still rather bitter at that result even more so than the loss.