The Ridge (OR) @ McMinn County

SweetScience

5 minutes ago, Booger said:

McMinn Co collected a nice W against EH and their new coach....but Booger thinkin the Cherokees dont have that good of fortune this week....the other new coach goes 4-0

Thats a Booger Pickin :mrgreen:

Thanks boog, keep pickin’! Hope you get ya a nice un. Just don’t eat it like my son used to.

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Be prepared to get terrible calls all night McMinn County is notorious for bad officiating 

They can get a little dirty too, them MacMinn boys. I’ll never forget 2012, they were chop blockin’ our boys. I thought Coach Blade was gonna start knockin’ some heads.

Edited by SweetScience

Always a tough game in Athens against the always big and chunky Cherokees, back to running the Wing T from the 90s days when every team in that region ran the Wing T. OR defense needs to be ready to stop the run and keep the Kees from grinding out long drives. Main thing for OR is get a good lead early, take the "intangibles." out of the game that happen down there.

Edited by Cactus Jack

Sweet is so dang kind to everyone. Thanks this one and that one and now “we are 3-0” but go back and read the last few years and he called it like he saw it. Who has OR played thus far? Or this Friday for that matter? If OR isn’t in the semi’s for at least the next 2 years, they made a mistake. For real. Absolutely ridiculous. Enjoy tho SweetScience, probably won’t last long.

2 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

Sweet is so dang kind to everyone. Thanks this one and that one and now “we are 3-0” but go back and read the last few years and he called it like he saw it. Who has OR played thus far? Or this Friday for that matter? If OR isn’t in the semi’s for at least the next 2 years, they made a mistake. For real. Absolutely ridiculous. Enjoy tho SweetScience, probably won’t last long.

Yeah, we shall see. Will probably be going 6A in the next few years. Not looking forward to it lol. 

At the beginning of tomorrow nights game they will be honoring Mr Vant Hardaway. He is a 1967 graduate of McMinn County high school and holds degrees from Tennessee Wesleyan Univ.,  the Univ of Tennessee, UTC and Tennessee Tech. He retired after 38 years as a coach, teacher and administrator in the McMinn County school system. He also spent 7 of those years as a teacher and football coach for Oak Ridge high school. Someone who definitely gave a lot to both McMinn and Oak Ridge and deserves the recognition 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MCKees said:

At the beginning of tomorrow nights game they will be honoring Mr Vant Hardaway. He is a 1967 graduate of McMinn County high school and holds degrees from Tennessee Wesleyan Univ.,  the Univ of Tennessee, UTC and Tennessee Tech. He retired after 38 years as a coach, teacher and administrator in the McMinn County school system. He also spent 7 of those years as a teacher and football coach for Oak Ridge high school. Someone who definitely gave a lot to both McMinn and Oak Ridge and deserves the recognition 

That is Awesome!!!

On 9/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, SweetScience said:

They can get a little dirty too, them MacMinn boys. I’ll never forget 2012, they were chop blockin’ our boys. I thought Coach Blade was gonna start knockin’ some heads.

OR guy talking about chop blocking. Coach Lussier taught his LBs and DEs to take the legs out of any O lineman coming to kick them out or any FB to iso block them. That is a penalty also almost never called. I don't know if Coach Minor at HVA was taught that by Coach Lussier but he has tought his LBs/DEs to do the same things to Linemen/FB. I guess you get back what you give.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

OR guy talking about chop blocking. Coach Lussier taught his LBs and DEs to take the legs out of any O lineman coming to kick them out or any FB to iso block them. That is a penalty also almost never called. I don't know if Coach Minor at HVA was taught that by Coach Lussier but he has tought his LBs/DEs to do the same things to Linemen/FB. I guess you get back what you give.

I played for Coach Lussier when he was DC @ OR, and he never taught me that, nor did I ever hear him teach anybody that. *shrugs* Bruce was/is a class act.

Edited by SweetScience