Oneida vs Polk

MoonMan57

48 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think them Kee's have improved also. Should be a fun game next week.

We should never get beat by the Oakdales,SB,jellicos,Unakas!We have a talented team this year and last.We have just been crippled with the Coaching hires.A coach like Ryan would have had CF on their heels this year.We still have Greenback kids that were brought up winners through the youth league and I will take the kids ANY DAY!We may end up being I tough out the first 3 rounds if we can get healthy and improve week to week.

3 hours ago, crow said:

I agree it’s not a gold ball but we’re not acting like we’re a contender so I’ll take it. I also agree Polk’s not top of the classification but we did beat a team that in Thursday you thought was 2 TDs better than us and you saw  Polk taking over the second half. Well wrong on both fronts. Nobody here is acting like beating Polk makes us the best thing going, I understand it irritates you when Oneida wins but no need to be “that guy”. 

I’m not irritated at all that Oneida won. And I have no problem admitting my prediction was wrong but I didn’t see the well coached Polk team that so many talked about. My prediction was solely based on scoreboard watching and everyone saying how well coached and physical they were. I was just disappointed in what I saw. I think Polk finishes 3-7 at best. I apologize if you took offense to my post but it was meant actually to just point out my surprise at how bad Polk was. They run about as vanilla as an offense and defense that you can. And that’s fine if you have a couple of elite players. But they didn’t have any. I was told a few weeks back by a Walker Valley father that they were slow and “athletically challenged”. I assumed that was because WV is a larger school, so I kinda disregarded that. But honestly that’s about what I saw on Friday. And I didn’t see the good coaching. Actually quite the opposite.  That coach is going to cry when he watches that game this morning. Already too long of a post but my original post was 100% towards Polk. Definitely a big important win for Oneida though. They lose that game and they may not be playing in November. 

9 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I’m not irritated at all that Oneida won. And I have no problem admitting my prediction was wrong but I didn’t see the well coached Polk team that so many talked about. My prediction was solely based on scoreboard watching and everyone saying how well coached and physical they were. I was just disappointed in what I saw. I think Polk finishes 3-7 at best. I apologize if you took offense to my post but it was meant actually to just point out my surprise at how bad Polk was. They run about as vanilla as an offense and defense that you can. And that’s fine if you have a couple of elite players. But they didn’t have any. I was told a few weeks back by a Walker Valley father that they were slow and “athletically challenged”. I assumed that was because WV is a larger school, so I kinda disregarded that. But honestly that’s about what I saw on Friday. And I didn’t see the good coaching. Actually quite the opposite.  That coach is going to cry when he watches that game this morning. Already too long of a post but my original post was 100% towards Polk. Definitely a big important win for Oneida though. They lose that game and they may not be playing in November. 

Not offended by your post, been here way to long for that. I know it wasn’t a clash of world beaters last night but if we played that game 12 months ago we don’t win it under those circumstance. I think we would imploded and lost my multiple scores. This group of young guys have a little grit to them, just gotta get more fundamentally sound. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

We should never get beat by the Oakdales,SB,jellicos,Unakas!We have a talented team this year and last.We have just been crippled with the Coaching hires.A coach like Ryan would have had CF on their heels this year.We still have Greenback kids that were brought up winners through the youth league and I will take the kids ANY DAY!We may end up being I tough out the first 3 rounds if we can get healthy and improve week to week.

R1 is really weak.  Round 3 could be a reality and you have a fighters chance in that one 

Edited by THE KING

56 minutes ago, crow said:

Not offended by your post, been here way to long for that. I know it wasn’t a clash of world beaters last night but if we played that game 12 months ago we don’t win it under those circumstance. I think we would imploded and lost my multiple scores. This group of young guys have a little grit to them, just gotta get more fundamentally sound. 

I agree. Although it seemed like last years schedule was harder. Now the second half of the year could change that though. York and Bledsoe are good. Kings Academy hasn’t won a game yet but maybe they are just playing better competition due to being private. But I’m not sure Oneida has beat a team that will finish better than 3-7. Still early though. I was impressed with their coaching in the final quarter.

10 hours ago, rikflair said:

Whoooooo!!!!!!  Don't know about your TV but mine said oneida 21 polk county 17.whoooooooo!!! Looks like we got some men baby! Whoooooo!!! Looks like the so called middle school linebacker made some high school big boy plays whooooo.  They may be young but they got fight!!!! So don't be hatin and don't be doubtin cause the nature boy will leave you poutin WHOOOOOO!!!!! 

TO BE THE MAN......YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!

The stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun.,,,,Nice to see you Mr. Flair

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I agree. Although it seemed like last years schedule was harder. Now the second half of the year could change that though. York and Bledsoe are good. Kings Academy hasn’t won a game yet but maybe they are just playing better competition due to being private. But I’m not sure Oneida has beat a team that will finish better than 3-7. Still early though. I was impressed with their coaching in the final quarter.

I was more talking about this teams apparent resilience and some really good leadership emerging from some young guys more than anything else. Fundamentally we’re not very good in a lot of places but there’s a good amount of talent and fight in this bunch. I’ll take that any day. I understand getting beat by better or more talented teams. That’s what is supposed to happen. I can’t tolerate quitters or laziness. This group doesn’t appear to be either of those. I respect that, if you go all in and your best wasn’t as good as their best then the wins and losses are what they are. 

Edited for correction 

Edited by crow

9 minutes ago, crow said:

I was more talking about this teams apparent resilience and some really good leadership emerging from some young guys more than anything else. Fundamentally we’re not very good in a lot of places but there’s a good amount of talent and fight in this bunch. I’ll take that any day. I don’t understand getting beat by better or more talented teams. That’s what is supposed to happen. I can’t tolerate quitters or laziness. This group doesn’t appear to be either of those. I respect that, if you go all in and your best wasn’t as good as their best then the wins and losses are what they are. 

I agree 100%

1 hour ago, Tench said:

Going off topic, Tellico Plains will be worst team in region until they change coaches. They didn’t let anyone else besides starters play the whole game, how’s that encouraging for a team to not let your underclass have any hope when you don’t let them get reps 

Probably why they are usually 2-8. So many bad coaches at the small school level. They are a unicorn. And the product Friday night resembles it unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Probably why they are usually 2-8. So many bad coaches at the small school level. They are a unicorn. And the product Friday night resembles it unfortunately. 

They had good size and if qb had some confidence coached into him they can turn that team around but they just gave up