Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

I agree 100% but you remember back in those days most coaches would start a Junior or Senior over a younger player. Most players had to wait their turn. Things sure have changed over the years. I see Freshmen starting these days especially if they are more talented than the older kids 

Still though Jrs played at times. With that talent that is crazy.

33 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Powell does have a better OL than OR but OR has a way better RB in 22. A good RB can make an average OL look better than they are. Clinton's DL is average as well. To me the difference will be how much is OR forced to throw and how much does Clinton run the ball with 8.

Way better RB? That’s stretching it. Wheeler is a he$$ of a RB for Powell. Can’t go wrong with either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Way better RB? That’s stretching it. Wheeler is a he$$ of a RB for Powell. Can’t go wrong with either. 

I was about to say the same thing SS but you beat me to it!  Both Dozier and Wheeler are both great backs and wouldn't say one is way better than the other

19 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Wheeler is good no doubt, but 22 for OR is a stud. His first cut and vision is way better. Switch OLs and you would be able to tell Wheeler is just good, and Dozier is great. 

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I guarantee it has happened before and will continue to happen. I myself would consider that breaking the rules or cheating....but maybe I hold myself to a higher standard than most and am completely wrong.

I just don't understand the point in the suspension if a coach is allowed to do that.

A suspended coach I doubt is allowed inside the stadium and should not be. With technology, except for motivating speeches, I don't see the problem. He can watch the game on a lap top in the school bus and stay on the phone and still call plays.

On 9/20/2023 at 12:27 PM, SweetScience said:

He may have spent a lot of time there growing up, but from my understanding he was an OR kid originally. Whitt is a pretty prominent name in the black community in OR, I went to school with 3 or 4. Demaurea Whitt, who played for Clinton a few years ago was another Whitt from OR.

I'm almost positive Scott's biological father is Johnny Golden of OR.  

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

What I'm saying is a coach that has been suspended for a game of course can't be in the stadium but I'm sure  have tried to be involved by calling a member of the coaching staff and trying to coach over the phone. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if that has happen or still happens 

I'm saying I wouldn't do that myself. I feel like that is trying to bend or break the rules. I would just serve my suspension and the wife and I would have a Friday date night. Lol

Hard to do when a radio and streaming broadcast has a delay before it ever gets over the air.  The play has already happened before he could hear/see it.  

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Really surprised.  

That's all I will say.  

If you listened to Coach Rang last night, it makes some sense. I'm surprised too, but not because I'm a Gaddis hater like you. It's just nothing I would've ever thought about. It does give you a sense that Rang is very secure about his position. I'm impressed with that. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Whs1984 said:

I would bet that rang will serve his suspension and not be on the phone trying to call in plays it's not worth the trouble it will bring if he's caught and tbh when has Coach Gaddis listened to anyone else lol

Maybe he has never listened to anyone before now, but in this case, he listened to Rang. I guess there's a first time for everything