Oak Ridge vs Clinton

92Dragon

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Bro, they scored 2 offensive touchdowns. Our DL played dang good. Have you seen how many points Clinton has put up this year. They scored 12 points on offense. That’s pretty impressive. Not sure where you’re coming from with that comment.

No sweet I actually missed most of 1st half. So I literally am shooting from the hip... Lol. If the young OR QB gets better and he will OR will go deep in playoffs. I just didn't see the DL containment of the QB as I assumed would happen I was actually disappointed and possible concerned for AC. Now I only said possibly lol

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No sweet I actually missed most of 1st half. So I literally am shooting from the hip... Lol. If the young OR QB gets better and he will OR will go deep in playoffs. I just didn't see the DL containment of the QB as I assumed would happen I was actually disappointed and possible concerned for AC. Now I only said possibly lol

He (Keith) is extremely hard to contain my man. There’s really no containing him. We had 3 sacks. Can’t ask for much more.

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

He (Keith) is extremely hard to contain my man. There’s really no containing him. We had 3 sacks. Can’t ask for much more.

Well I am still upset it wasn't 35-14 what I predicted. Because that would have made me feel more comfortable next week. Lol. It actually could have been too. So we will see if AC contains Keith. Again this style of offence with Clinton is good and IMO alot like Pearl Cohen so the Mavs better be ready. I am definitely not predicting. 

3 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

We've faced that kid 4 times and he has always given OR fits. He's just so darn quick. If we blitz we miss and then an open pass is there, if we don't he's a pretty good pure QB. OR's DL played fairly well, CHS couldn't run well at all and we sorta contained Keith(sorta). 

I'm an OR guy so it was frustrating to watch. First play, we fumble and CHS goes about 65 yards TD! Tons of holding penalties, then seconds left in the half OR is up I think 17-12 and we get a 90 yard pick six against us! Pretty stupid play there.

It was a good game because both teams were hitting hard. CHS has a whole lot of athletic talent. OR does, too. 

I talked to Joe after the game and he was thrilled going out on a win.

3 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I am still upset it wasn't 35-14 what I predicted. Because that would have made me feel more comfortable next week. Lol. It actually could have been too. So we will see if AC contains Keith. Again this style of offence with Clinton is good and IMO alot like Pearl Cohen so the Mavs better be ready. I am definitely not predicting. 

IF CHS doesn't get the pick 6 and the fumble run back for a TD, it would have been 34 - 12. That's pretty darn good guessing of you, IMO. I guessed 24-21 OR.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

We've faced that kid 4 times and he has always given OR fits. He's just so darn quick. If we blitz we miss and then an open pass is there, if we don't he's a pretty good pure QB. OR's DL played fairly well, CHS couldn't run well at all and we sorta contained Keith(sorta). 

I'm an OR guy so it was frustrating to watch. First play, we fumble and CHS goes about 65 yards TD! Tons of holding penalties, then seconds left in the half OR is up I think 17-12 and we get a 90 yard pick six against us! Pretty stupid play there.

It was a good game because both teams were hitting hard. CHS has a whole lot of athletic talent. OR does, too. 

I talked to Joe after the game and he was thrilled going out on a win.

I’m really proud of our team, they fought through a lot of adversity in that first half and pretty much controlled the game in the 2nd half. They are a resilient bunch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

IF CHS doesn't get the pick 6 and the fumble run back for a TD, it would have been 34 - 12. That's pretty darn good guessing of you, IMO. I guessed 24-21 OR.

Yeah there definitely was a lot I missed 1st half. Giving Clinton credit they have been building that OL around Keith for while I believe so for that part they do have jump on probably most team, Except just IMO West obviously. Keith reads his OL weakness each play then plays off the weakness run pass play option I believe. It takes some good work for Lambert defence coach and Chadwell this week we will see.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

OR was the vastly superior team. The offense gave up two scores and the defense defended Keith much better in the second half. The OR kicker was huge and Dozier is a MAN!!!! Gaddis looks like he has plenty of energy for his age! Maybe he'll go out and find another coaching job!  LOL

Coach G is always 100 Mph, even as the AD, he still has that coaching instinct and is pacing the sidelines. Hard to get out of your system after 40 some odd years of coaching. I seriously don’t think he would’ve been able to live with himself if we lost tonight, so I’m happy for him and his heart lol.

• Upvote 1