Loretto is back!!!

Pizzpatriot2

I was at the Waverly Loretto game. As i said in a previous thread, both teams are decent but not great. Waverly has struggles with containment and coverage. Loretta has a decent running game and a decent Defense. Just my opinion but after what ive seen from the west and middle Tennessee, Loretto will not be able to hang with the top 3 out of the west. Have a good week.

35 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

I was at the Waverly Loretto game. As i said in a previous thread, both teams are decent but not great. Waverly has struggles with containment and coverage. Loretta has a decent running game and a decent Defense. Just my opinion but after what ive seen from the west and middle Tennessee, Loretto will not be able to hang with the top 3 out of the west. Have a good week.

For some, I think, the demand lies with a good W/L season record and a regional championship. Not much for successful runs in the playoffs, as an important measure for success. 

Then, there are some who bounce between classifications shying away from competition to try and find the easiest route through the playoffs.

2 hours ago, SPFootball1 said:

The Waverly fans said that Loretto wasn't very good.  I can quote those comments if you'd like me to do so.  I don't know how Loretto was able to somehow win the game against such a team.  

8 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

The Waverly fans said that Loretto wasn't very good.  I can quote those comments if you'd like me to do so.  I don't know how Loretto was able to somehow win the game against such a team.  

I'm just plainly stating what i have observed. I don't have a dog in the race. I could care less about what Waverly says or anyone else for that matter. Just basically quoting what I've personally observed.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:19 PM, howdoitknow said:

They are lucky to have won a game this year.  We have covered this already.  Somehow the bus managed to get them to the game safely even against the wishes of their coaches who expected to lose the entire time.  

@howdoitknow must have a new boyfriend from Loretto since he has obviously jumped on the band wagon of paper champions. Lewis held that title for decades. Undefeated in regular season and out by 2nd round of playoffs 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

@howdoitknow must have a new boyfriend from Loretto since he has obviously jumped on the band wagon of paper champions. Lewis held that title for decades. Undefeated in regular season and out by 2nd round of playoffs 

Last year was an anomaly, for sure. I wonder if they go back to tradition and exit after round two. Wonder if they even make it to round two. According to some on here, R6 is so advanced, they can put all of the R5 teams out in the first round.

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

You can't debate without resorting to homophobic slurs or name calling can you?  Does it make you feel better about yourself?  Just admit that you were defeated by a better team and move on with your life without trying to degrade that opponent for their triumphs.  

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

Even if Loretto is eliminated in the second round they are just now getting it turned around to winning so I would expect them to continue to be in the mix for the next several years.

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

2022 3rd round defeated by the runner ups. Wavo. Out in the 2nd

Edited by ddaddy

11 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

To be fair we was defeated by the runner ups also. About won that game to add.

I think Lewis is going to put a good one is this Friday. That hasn’t happened for while. 

Yeah, we had our chances also, we and won during regular season. Waverly and Lewis have a long History, first playing in 1926. They have played 41 times with 27-12-2 LC edge. Waverly has won the last 2 meetings by a combined score of 69-28 and Lewis won the previous 2 with a combined score of 92-41. I realized that all means nothing this Friday and this game should be a great one. 

• Upvote 1