Westview travels to Ripley

Primetime1

13 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

It will be over by halftime. The View has it figured out now. Next week decides Region Champ. Covington way down this year. Plus historically after the first 6 weeks grades comes out Covington is usually in trouble any way!

I love the confidence of you Westview fans, but it's time to pipe down a little bit. Starting Friday in Ripley, your gauntlet begins. Ripley, Dyersburg, & Covington will prove how good of a group yall got over there in Weakley County. But the athletes are a little different on this end of Hwy 51 compared to what you've played so far. Ty Simpson and Quincy Hamilton are no longer there! #1 is a great player that has a bright future ahead of him, but let's see how he matches up with the other top athletes in this region, because he's proven nothing at this point. 

As far as this game goes, if the Westview players and coaching staff are anything like their fans, they will be headed back up Hwy 51 with their tails tucked between their legs. The last two meetings were fairly close. In 2021 it was a close score at halftime and then Ty Simpson took over. In 2022, Westview won by 2 TD's and Quincy Hamilton took over and pulled that one out. Ripley's youth that took their lumps over the past two years are juniors and seniors now and have looked very dangerous at times this year. Overall, Ripley has more athletes and more experience than Westview. You don't know their names yet, but everyone doesn't get good media coverage across the state. Third times a charm, Ripley wins this game, no need to predict a score! Good luck next week in Dyersburg, I hope its everything you hoped for! :thumb:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

It was a running clock in second quarter, all starters were out at half. Never tried to score second half. They won't be able to stop Donteze. He is a sophomore and already getting looks from SEC schools

I can definitely see this being one of the most athletic secondaries and defenses Westview has seen and will see for the year. It will be an interesting matchup for #1 from Westview. Is the the big # 41 RB back for Ripley? He was a load the last couple years. 

1 hour ago, Allthetalk said:

I can definitely see this being one of the most athletic secondaries and defenses Westview has seen and will see for the year. It will be an interesting matchup for #1 from Westview. Is the the big # 41 RB back for Ripley? He was a load the last couple years. 

He’s still there and is a load to bring down. Mainly played on D the best I remember though 

2 hours ago, Dp81 said:

Not sure who will win this game but i can't see a running clock. Ripley will have better athletes and team speed than Obion, and Obion beat Westview. 

Don't really care who wins this game but if i had to pick, I'll take Ripley but 2 TD's. 

We lost to Obion because we had 5 turnovers inside the 20. They only had 115 yards of offense. Same thing in Dresden game 2 turnovers inside the 15. If not for those turnovers we would be 5-0

7 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

We lost to Obion because we had 5 turnovers inside the 20. They only had 115 yards of offense. Same thing in Dresden game 2 turnovers inside the 15. If not for those turnovers we would be 5-0

5 turnovers in 1 game? 2 in another? Every game , every team has "ifs". I will say again, i do not know who will win this game but Ripley has better athletes and team speed than OC and Dresden. and if Westview still has turnover issues, then i definitely will take Ripley over Westview. Either way, i wish the best to both teams. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

It will be over by halftime. The View has it figured out now. Next week decides Region Champ. Covington way down this year. Plus historically after the first 6 weeks grades comes out Covington is usually in trouble any way!

Well, I suggest that you check your history vs. Covington. Covington is 8-3 all time vs. Westview. In the last 4 meetings, here are the scores:

2020 Covington 48 Westview 0

2019 Covington 53 Westview 7

2018 Covington 45 Westview 6

2017 Covington 45 Westview 0

And, the last two games, y’all had Ty Simpson at QB. That 2020 game was played at your home stadium. 

Y’all have to come to Covington this year. We will see if Covington is way down when y’all get there. But, I advise you not to look past the teams on your schedule before that.

• Upvote 2

Someone mentioned Ripley having a running big running back that is physical? The answer to that is yes, they do. However, I don't know what number that player is, so I cannot say he is #41.

When it comes to the game, I doubt this game is a running clock. However, let's make one thing clear, saying that a team put a running clock on Liberty is nothing to be happy about. It's pretty standard for the Exit 85 boys, since the start of the 2020 season, every team (other than 3) has defeated Liberty by 30 or more. 

When it comes to this game, I do like Ripley's athletes in this game. I don't know if I'll take them to win because they need to do a better job of finishing (Bolivar game) and putting points in the end zone. I do like Ripley if they score 30-35 in this game. Sorry Westview fans, but there's one thing I've learned recently, and that is a lot of fans in the northern part of West Tennessee that support their teams, will overhype their teams like crazy.

3 hours ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

Starting Friday in Ripley, your gauntlet begins. Ripley, Dyersburg, & Covington will prove how good of a group yall got over there in Weakley County. #1 is a great player that has a bright future ahead of him, but let's see how he matches up with the other top athletes in this region, because he's proven nothing at this point. 

You can see the athleticism right away, but against us he was the second best receiver in their lineup. He stood out returning kicks, but not as a wideout...dropped multiple passes that he got his hands on, and didn't really look like a DI type recruit. In his defense, everyone has their days good and bad.