Mt. Pleasant @ Lewis Co

TheWolf

Last year, Hohenwald had a new coach and only lost to (actual) power house Fayetteville during the regular season. However, they actually beat the only one, good/above average team (Riverside) on their regular season schedule last year (Fayetteville really doesn't count for this argument as they were a legit power house). 

That Hohenwald coach is now gone and, Hohenwald played a good/above average team and was beaten by them last week. Is Hohenwald back to their traditional play against a weak schedule and go 50/50 against the only decent game/team on the schedule? Again, they were beaten last week by a good/above average Loretto team. Now, here is an interesting point. The new coach was an assistant coach under the long term coach and actually played in the system of weak schedules. Is that the difference between last years Hohenwald team versus this years one loss team and the 9-1, 8-2 and/or 10-0 early playoff round bounces?

Personally, I am not certain but, I will surmise this; if Mt. Pleasant does beat Hohenwald then we will know two things: (1) Mt. Pleasant is actually a good to above average team or (2) Hohenwald is back to the status quo of inflated W/L records and early playoff exits. 

If Hohenwald wins against Mt. Pleasant then we will know one of two things. Either Mt. Pleasant is not very good or that Loretto is actually BACK!

Because of Mt. Pleasant being undefeated thus far this year and another poster saying they have several back coupled with Hohenwald losing to Loretto, I'm willing to bet the safe money will be on Mt. Pleasant, for this game.

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Last year, Hohenwald had a new coach and only lost to (actual) power house Fayetteville during the regular season. However, they actually beat the only one, good/above average team (Riverside) on their regular season schedule last year (Fayetteville really doesn't count for this argument as they were a legit power house). 

That Hohenwald coach is now gone and, Hohenwald played a good/above average team and was beaten by them last week. Is Hohenwald back to their traditional play against a weak schedule and go 50/50 against the only decent game/team on the schedule? Again, they were beaten last week by a good/above average Loretto team. Now, here is an interesting point. The new coach was an assistant coach under the long term coach and actually played in the system of weak schedules. Is that the difference between last years Hohenwald team versus this years one loss team and the 9-1, 8-2 and/or 10-0 early playoff round bounces?

Personally, I am not certain but, I will surmise this; if Mt. Pleasant does beat Hohenwald then we will know two things: (1) Mt. Pleasant is actually a good to above average team or (2) Hohenwald is back to the status quo of inflated W/L records and early playoff exits. 

If Hohenwald wins against Mt. Pleasant then we will know one of two things. Either Mt. Pleasant is not very good or that Loretto is actually BACK!

Because of Mt. Pleasant being undefeated thus far this year and another poster saying they have several back coupled with Hohenwald losing to Loretto, I'm willing to bet the safe money will be on Mt. Pleasant, for this game.

I AM FLABBERGASTED!!!

An actual post containing a solid and cohesive train of thought regarding a high school football game (including LC no less!!!).

Congratulations... and I am serious! I'll even admit that I see things exactly as you do on the subject (without including the inflated part).

I don't know how much MTP lost, but they have had real talent for the last two seasons and played a good physical brand of football...jury is still out about how much better Loretto is, or if LC has slipped from the team that beat Riverside last year, but I agree with Pizzpatriot2 (:shock:) that this game will clear up some questions about LC, MTP, and Loretto.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I AM FLABBERGASTED!!!

An actual post containing a solid and cohesive train of thought regarding a high school football game (including LC no less!!!).

Congratulations... and I am serious! I'll even admit that I see things exactly as you do on the subject (without including the inflated part).

I don't know how much MTP lost, but they have had real talent for the last two seasons and played a good physical brand of football...jury is still out about how much better Loretto is, or if LC has slipped from the team that beat Riverside last year, but I agree with Pizzpatriot2 (:shock:) that this game will clear up some questions about LC, MTP, and Loretto.

Oh now, @tradertwoyou know I do possess some football acumen. But, if I can, I will throw that jab in there, however slight, if I can.

I'm still not sure if my point was fully understood in the above post but, this is what makes football so interesting and why it is played from the high school to college level. So, for the next two days and one hour and fifteen minutes, as it relates to this game, is Loretto that good or, is Hohenwald (Back) to the Hohenwald ways of the past 30 years?

If Hohenwald wins Friday, Loretto is top dog and quite possibly legit (at least for this year) but, if Hohenwald loses, it doesn't really speak well for the new coaching regime. However, until the season plays out, we won't really know about Loretto. 

I do have a question though; since neither Riverside nor Chapel Hill is on their schedule (especially region schedule) will Loretto be scooted on over to a region further West, especially if they are dominant the rest of the season? Now, another hypothesis, if you will indulged me; if Chapel Hill doesn't improve (General has been awfully hard on the coach and results the past several years) will they be placed back into the same region as Hohenwald? I'm pretty sure we will not see Riverside on their schedule including region for the foreseeable future!

Post Script: Two trips to the 'ship back to back!

Edited by Pizzpatriot2