Battle of Champions - Alcoa at West

WestHigh4Life

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup, they have started slow the last couple of games? Looking back at the scrimmages with McCallie ,Bradley Central and first game with Ravenwood we have not looked as good on offense since? If the team that played BC shows up at West.....the Rebels are in trouble. That offense was a machine!

I wish you all the best of luck.  I'm still going with West though hahaha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Been going back and forth on this one all week.

Alcoa will be out for revenge after losing last years game plus they have playmakers at the skill positions that provide favorable matchups against the West defense (see Farragut game - as their guys are talented but not at Alcoa's level). 

For West - theyre getting better and growing up every week and its awesome to see. Last week they cut back on the turnovers some but theyll need to be flawless on Friday and not give up the big plays on defense as well as control the LOS on both sides of the ball. 

As for the refs - they need to just call the game and let the players and coaches decide it on the field.

That all being said - im picking West to get it done as the underdog in this one and upsetting all the haters. If im wrong, im wrong but im going....

West 27 Alcoa 24.

Go Rebels!

There you go WHFL.  I like the Rebs in this one!   3300 is a tough place to get a win.  It's gonna be packed. 

Go Rebs!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

The F5 Tornadoes are ready! Tornado GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER  get it done! :thumb:

Tennessee High School Football: West vs. Alcoa football game

The fight is On!

I watched on tv last year, and wasn't there a ridiculous refereeing call toward the end of the game to get you close to the endzone?  I remember packer going on and on about it...  Refs playing for y'all this year too?

There was a late hit call for Alcoa real late in the game if I remember correct. West still won obviously. I think Alcoa wins this one. Both teams have played Bearden(AE/SD/Fulton/Gallatin) and won and I know the transitive property is not applicable to football. Both were close games that went down to the wire. Normally you would say West will out depth Alcoa being 5A v 3A but we all know that Alcoa is not your typical 3A school. West is more battle tested for sure at this point in the year. I'm going Alcoa by a score of 21-17. 

• Like 1