South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

5 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Lol I'm not Boyd Buchanan fan, I was just saying it would be more fun to watch south pittsburg  to play someone of that caliber, seems like pirates fans took offense at what I said when I complimented the team and said yall would win Friday. I understand yall have to play region games regardless but I'd like to see sp play up in 2a or play tougher out of region opponents because I like the team as an outsider,but its hard to get excited when they play teams they dominate, wasn't meant to be an insult.

Old Pirate says ain’t no need to be offended, jest HEEP ain’t fan of Fueding with privates.

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I don't care who we schedule. 

Just win Baby.

I think we've done pretty good for ourselves stepping up in class and even stepping outta State.    Dade GA,  Bell Co KY,  Murphy NC,  NJ AL.  

Privates: Boyd, CCS, GCA, LA, GP, CA, plus all the  alphabet soups in the playoffs.  Got MTCS this year and next.

Chatt: Tyner, Central, Hixson, Red Bank, Meigs.

Regulars: Sequatchie County,  Jasper.

I like the fact we have Franklin County on the schedule.   That's a good game to keep. It's better than Grundy or Bledsoe in my opinion.  

We're doing alright I think.

Go Pirates!!

Yeeeep!

I'm just happy this game is finally happening (have been asking for years. I had much rather see us play SP than the 4A / 5A schools we were scheduling at one time, who did not travel well.

This game is an opportunity for iron to sharpen iron, while not having an impact on getting to Chattanooga.

It's easy travel for both schools, just a little over an hour. Both schools will benefit from strong gates.

We have a solid team, but we have never had numbers. We will dress ~30 boys Friday night. We don't recruit or have a bunch of transfers for sports. The majority of seniors on this team have played together since elementary school. Most of our kids play both ways.

I look for a great game, pray there are no injuries, and hope the zebras don't screw it up for either team.

GO COUGARS!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I'm just happy this game is finally happening (have been asking for years. I had much rather see us play SP than the 4A / 5A schools we were scheduling at one time, who did not travel well.

This game is an opportunity for iron to sharpen iron, while not having an impact on getting to Chattanooga.

It's easy travel for both schools, just a little over an hour. Both schools will benefit from strong gates.

We have a solid team, but we have never had numbers. We will dress ~30 boys Friday night. We don't recruit or have a bunch of transfers for sports. The majority of seniors on this team have played together since elementary school. Most of our kids play both ways.

I look for a great game, pray there are no injuries, and hope the zebras don't screw it up for either team.

GO COUGARS!!

I'm looking forward to it as well.  A quality opponent. 

Reading your messages over the years, I know you are excited.  You've been wanting to play us, or at least someone from this area for a while now.  

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I'm looking forward to it as well.  A quality opponent. 

Reading your messages over the years, I know you are excited.  You've been wanting to play us, or at least someone from this area for a while now.  

It's an excuse to come home. You can move and travel all over the world, but that valley has a special hold on folks. I have been coming to the Beene for 50+ years off and on. The 1st HS game I ever attended was there with I was a tyke. Attending RHMS through 4th grade before coming back across the line helped cement (Penn Dixie pun) my position.

I'll be at Stevarino's by 5:00 I hope and down to the speedway by 6. Hope to catch some of you in person.

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

GO COUGARS!!

I saw some highlights online. You boys are good. The team looks like they have played together for a long time. 

4 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

It's an excuse to come home. You can move and travel all over the world, but that valley has a special hold on folks. I have been coming to the Beene for 50+ years off and on. The 1st HS game I ever attended was there with I was a tyke. Attending RHMS through 4th grade before coming back across the line helped cement (Penn Dixie pun) my position.

I'll be at Stevarino's by 5:00 I hope and down to the speedway by 6. Hope to catch some of you in person.

This whole time I've thought you were a Powell panther  from up in knox county lol