South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

52 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

North Jackson must not be good to be getting beat 62-0 by a 1a school doesn't matter how you good you are at that size a 4a school losing that badly they aren't good, Franklin county is awful they lost to east Hamilton,  and sequatchie County is  decent  it's not super hard to be ranked 7 in 3a. Pretty much anything below the 5 point usually are more mediocre teams, bigger doesn't always mean better.  I was just saying teams I'd like to see south pittsburg  matchup with in the future. I know north jackson is usually better, just felt like maybe people would be interested in seeing sp play new teams that are more their speed again that's a compliment to the team.

Tried to schedule a power house school from west TN but they declined.  Franklin Co 5a, Sequatchie co 3a, North Jackson 4a, MTCS #1 ranked team in DII A, Oliver springs was supposed to have a decent team this year and it could've gave us a decent comparison or even potentially meet them in the semis.  What hurts is we have one of the weakest regions in the state.  I do agree and hope we do schedule even tougher opponents but there is a fine line. The Oakland type teams don't benefit us anymore than lookout valley. I am all for playing the best but you also want the kids to learn and progress as a team.  

Edited by oneyewilly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Tried to schedule a power house school from west TN but they declined.  Franklin Co 5a, Sequatchie co 3a, North Jackson 4a, MTCS #1 ranked team in DII A, Oliver springs was supposed to have a decent team this year and it could gives us a decent comparison or even potentially meet them in the semis.  What hurts is we have one of the weakest regions in the state.  I do agree and hope we do schedule even tougher opponents but there is a fine line. The Oakland type teams don't benefit us anymore than lookout valley. I am all for playing the best but you also want the kids to learn and progress as a team.  

That I 100% agree with 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Boyd Bucs, LOPAO! Old Pirate says Boyd ran from playing SP until the TSSAA made them play in the same region/district or whatever. Boyd quit playing SP voluntarily with The Captain @ the wheel and reportedly stating fear they couldn’t compete, Bless Their Hearts, didn’t the Bucs get like 20 transfers or something?  Now theys feeling a little chirpy & obviously would love to bring themselves attention, until they voluntarily stop playing again. Old Pirate says let the Circle Fly schools play with themselves & each other! BTW, this upcoming matchup is jest a fued, except fer the fly repellent needed and unimportant to each team’s playoffs aspirations. OP jest don’t care fer any of the privates. OP personally like the FC being on the schedule because that should provide a good physical matchup, add Dade, then hopeful a TC vs SP Fueding revival, all programs would benefit. 

Commenting to say I skip over your gibberish on this here website.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Because your head coach at the time reached out to make it happen. Lots of consistently good schools are always needing opponents, just if your HC wants to try and schedule them or not. 

Vic had plenty of chances to schedule Alcoa, but you seen the option he chose. 

Lots of HCs do this. They would rather pad their record than give their team a chance to maximize their potential against good to great competition. Any time you hear someone say "it's a meaningless game or that's dumb why take a chance on any of our players getting hurt" that's code for "We are scared" 

Why you have a small point about teams needing to challenge themself. It’s hard for 1a and 2a teams to schedule multiple tough  non region opponents due to lack of depth. If you look at Alabama and Georgia 1a/2a you very seldom see many teams scheduling stupid games. Fyffe Alabama is a prime example. Can you imagine how stupid it would look if Fyffe scheduled Hoover Alabama? 

SP has had 1 team in school history that could complete not win compete with Alcoa and that was 07. Alcoa would simply beat every pirate team by 35+ points any given night. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Tried to schedule a power house school from west TN but they declined.  Franklin Co 5a, Sequatchie co 3a, North Jackson 4a, MTCS #1 ranked team in DII A, Oliver springs was supposed to have a decent team this year and it could've gave us a decent comparison or even potentially meet them in the semis.  What hurts is we have one of the weakest regions in the state.  I do agree and hope we do schedule even tougher opponents but there is a fine line. The Oakland type teams don't benefit us anymore than lookout valley. I am all for playing the best but you also want the kids to learn and progress as a team.  

I would schedule no private school teams in any sport. 

On 9/23/2023 at 10:59 AM, BigCornbread said:

We have young guyz chomping at da bit dat  are capable of making doze playz patna. #6 can make those interceptions dat have been dropped at da Safety position. 

6 and 2 gotta be da 2 safeties if you aks me 

6 looks the part fo sure   He should be special in the years to come 

3 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Lol I'm not Boyd Buchanan fan, I was just saying it would be more fun to watch south pittsburg  to play someone of that caliber, seems like pirates fans took offense at what I said when I complimented the team and said yall would win Friday. I understand yall have to play region games regardless but I'd like to see sp play up in 2a or play tougher out of region opponents because I like the team as an outsider,but its hard to get excited when they play teams they dominate, wasn't meant to be an insult.

I don’t think SP should move up to 2A. They only won 6 gold balls in their history. They have lost more often than not. I enjoyed the Franklin County game. I think it was a good challenge. This MTCS game coming up will be a great challenge as well. I heard SP tried to schedule Peabody and some others. As for NJ.. That program won’t stay down long. That is a good game to keep on the schedule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

North Jackson must not be good to be getting beat 62-0 by a 1a school doesn't matter how you good you are at that size a 4a school losing that badly they aren't good, Franklin county is awful they lost to east Hamilton,  and sequatchie County is  decent  it's not super hard to be ranked 7 in 3a. Pretty much anything below the 5 point usually are more mediocre teams, bigger doesn't always mean better.  I was just saying teams I'd like to see south pittsburg  matchup with in the future. I know north jackson is usually better, just felt like maybe people would be interested in seeing sp play new teams that are more their speed again that's a compliment to the team.

Sequatchie just beat the daylights out of Coalfield

I don't care who we schedule. 

Just win Baby.

I think we've done pretty good for ourselves stepping up in class and even stepping outta State.    Dade GA,  Bell Co KY,  Murphy NC,  NJ AL.  

Privates: Boyd, CCS, GCA, LA, GP, CA, plus all the  alphabet soups in the playoffs.  Got MTCS this year and next.

Chatt: Tyner, Central, Hixson, Red Bank, Meigs.

Regulars: Sequatchie County,  Jasper.

I like the fact we have Franklin County on the schedule.   That's a good game to keep. It's better than Grundy or Bledsoe in my opinion.  

We're doing alright I think.

Go Pirates!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2