YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

1 hour ago, crow said:

I agree the Yorkies are the clear favorites and have everything to lose. They should’ve made a run last year, we’ll see if they squander another opportunity this year or not. 

The Oneida strength of schedule isn’t great. Everyone can’t play a schedule with a combined record of 13-17 like YAI has. (I’ll save you the trouble, Oneida’s schedule record to date is 11-20). Point being neither are playing world beaters week in and week out. Then again neither are likely a true contender in late November either. I will agree they have the potential to put us away early if we don’t play our best game to date, might do it anyway but ya never know. 

Semi finals is considers squandered?   Losing to eventual champion 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

York always plays a tough schedule. This year is no different. You have to look at the quality of the team not just record. York has blown out a very good Clay County, blown out private school GCA,  beat probably #2 seed Bledsoe by 10, and blew out a decent 4A Livingston Academy. The same LA that was up on undefeated Upperman 14-7 at half.

Compare those wins to Class A Rockwood, AA doormat Wartburg, JV Eagleton, Polk, and A Greenback. 

Grace Christian has the same record as Eagleton, but would honestly beat them by 80. 

I don’t disagree, you were the one comparing records, I was just using your data point. I’m not sure they always play a “tough” schedule however regularly though. This year their SOS is higher than ours but their regular season schedule is typically not that stacked. 

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I don’t disagree, you were the one comparing records, I was just using your data point. I’m not sure they always play a “tough” schedule however regularly though. This year their SOS is higher than ours but their regular season schedule is typically not that stacked. 

You are wrong. They played one of the toughest schedules in 2A last year. The year before it might have been even tougher. They play up all the time. And when they play down, they play the elite teams. I'm sure you know Oneida's schedule  but I don't think you know what you are talking about. Look at last years schedule: Bledsoe, Stone Memorial, Gibbs, Clay County

1 hour ago, YAIDAD said:

Semi finals is considers squandered?   Losing to eventual champion 

According to some they did. I personally thought they overachieved last year. Remember I picked them to win the region and possibly represent the east last year and they nearly did represent the east. Some here thought it was their year. @TSSAAfootball loves 2 things, York and taking shots at Oneida. I’m just giving him something to do. Is York a heavy favorite? Of course. Have they played any world beaters? Nope. Is their schedule stacked with contenders year after year? Nope. Do they have a shot to represent the East again this year? Possibly. But as TSSAA loves to point out the east is very weak this year. Matter of fact the last few years. A quality team the last few years should’ve had little resistance getting out of quad 1. If you get out of quad one (regions 1&2) you’re in the semifinals. 

15 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You are wrong. They played one of the toughest schedules in 2A last year. The year before it might have been even tougher. They play up all the time. And when they play down, they play the elite teams. I'm sure you know Oneida's schedule  but I don't think you know what you are talking about. Look at last years schedule: Bledsoe, Stone Memorial, Gibbs, Clay County

Elite teams like Jackson county and wartburg (before York was in region 2)?   I saw their schedule. How do you think I got their opponents records :lol:

Sure they hit a stretch here and there with a tough schedule but historically not so much. Look I’m not trying to start a peeing contest about SOS. Some years we play a top 10 schedule and some years we don’t. We’ve played Upperman when they were elite and traveled to Hampton for regular season games. When we play down we’ve played coalfield and Greenback forever OOR and in. Playing great competition doesn’t mean a team is elite and playing garbage teams don’t mean you’re not a great team. Just like opponents records are meaningless if you beat them. My point was your point was, well, pointless initially. Now your follow up about quality of opponents and fashion in which you win is more relevant but at the end of the year opponent’s record means nothing just the product you put on the field. There we can agree that the product YAI has fielded to date is a clear favorite to the product Oneida has. That fact wouldn’t change if we had the states toughest schedule or the state’s weakest schedule or the same could be said both ways for y’all. We’re improving weekly. Will it be enough? Don’t know yet. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crow said:

Elite teams like Jackson county and wartburg (before York was in region 2)?   I saw their schedule. How do you think I got their opponents records :lol:

Sure they hit a stretch here and there with a tough schedule but historically not so much. Look I’m not trying to start a peeing contest about SOS. Some years we play a top 10 schedule and some years we don’t. We’ve played Upperman when they were elite and traveled to Hampton for regular season games. When we play down we’ve played coalfield and Greenback forever OOR and in. Playing great competition doesn’t mean a team is elite and playing garbage teams don’t mean you’re not a great team. Just like opponents records are meaningless if you beat them. My point was your point was, well, pointless initially. Now your follow up about quality of opponents and fashion in which you win is more relevant but at the end of the year opponent’s record means nothing just the product you put on the field. There we can agree that the product YAI has fielded to date is a clear favorite to the product Oneida has. We’re improving weekly. Will it be enough? Don’t know yet. 

How can you tell if you are improving weekly or are just beating bad Single A schools? Everyone thought Scott Co was improving when they beat Eagleton. Then it just turned out Eagleton was an awful team and Scott County is the same bad team as always. 

I guess Friday will tell. 

10 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

How can you tell if you are improving weekly or are just beating bad Single A schools? Everyone thought Scott Co was improving when they beat Eagleton. Then it just turned out Eagleton was an awful team and Scott County is the same bad team as always. 

I guess Friday will tell. 

YAI should win shouldn’t they, they have something like 100 more students :roflol:

I did not think Scott was improving after Eagleton. How can you tell YAI any good? You see them play. Hate away TSSAA, your schools overall record is about dead even with us and we’re closer now to your size than ever and you still have us by a hundred. Now personally I don’t think that matters all that much but your seem to really focus on things like enrollment and classifications. We’re awful right, better do to us what tyner did to you or it’s not gonna look good in the paper :popcorneater:

7 minutes ago, crow said:

YAI should win shouldn’t they, they have something like 100 more students :roflol:

I did not think Scott was improving after Eagleton. How can you tell YAI any good? You see them play. Hate away TSSAA, your schools overall record is about dead even with us and we’re closer now to your size than ever and you still have us by a hundred. Now personally I don’t think that matters all that much but your seem to really focus on things like enrollment and classifications. We’re awful right, better do to us what tyner did to you or it’s not gonna look good in the paper :popcorneater:

I never once said Oneida was awful. Don't put words in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Sure they hit a stretch here and there with a tough schedule but historically not so much. Look I’m not trying to start a peeing contest about SOS. Some years we play a top 10 schedule and some years we don’t. We’ve played Upperman when they were elite and traveled to Hampton for regular season games. When we play down we’ve played coalfield and Greenback forever OOR and in. Playing great competition doesn’t mean a team is elite and playing garbage teams don’t mean you’re not a great team. Just like opponents records are meaningless if you beat them. My point was your point was, well, pointless initially. Now your follow up about quality of opponents and fashion in which you win is more relevant but at the end of the year opponent’s record means nothing just the product you put on the field. There we can agree that the product YAI has fielded to date is a clear favorite to the product Oneida has. That fact wouldn’t change if we had the states toughest schedule or the state’s weakest schedule or the same could be said both ways for y’all. We’re improving weekly. Will it be enough? Don’t know yet. 

The prior schedule was made by the coach before the present coach.  Coach Wright always plays a rough schedule.  A lot about schedules have to do with who will play and who won’t.  OOR games have bit York in the butt a few times when it goes to over all record.  But at the end of the day you play who you play and you have to win