YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

42 minutes ago, crow said:

Ok do you think Oneida is a good or bad team?

I think they will finish 6-4. Which is about what or slightly better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I assumed Polk would be better. Does that make them a bad team, absolutely not. I don't think they are a bad team. I do think their schedule has helped them tremendously though. IMO they have played one good team so far this year, Coalfield. They are about to play another one. I assume Bledsoe is a good team as well. So that's 3 good teams they will play. Kings Academy I honestly have no clue. They will be 0-8 most likely when they play Oneida but they may be the 2nd best team on their schedule, very hard to tell with those private schools. At some point though you have to beat the good teams. 

Edited by TSSAAfootball

34 minutes ago, YAIDAD said:

The prior schedule was made by the coach before the present coach.  Coach Wright always plays a rough schedule.  A lot about schedules have to do with who will play and who won’t.  OOR games have bit York in the butt a few times when it goes to over all record.  But at the end of the day you play who you play and you have to win 

Dead on sir. 

14 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think they will finish 6-4. Which is about what or slightly better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I assumed Polk would be better. Does that make them a bad team, absolutely not. I don't think they are a bad team. I do think their schedule has helped them tremendously though. IMO they have played one good team so far this year, Coalfield. They are about to play another one. I assume Bledsoe is a good team as well. So that's 3 good teams they will play. Kings Academy I honestly have no clue. They will be 0-8 most likely when they play Oneida but they may be the 2nd best team on their schedule, very hard to tell with those private schools. At some point though you have to beat the good teams. 

Now we agree. Good team or bad, strong schedule or weak if you can only win against average or below it’ll soon be basketball practice time. Doesn’t matter if your opponents records are 0-50 or 50-0. I know some here predicted 3-4 wins for us this year and for us to be worse than last year. I think it’s safe to say both of those predictions were off. No one thinks or thought we’d be playing the first weekend in December. Most still don’t but there has been a lot of improvements made with plenty still needed. We’re not beating elite teams but then again we haven’t played an elite team. Time will tell if we have an elite team on the schedule or not. 

46 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

We suck @crow you know we ain’t played anybody. We are gonna lose by 50 :popcorneater:

We might to be honest. Another flat half and it’ll get ugly. No love lost between these programs, if they can hang a hondo on us they likely will. Whatever the final score ends up being it will be as much as they can score on us. 

I thought Oneida's schedule last year was much harder, especially the region. I'm not even talking about records but the team's quality in general like you said. I think '22 Rockwood beats '23 Polk by 50. I think '22 Monterey beats '23 Bledsoe by 14. Wartburg is hard to tell cause they lost their starting QB before playing Oneida. Tellico Plains appears to be similar to Wartburg I guess. OOR they had to play a decent Williamsburg team and a below average but still a 4A school in Northview Academy. And the Coalfield team they played last year beats this years CF team by 50. Still 4 games to go so maybe things will change but last years schedule to me for Oneida seems to be much more difficult. Seqoyah would have beat Eagleton and Northview Academy would have beat Kings Academy. Maybe orangnblack would disagree but I thought Greenback last year was better. 

2 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I thought Oneida's schedule last year was much harder, especially the region. I'm not even talking about records but the team's quality in general like you said. I think '22 Rockwood beats '23 Polk by 50. I think '22 Monterey beats '23 Bledsoe by 14. Wartburg is hard to tell cause they lost their starting QB before playing Oneida. Tellico Plains appears to be similar to Wartburg I guess. OOR they had to play a decent Williamsburg team and a below average but still a 4A school in Northview Academy. And the Coalfield team they played last year beats this years CF team by 50. Still 4 games to go so maybe things will change but last years schedule to me for Oneida seems to be much more difficult. Seqoyah would have beat Eagleton and Northview Academy would have beat Kings Academy. Maybe orangnblack would disagree but I thought Greenback last year was better. 

Agree with that assessment. I wish we had last years region back. No offense to Bledsoe or Polk but just no history there. But with the reclassification most of our old rivals are now 1A. 

4 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Greenback was talented last year.  Should not have lost to the creekers.  That coach needed his bed pan changed

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Greenback was talented last year.  Should not have lost to the creekers.  That coach needed his bed pan changed

There’s still talent there. Williams and number 0 are both skilled receivers. Their game plan was odd. They would move the ball in a power set and go back to spread. Now they moved the ball some out of the spread early in the 1st quarter but after that it wasn’t very effective. They came out after half and seemed to have made no adjustments at all. Not what I’m used to seeing from them even with pretty boy at the helm. 

Edited by crow

55 minutes ago, crow said:

We might to be honest. Another flat half and it’ll get ugly. No love lost between these programs, if they can hang a hondo on us they likely will. Whatever the final score ends up being it will be as much as they can score on us. 

You and @Spike016 seem to share a lot of opinions together, how do we know that you aren't the one with multiple accounts here?:popcorneater: