YAI @ Oneida

Spike016

Oneida will have to play their best game all season to pull this one out. They cant go 3 and out on every offense drive, they have to get their offense rolling early. I trust their defense to hold their own for the most part. York is tough, very talented senior class and a very well-rounded team, they have players that can make plays all over the field. As much as I have been rooting for the Indians lately, I got York in this one.

35-14

7 hours ago, Spike016 said:

I agree York let Oneida back in last year BUT I will say Oneida has a few cats that will smack you right in the mouth startin on openin kickoff. We may get blew off the field but I can promise you that we will play hard for 4 qtrs. You gonna make the trip up?? 

CANNOT start off like you did against us!York is no GB they have a Coach and he will smell blood in the water.You all have impressed all of us to this point,so just mind the fire and keep adding wood!Keep improving and you all may just have a horse to run in the playoffs.Beat back the bad attitudes if you do lose and look at the big picture. You all again have a good looking squad.Ive never been one who thinks big is better just give me 11 who don't want to lose!!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

CANNOT start off like you did against us!York is no GB they have a Coach and he will smell blood in the water.You all have impressed all of us to this point,so just mind the fire and keep adding wood!Keep improving and you all may just have a horse to run in the playoffs.Beat back the bad attitudes if you do lose and look at the big picture. You all again have a good looking squad.Ive never been one who thinks big is better just give me 11 who don't want to lose!!

It’s gonna be the best team we have played so far this year. If something goes wrong early we gotta keep our heads in it. I have seen many upperclassmen hang their head early when something goes against us. 
Tennessee Maxim #3: 

IF AT FIRST THE GAME OR BREAKS GO AGAINT YOU… DONT LET UP PUT ON MORE STEAM!

5 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Oneida hasn't beat a team with more than 2 wins so far.

I'm saying over at halftime, York 26-0. Cause York has kicking issues.

Final 38-7

I agree the Yorkies are the clear favorites and have everything to lose. They should’ve made a run last year, we’ll see if they squander another opportunity this year or not. 

The Oneida strength of schedule isn’t great. Everyone can’t play a schedule with a combined record of 13-17 like YAI has. (I’ll save you the trouble, Oneida’s schedule record to date is 11-20). Point being neither are playing world beaters week in and week out. Then again neither are likely a true contender in late November either. I will agree they have the potential to put us away early if we don’t play our best game to date, might do it anyway but ya never know. 

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

Should be a good test for Oneida. Win this one and some noise will be made in the playoffs. Good luck Spike and Crow. 

Thanks yeti. They’re a good squad and the clear favorite but I’d love to get this one. We’ll have to be better than we have been so far and for 48 to have a shot. 

8 minutes ago, crow said:

I agree the Yorkies are the clear favorites and have everything to lose. They should’ve made a run last year, we’ll see if they squander another opportunity this year or not. 

The Oneida strength of schedule isn’t great. Everyone can’t play a schedule with a combined record of 13-17 like YAI has. (I’ll save you the trouble, Oneida’s schedule record to date is 11-20). Point being neither are playing world beaters week in and week out. Then again neither are likely a true contender in late November either. I will agree they have the potential to put us away early if we don’t play our best game to date, might do it anyway but ya never know. 

York always plays a tough schedule. This year is no different. You have to look at the quality of the team not just record. York has blown out a very good Clay County, blown out private school GCA,  beat probably #2 seed Bledsoe by 10, and blew out a decent 4A Livingston Academy. The same LA that was up on undefeated Upperman 14-7 at half.

Compare those wins to Class A Rockwood, AA doormat Wartburg, JV Eagleton, Polk, and A Greenback. 

Grace Christian has the same record as Eagleton, but would honestly beat them by 80. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Good look brother @crow. I like both of these teams and hope it’s a good game.

• Thanks 1