MAVERICKS @ DRAGONS (Thursday Rivalry)

92Dragon

12 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I would just like to see Clinton's defense force a 3 & out against AC Thursday night.

They have not been as good on defense ever since they moved 8 to the middle.  He is still making a dozen tackles per game, but they are 8-12 yards down the field.  He was way more disruptive early in the year when he was playing outside where he could rush or cover and hold down the edge.  He's kind of in no mans land playing off the ball in the middle.  Just my opinion, I know others will disagree.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

They have not been as good on defense ever since they moved 8 to the middle.  He is still making a dozen tackles per game, but they are 8-12 yards down the field.  He was way more disruptive early in the year when he was playing outside where he could rush or cover and hold down the edge.  He's kind of in no mans land playing off the ball in the middle.  Just my opinion, I know others will disagree.  

The 2 main ingredients to having a successful season, Clinton is missing both. You have to have a good defense and you have to be able to run the ball consistently. 

45 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

The 2 main ingredients to having a successful season, Clinton is missing both. You have to have a good defense and you have to be able to run the ball consistently. 

yeah, I would agree 92.  Excluding Union Co.  How many punts do you think they have forced this year? Definitely hard to win giving up 40 a game while scoring only 18 a game.  

Edited by oridgecat

2 hours ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

Something scares me about this game. But I think this one will come down to 4th qt. AC 28 Clinton 27… 

I hope not lol. But Clinton has some speed. Anything is Possible I didn't see OR having that much trouble with Clinton and that was based on my opinion when Clinton played West. Different team scheme seem to play out rather than looking on paper. However the Ariel attack behind Moog should be too much mix for Clinton. And frankly the Mavs aren't the Mavs in the Powell game. But anything is possible and that to me is why Highschool football is much more than predictable NFL. Lol

Edited by Mavericksinflight