Hampton journeys to Eagleton

Backyardbbq15

52 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Elizabethton don’t really count being it’s a city school. They have a different school board and superintendent. So there is 4 high schools and 1 city high school. Do any of those counties have a city high school 

Greeneville does. And benefits greatly from it. Ask Swipes. They got the “success formula” from Alcoa. Everyone in Greene Co is Welcome to come on in. The Doors are always Open. The Greene Co Allstars are awfully good as a result. With a lot of “feeder” programs to “recruit” they are consistently good. 
Amazing for a HS with 1100 Kids to reload every year. Unfortunately they can’t match Alcoa in the “transfer portal” with less than 750 Kids. They’re kinda like Bama. They have the most talented team but they either don’t develop or just plain choke when it counts. But they have set the “Gold Standard” for “building” a Program. Which Witten at Elizabethton started using by getting a weight room and year round practices. Such a Novel Idea. I would have thought Shawn would have figured all that out on His own. But it’s all because the Devils were lifting weights and now the secret is out. Betsy needs to thank the Devils for “making them better”. Apparently it’s working awfully good considering how Greeneville has done in the Playoffs the last 5yrs or so. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Well I know Scott County High School and Oneida High School have different school districts and Director of Schools but wouldn't say they were a "City School".  I guess you could take Greeneville out of Greene County numbers and make it 4 high schools and 1 city school too since its a different district. 

The Oneida and Scott portion of this post is correct. Our “city” school is Oneida but it isn’t restricted to students within the city and is partially funded by the county. The Oneida district is not just the city limits. Also kids within the Oneida district are free to go to the county school. Transfer eligibility rules apply and you must provide your own transportation in many cases but bus routes do overlap in some area. Scott County and Oneida each have their own respective directors and school boards and are governed independently of each other. 

Edited by crow

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Greeneville does. And benefits greatly from it. Ask Swipes. They got the “success formula” from Alcoa. Everyone in Greene Co is Welcome to come on in. The Doors are always Open. The Greene Co Allstars are awfully good as a result. With a lot of “feeder” programs to “recruit” they are consistently good. 
Amazing for a HS with 1100 Kids to reload every year. Unfortunately they can’t match Alcoa in the “transfer portal” with less than 750 Kids. They’re kinda like Bama. They have the most talented team but they either don’t develop or just plain choke when it counts. But they have set the “Gold Standard” for “building” a Program. Which Witten at Elizabethton started using by getting a weight room and year round practices. Such a Novel Idea. I would have thought Shawn would have figured all that out on His own. But it’s all because the Devils were lifting weights and now the secret is out. Betsy needs to thank the Devils for “making them better”. Apparently it’s working awfully good considering how Greeneville has done in the Playoffs the last 5yrs or so. 

Ok IPoopU, let’s get your daily education in early this morning.  Greeneville is a City School and has their own School district the same as Elizabethton and a lot of other schools even smaller ones like Fayetteville or Oneida. You are not correct on EVERYONE can come in to the city school system and more than just cutting a tuition check, this isn’t the Southern Boarder where EVERYONE just gets in.  Here you go again pulling # out your backside again, could you help me find the other 150 students to get to your we have 1,100 kids number (We have 953 and Elizabethton is sitting at 879.  Alcoa is at 682 also).  Is comparing us to Bama a bad thing? Thanks for comparing us to the greatest Football program in College history.  I’m done arguing with you about what has came out of Shawn’s Mouth many of times about following Greeneville recipe to get on another level. It’s done pretty well considering we have made more State Championship games and have more Gold Balls to show for it!  The sad thing is you come on here trying to throw stones from a glass house with how similar our programs are and playing by the same rules.  A lot of those Greeneville and Betsy players have known each other for years, have played in passing leagues and Witten Huddle together, and respect each other the same way I respects almost all the Betsy fans on here.  You just like to stir the pot and throw out incorrect information and stats, now that’s something I don’t respect

In my opinion education is more based on parents expectations of their kids not the good or bad teachers a kid who wants to learn does so and always have but unmotivated children have never been well educated but no child left behind doesn't allow children who deserve to fail  to fail. This is a republican policy and not a good one. Heck Unaka is the most conservative Republican place in the world and look how physical they are.

On 10/1/2023 at 10:01 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Most of the school building is 70 years old, the football field has multiple uses and the only field for band, football, soccer and other uses would have worn a regular field out. They really had no choice. Eagleton is just a small area on the outside of the city limits surrounded by 80 year old 2 bedroom homes built during WW2 out of basically 2x3 walls each built in a day. People that live in Maryville look down on this area of Blount County and call this area Shantyville. The majority of the Counties Mexican population live there around the school and believe me they love soccer so that field will get it's workout.

just wondering how such a poor community finds funds for such a tremendous athletic complex where did the funding come from ?

4 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

In my opinion education is more based on parents expectations of their kids not the good or bad teachers a kid who wants to learn does so and always have but unmotivated children have never been well educated but no child left behind doesn't allow children who deserve to fail  to fail. This is a republican policy and not a good one. Heck Unaka is the most conservative Republican place in the world and look how physical they are.

I think kids are staying up all night and never getting Woke.

34 minutes ago, pujo said:

I think kids are staying up all night and never getting Woke.

We don't need anymore of that woke BS.These liberals have mutilated enough kids minds nd bodies.Why can't we just go back to the way it used to be,put them back in the hay and Tobacco fields.lol.This world is so crazy now.

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We don't need anymore of that woke BS.These liberals have mutilated enough kids minds nd bodies.Why can't we just go back to the way it used to be,put them back in the hay and Tobacco fields.lol.This world is so crazy now.

Yeah just more and more ignorant junk every single day. Its a clown show .

On 10/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, Appvol said:

My wife would disagree with you on that in Carter County. My son got a good education at Cloudland 

My wife is a teacher and I would have to agree with your statement,in my opinion you get out of school what you put into it.if you work hard and and have parents that halfway care about how you do in school that really makes a difference I put a lot of our problems on the parents of these kids