2A Region 5 tie?

Pizzpatriot2

2 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

Loretto likes to throw the ball with a young QB. They call him Mr. Cool, but can promise you Waverly will check how “cool” he is. I mean he’s a decent high school football player, but Waverly definitely has the better QB. If they would “wisen” up split Stanfield out wide with Harbison at Rb, they would be more balanced. I’m not sure that Harbison shouldn’t be carrying the ball more anyway, he’s a LOT faster. Boldin is a fantastic coach. He will work his butt off to win. His OC hates to lose as well, so we will see. 

I for one am glad to see them doing so well this year!

On 9/30/2023 at 7:56 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Any discussion on who this/that is going to be with the remaining schedule(s)?

Anyone think it could cone down to the coin toss?

I doubt it comes to a coin toss. I can only remember 1 instance off the top of my head where that happened. And I might actually be confusing that with a different coin toss.

Right now it looks like:

Loretto, Lewis Co., Mt. Pleasant, Waverly.

With Loretto still to play Mt.P / Waverly and Lewis Co. still to play Waverly, there are too many questions and variables to answer yet. It could come to a 3 way tie. If it does come down to a 3-way tie with Loretto/Lewis/Mt. Pleasant then, as of right now, the standings wouldn't change due to the tie breaker rules.

All 3 teams could have the same record and had defeated each other. But Loretto has currently played the most teams with a better than .500 record. So they get the nod for first place. Since Lewis County beat Mt. Pleasant, they would be 2 and 3 respectively. Waverly would be 4th.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

3 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

Loretto likes to throw the ball with a young QB. They call him Mr. Cool, but can promise you Waverly will check how “cool” he is. I mean he’s a decent high school football player, but Waverly definitely has the better QB. If they would “wisen” up split Stanfield out wide with Harbison at Rb, they would be more balanced. I’m not sure that Harbison shouldn’t be carrying the ball more anyway, he’s a LOT faster. Boldin is a fantastic coach. He will work his butt off to win. His OC hates to lose as well, so we will see. 

Given Loretto lost their starting senior QB earlier in the season the young kid is still getting experience and is coming along very nicely. I would not say this Waverly defense is such a juggernaut of a defense either to be testing how “cool” this kid is.

28 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm thinking it comes down to a coin toss.

Hohenwald wins said coin toss.

Pizz declares coin toss interference.

Pizz is overruled.

Pizz becomes pizzed. 

Hohenwald goes on to capture the title.

Pizz becomes distraught. 

Pizz then wonders about aimlessly. 

the-jerk-steve-martin.gif

Can a better script be written?

Better if it included “never to be heard of again “.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who do we believe will make it to the 4th round after these two regions duke it out? 

I think the front runner has to be Huntingdon, but you never want to run into Frosties boys come playoff time. It appears to also seem like Lewis County, Milan, or Loretto could be in the running. 

Will definitely be interesting to watch!!!

9 hours ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Who do we believe will make it to the 4th round after these two regions duke it out? 

I think the front runner has to be Huntingdon, but you never want to run into Frosties boys come playoff time. It appears to also seem like Lewis County, Milan, or Loretto could be in the running. 

Will definitely be interesting to watch!!!

I mistakenly posted this on the wrong board. 

Waverly has a chance to win out. Loretto and Lewis have to travel to Waverly. This is what it would look like if they did win out.

Waverly finishes 9-1 with a loss to MTP

Loretto finishes 9-1 (if they beat MTP which they should) with a loss to Waverly

Lewis finishes 8-2 with losses to Loretto/Waverly

Mt Pleasant finishes 8-2 with losses to Lewis/Loretto

Edited by Trollin
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly has a chance to win out. Loretto and Lewis have to travel to Waverly. This is what it would look like if they did win out.

Waverly finishes 9-1 with a loss to MTP

Loretto finishes 9-1 (if they beat MTP which they should) with a loss to Waverly

Lewis finishes 8-2 with losses to Loretto/Waverly

Mt Pleasant finishes 8-2 with losses to Lewis/Loretto

Is this not the most competitive this region has been in a very long time, if not ever? I did notice that neither Riverside nor Chapel Hill is in it, however. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up Waverly's schedule the other night going back a little over a decade and you guys have seem to have some success against very good schools. Seems like good playoff runs and, seems like you guys actually played and beat Pulaski when they were on their good runs. Takes experience at that level to do well come playoff time.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, Southtowner said:

I'm thinking it comes down to a coin toss.

Hohenwald wins said coin toss.

Pizz declares coin toss interference.

Pizz is overruled.

Pizz becomes pizzed. 

Hohenwald goes on to capture the title.

Pizz becomes distraught. 

Pizz then wonders about aimlessly. 

the-jerk-steve-martin.gif

Can a better script be written?

I don't care who says what, this is just funny! Kuddos @Southtowner. Good post!