Henry County @ Beech

MSURacer

Good game by both teams. No words for the blown coverage on 4th and 18. Still a little in shock over that one. Hard to swallow a loss when they were clearly in control up 14, but both teams took the other ones punches and came back swinging. Hats off to HC on a hard fought win.

Henry County is in the drivers seat for the region title and will be heavily favored in both remaining games. Beech should finish out with three wins and second in the region.

Beech has found some offense the last couple of games and will be a tough out for anyone from here out. With a 3-4 record there will be some that overlook them, but I don’t think their record really shows who this team is right now.

49 minutes ago, commodores16 said:

I’d say this is the year to get Beech. Super young. What year is HC QB?

HC QB is a senior and a player. He will have some success at the next level on the defensive side.

Beech is young and the future looks bright, but I don’t think they’re quite done this year.

2 minutes ago, commodores16 said:

Totally agree Beech not done. Have I heard Beech #44 RB is a Freshman? And QB is Sophomore?

That’s correct. There’s only a handful of seniors that are starters. There’s a lot of youth on this team gaining a lot of experience as the season goes and it appears they’re starting to come together and grow up. 

It's hilarious watching people get so pressed over another man's opinion of a high school football game. I felt like Henry County was the better team coming in and still do. We correct the mistakes of giving up the big plays and this is pretty much a blowout win for the Patriots. Hopefully we get that opportunity to show just that in the playoffs...till then....46-45....

• Sad 1

Hats off to Beech for a great game played. Both teams made great plays and I thought it would be a one score game, didn’t realize it would be one point. HC had a couple of starters out last night and need to get healthy for a playoff run.

HC also has several juniors and some sophomores starting. By my count, 6/7 will return on D and the roughly the same on O. Losing our QB will hurt, he’s a calm lead by example type and the team rallies behind him. However, we have a young gun 9th grader I really like. I’ve seen some real potential over the last few years out of him. 

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

It's hilarious watching people get so pressed over another man's opinion of a high school football game. I felt like Henry County was the better team coming in and still do. We correct the mistakes of giving up the big plays and this is pretty much a blowout win for the Patriots. Hopefully we get that opportunity to show just that in the playoffs...till then....46-45....

There are opinions and then there are ignorant statements…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

What a dumb comment. Beech can say the same, correct the mistakes and win. 

• Upvote 1