Bearden will beat Bradley.

I think Bearden will beat Bradley, barring any turnovers. They have the better lines and can rotate fresh linemen in and out on defense depending on what offense the other team runs, They have guys good at stopping the run, then they can bring in speed rushers to attack the quarterback in passing situations. For Bradley to win, they need to put a lot of points up early, maybe benefitting from a turnover and get far enough ahead to survive getting mashed up front and worn down. I would say Bearden 28 Bradley 14

On 10/15/2023 at 7:31 PM, Cactus Jack said:

I think Bearden will beat Bradley, barring any turnovers. They have the better lines and can rotate fresh linemen in and out on defense depending on what offense the other team runs, They have guys good at stopping the run, then they can bring in speed rushers to attack the quarterback in passing situations. For Bradley to win, they need to put a lot of points up early, maybe benefitting from a turnover and get far enough ahead to survive getting mashed up front and worn down. I would say Bearden 28 Bradley 14

Bearden going to need a heathy and 100% game from Merriweather and Thompson to get the win.

Bearden/Bradley?  I can't keep em straight which is which.   I know they're both supposed to be good.  I just hope that Oakland gets the opportunity to play one of them.  And end all this foolishness of some folks thinking either will be the next Murvil.   Ain't happening.   Unlikely anyone will repeat what they have done.  Unless Creasy decides to stick around that long.   And then possible. 

13 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Who thinks that?  Both are having good seasons…that’s all.  

Lol..probably nobody.  Just seems to be a lot of talk around here about those two programs.  Sometimes I get bored and like to stir the pot a little.  Yes, they are both having good seasons against some good 6A programs.  We'll see how they do against an elite 6A program.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol..probably nobody.  Just seems to be a lot of talk around here about those two programs.  Sometimes I get bored and like to stir the pot a little.  Yes, they are both having good seasons against some good 6A programs.  We'll see how they do against an elite 6A program.  

Nobody is going to be the new Maryville bc none of them had the mix of coaching plus talent the Rebels had in the GQ era. In 6A, you might be able to go on a run Oakland has for 8-10 (maybe 15) years, but to be almost automatic like Maryville has been for 25 years won't be duplicated.

As for Bearden and Bradley, I consider them both to be elite teams. Think Bearden is a little better all around bc of their line play, but not a lock either team will be playing Thanksgiving weekend