West TN Rural Top 10 Week 9

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

10 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Being realistic.LC loses to Central,Dyersburg,Dresden.Will more than likely get beat bad by JCS and Union City.Dies anyone expect them to win those games?Would West Carroll win any of those games or even play a close game?Haiti No! But go ahead and look at wins against Perry Co,Bruceton,McEwen who's won about 3 games combined.

War Eagles living rent free in that head of yours 

2 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

Our playoff records are basically identical besides state championships.  And we would probably have more gold balls if our population was as big as yalls. We win with what we got, yall win by picking and choosing. or like last year get trampled by a stampede of Mustangs, TWICE!

Lol !!!!!!!!!   trampled my tail.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think Huntingdon would win a regular season game over Dresden but a playoff game I would have my doubts. It seems like the last 5 to 8 years the Mustangs underachieve the deeper they go in the playoffs. Maybe this years addition of the Mustangs is different.

Underachieved? Man, every school not named Alcoa or South Pittsburgh would love to underachieve like the Huntingdon Mustangs have over the last 8 or 9 years. Does the Mustangs expect to play in a State Championship every season, yes. That’s what they expect here. I get tired of people saying they can’t win in the playoffs. Here is who put Huntingdon out of the playoffs the last 9 years:

14-15 Peabody- Won State Championship 

15-16 NCS- Won State Championship 

16-17 NCS- Won by 1 point

17-18 Cornersville- beat Huntingdon in 2 OT-1 point-Lost State Championship

18-19 Cornersville- beat Huntingdon by 1 TD- Lost State Championship by 1 point

19-20 Lake Co- Won State Championship 

20-21- Moore Co

21-22 MAHS- beat Huntingdon by 1 point

22-23 Riverside- Lost State Championship 

so in 6 of the last 9 years Huntingdon lost to teams that played in the State Championship game. Not too bad I’d say. 

Edited by Waker
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 1:41 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 7-1 W 46-45 over Beech

2.  Dyersburg 7-0 Bye

3.  JCS 7-0 Bye

4.  Hardin Co. 8-0 W 42-35 over Hardin Co. 

5.  Dresden 8-0 W 62-12 over South Fulton

6.  Huntingdung 6-1 W. 41-6 over JCM

7.  McKenzie 7-1 W 56-7 over Houston Co. 

8.  Munford 7-1 W 55-20 over Brighton

9.  Riverside 5-2 Bye

10.  Haywood 6-2 L 35-42 Hardin Co. 

Outside Looking In:  Covington 6-2, Milan 6-1, TCA 5-2, South Gibson 5-2, Crockett 5-2, Union City 4-3, West Carroll 6-1

Lots of teams with bye weeks last week so not much movement. Coming down to the wire. Are these the 10 best teams in rural west tn??

Who can argue this? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Underachieved? Man, every school not named Alcoa or South Pittsburgh would love to underachieve like the Huntingdon Mustangs have over the last 8 or 9 years. Does the Mustangs expect to play in a State Championship every season, yes. That’s what they expect here. I get tired of people saying they can’t win in the playoffs. Here is who put Huntingdon out of the playoffs the last 9 years:

14-15 Peabody- Won State Championship 

15-16 NCS- Won State Championship 

16-17 NCS- Won by 1 point

17-18 Cornersville- beat Huntingdon in 2 OT-1 point-Lost State Championship

18-19 Cornersville- beat Huntingdon by 1 TD- Lost State Championship by 1 point

19-20 Lake Co- Won State Championship 

20-21- Moore Co

21-22 MAHS- beat Huntingdon by 1 point

22-23 Riverside- Lost State Championship 

so in 6 of the last 9 years Huntingdon lost to teams that played in the State Championship game. Not too bad I’d say. 

Maybe underachieved wasn't the right word. I know in the past 8-9 years that Huntingdon was the odds on favorite to get to the finals. Especially the 1A years. Huntingdon has been in the mix for the title game for the last 8-9 years but didn't get the job done. That is what I was basing my opinion on.

14 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

My point being is you saying "My TeAm Is BiGgEr ThAn YoUrS" and that don't mean jack. Nobody said anything about state championships. I was stating history. Dresden has never beat us and probably wouldn't today. I'm pretty sure Milan, Riverside, and possibly Crockett County could beat Union City, Dresden, and Mckenzie. I can't comment on the others you listed because I've never seen them play.

I'm not so sure those teams you named would beat the other 3

5 hours ago, Waker said:

I think most would consider having a solid team most years but being consistently unable to win when it counts as underachievement.

Maybe if Huntingdon's football team worked as hard as their fans do whining on CoachT about what classification Union City is in, they'd have more luck come playoff time.

Edited by LilSwo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1