West TN Rural Top 10 Week 9

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1.  Henry Co. 7-1 W 46-45 over Beech

2.  Dyersburg 7-0 Bye

3.  JCS 7-0 Bye

4.  Hardin Co. 8-0 W 42-35 over Hardin Co. 

5.  Dresden 8-0 W 62-12 over South Fulton

6.  Huntingdung 6-1 W. 41-6 over JCM

7.  McKenzie 7-1 W 56-7 over Houston Co. 

8.  Munford 7-1 W 55-20 over Brighton

9.  Riverside 5-2 Bye

10.  Haywood 6-2 L 35-42 Hardin Co. 

Outside Looking In:  Covington 6-2, Milan 6-1, TCA 5-2, South Gibson 5-2, Crockett 5-2, Union City 4-3, West Carroll 6-1

Lots of teams with bye weeks last week so not much movement. Coming down to the wire. Are these the 10 best teams in rural west tn??

Last week there only ended up being two games worth watching. Only one game involved both teams Bing in this top ten list. This week's schedule is still light. No games involving teams in this Top 10of this pole. However, there are several games with big implications and I envision some movement next week. The headline game should be TCA at FACS. FACS is in must win mode if they want to finish Second in region play. TCA is also in must win mode as they need this game to keep region championship hopes alive with a throw down v JCS in week 11. The teams are ranked 4 and 5 in D2A pole this week. Lake Co v JCS has states #1 rusher against states #1 receiver.  ECS at USJ has a home playoff game likely awaiting the winner of this game. There are other games where high stakes poker will be played ad well. This week will be much more interesting overall then  last week's games

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 7-1 W 46-45 over Beech

2.  Dyersburg 7-0 Bye

3.  JCS 7-0 Bye

4.  Hardin Co. 8-0 W 42-35 over Hardin Co. 

5.  Dresden 8-0 W 62-12 over South Fulton

6.  Huntingdung 6-1 W. 41-6 over JCM

7.  McKenzie 7-1 W 56-7 over Houston Co. 

8.  Munford 7-1 W 55-20 over Brighton

9.  Riverside 5-2 Bye

10.  Haywood 6-2 L 35-42 Hardin Co. 

Outside Looking In:  Covington 6-2, Milan 6-1, TCA 5-2, South Gibson 5-2, Crockett 5-2, Union City 4-3, West Carroll 6-1

Lots of teams with bye weeks last week so not much movement. Coming down to the wire. Are these the 10 best teams in rural west tn??

Not that it means anything, but I think 5 and 6 can be swapped. I think Huntingdon beats Dresden if they played.

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You may be right. But it’s hard for me to put you in front of them when they beat down the one team that beat you. 

You beat me to it.  There's 4 or 5 teams in 1a that would give any team in 2a fits. Dresden O-line and D-Line would give Huntingdon fits. And I know the Huntingdon faithful answer is going to be where not the same team as we were at the beginning of the year. From what I witnessed at the Mckenzie game you would have to get a whole lot better to beat Dresden.

8 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

You beat me to it.  There's 4 or 5 teams in 1a that would give any team in 2a fits. Dresden O-line and D-Line would give Huntingdon fits. And I know the Huntingdon faithful answer is going to be where not the same team as we were at the beginning of the year. From what I witnessed at the Mckenzie game you would have to get a whole lot better to beat Dresden.

Hopefully no team is the same now as they were at the beginning of the year. Huntingdung has no doubt improved. But other teams have as well. 

35 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Last week there only ended up being two games worth watching. Only one game involved both teams Bing in this top ten list. This week's schedule is still light. No games involving teams in this Top 10of this pole. However, there are several games with big implications and I envision some movement next week. The headline game should be TCA at FACS. FACS is in must win mode if they want to finish Second in region play. TCA is also in must win mode as they need this game to keep region championship hopes alive with a throw down v JCS in week 11. The teams are ranked 4 and 5 in D2A pole this week. Lake Co v JCS has states #1 rusher against states #1 receiver.  ECS at USJ has a home playoff game likely awaiting the winner of this game. There are other games where high stakes poker will be played ad well. This week will be much more interesting overall then  last week's games

Great post. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You may be right. But it’s hard for me to put you in front of them when they beat down the one team that beat you. 

True, but move that game to week 5 instead of week 1 and the score would be flipped. With what you said though, wouldn't that put Mckenzie in front of us?

• Sad 1