South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (Stone Cold vs Panther King)

Southtowner

9 hours ago, ScallyWag said:

Nearly every penalty was legit from my vantage point.Both teams played very undisciplined, especially in the first half.Coach better get this straightened out before the playoffs.We should have a great chance at getting to Finley but will never beat the winner of the West playing this way.All the talent we have but can't line up right or stay onsides.Not to mention all the holding and penalties away from the play they keep committing over and over this season.

Yeah I was told that by powerp. 10 weeks into the season this is disturbing we have guys that don't know how to still get lined up. But also I know some refs that come over into the Pitt get there feelings hurt and have to have a little tougher skin. But the holding and offsides and false starts are just mental things. Got to get that cleaned up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powerp said:

False starts are a lack of mental prep. Holding is just pure laziness. SP is running linemen out there that I thought would never play a down or meaningful football for multiple reasons. Kind of is what it is at this point. A lot of talent but that’s a HUGE weakness. I can’t understand how we are going into the last game of the season and some still don’t know where to line up. I’ll say my usual, the wing-T would benefit us so much. Blocking schemes, misdirections in the backfield, and you can still throw the ball. Skill talent covers a lot of issues in the trenches.

Agree on some points but I’m not sure I’d like to see Wellington as a QB under center handing the ball off either. He’s a pretty good runner. It might be hard to run him as much from there. As for the false starts. That’s just mental discipline and there isn’t an excuse. I’m still speechless on that offensive pass interference call they made. 

7 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Agree on some points but I’m not sure I’d like to see Wellington as a QB under center handing the ball off either. He’s a pretty good runner. It might be hard to run him as much from there. As for the false starts. That’s just mental discipline and there isn’t an excuse. I’m still speechless on that offensive pass interference call they made. 

I agree. It’s easy to say from the stands. The coaches want success and put in a lot of time. They know best…even if some moments are head scratching. 

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

I agree. It’s easy to say from the stands. The coaches want success and put in a lot of time. They know best…even if some moments are head scratching. 

I’m right there with you. I’m sitting there  going what are we doing a lot of times. It’s easy for us to say it. Here in a few hours I will say the same thing watching TN lol. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

On the PI, our guy was pulling on their DB most of the time the ball was in the air. As it got close he let go and started fighting for the ball as their DB started mauling our WR. Honestly, the call could have gone either way. We interfered early, they interfered late.

1 hour ago, powerp said:

False starts are a lack of mental prep. Holding is just pure laziness. SP is running linemen out there that I thought would never play a down or meaningful football for multiple reasons. Kind of is what it is at this point. A lot of talent but that’s a HUGE weakness. I can’t understand how we are going into the last game of the season and some still don’t know where to line up. I’ll say my usual, the wing-T would benefit us so much. Blocking schemes, misdirections in the backfield, and you can still throw the ball. Skill talent covers a lot of issues in the trenches.

Every Game we can’t get People into the Field and I. The right position 

2 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

On the PI, our guy was pulling on their DB most of the time the ball was in the air. As it got close he let go and started fighting for the ball as their DB started mauling our WR. Honestly, the call could have gone either way. We interfered early, they interfered late.

I saw the same.

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the “W”. Gots HEEP of work to do Ifin theys gonna be gold at the end of the trail. Nows, as usual theys fellers pretending theys knows stuff sitch as what and where is this or that one. OP ain’t bout to fall fer theys mess. Caution is advised, YepReconSo. Old Pirate and some close War Eagle fans, a bearded feller & SS that answers to Wendy gots some tailgating to do now. GO WAR EAGLES. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I'd like to see us go under center on 3rd & short.  Try and push from the line of scrimmage instead of snapping the ball back 5 yards & trying to push from that spot. More consistency & a bit more power run game on offense will be needed down the stretch.  I'm no coach but we've got a great staff,  I'm sure they know what needs to be worked on and what formations work best.  One more regular season game and then it's playoff time.  No ifs, ands, or buts then.   

Go Pirates!!