Rebs crost tha Pistull

STARSNBARS

On 10/20/2023 at 11:21 AM, JJrebel2010 said:

No one is saying that. Alcoa is a great team and a big favorite tonight. You’re trying to create a “narrative” that isn’t there. They’re in 2 completely different classes, so there will always be comparisons. That’s part of the rivalry. But no one is discounting what Alcoa has done. How bout we just enjoy two big time championship programs that are a couple miles apart getting to battle each other every year. 

Cheap gold

On 10/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, BCsportsfan said:

You miss the point sister, :lol: 

How many years did they whine about murvul not wanting to play "big boy football" Huh, tell me? :popcorneater:

Then the SAMETHING comes Alcoa's way via CoachT?

The hypocrisy is.......it WAS murvul doing all the barking? Wow!!  CRY BABIES! 

BTW,  That feller stole your man wallet! No buffet for you. :thumb:

Naah not really but if it makes you feel better I guess it better than yiu having to take xanx

When I was in school Alcoa was our biggest rival but afterwards we were all friends again. Some of my best life long friends played for Alcoa back in the day. I can say a lot of issues between Maryville and Alcoa are driven by adults and always have. It was the adults that have taken both schools for a pizzing contest to see who can out do the other. No two other schools in this state this close together have the athletic facilities these two schools have. There was a time Maryville College was the place where jamborees and playoff games were played because it was a step up and 50 years later it looks like a dump site compared to these two schools facilities. There are many people that hate each other from both sides now days so much over this rivalry there's no telling what's going to happen next. When adults act as they do about this game played by kids it's time to end this BS once and for all before something really big happens.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Keep looking thru those red tinted glasse Pep. That was more penalties on Alcoa then a the games they have played ALL YEAR. Enjoy the gift. Alcoa had 5 turnovers. Thats on them. Three passes right to a white jersey.  Murvul got a huge gift. Don't blow this gift in the first round  of the playoffs. It maybe hard without all the flags going your way. 

If they had called every blatant holding call we would still be there ...

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I 100% agree with you on this. I wish we would drop this rivalry and pick up Oak Ridge. I don’t care if we have to drive 30 more miles. We don’t need to play a 2A team anyway, it’s embarrassing. We own Alcoa. The record is 67-24-3. The record speaks volumes. 

I will never want to drop this rivalry. I love seeing Maryville beat Alcoa. Alcoa will win another 3A Title. Honest truth it doesn't bother me one bit Alcoa has won more State Titles than Maryville. Alcoa doesn't have someone like Oakland to deal with. I love the fact that Maryville owns a 43 game lead in the series. No matter how many State Titles Alcoa wins. Losing to Maryville 25 times in the last 30 seasons tears them up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Lot of stupid stuff done on both sides of the fence. Have no tolerance for any of it and hope they find the person who did it. I realize things are said on both sides of the ball on the field and Maryville was hit for one. This rivalry has spun out of control and I will be the first to say it needs to be cancelled. When a a stupid ballgame played by high school kids breaks a community apart then it needs to end. 

Yes sir! This whole thing is like listening to a bunch of spoiled kids! I hate to see communities torn apart! Sad!