MARSHALL COUNTY @ PEARL COHN… pt 1…

Chiledeme

Ive got Marshall County (OR Station Camp) coming out of that Quadrant this time and making the Finals

Hardin County, South Gibson and White House could also come out of that quadrant

PC made the Title game so theres unfinished business there

I think MC is the better team and goes further but PC wins This one

If Marshall Co can limit mistakes, penalties and turnovers, play ball control football, keep the PC Offense off the field and put pressure on them, they may have a shot. PC has played good teams and played on the big stage before. It’s a tall task, but it’s doable. Just ask Greeneville in 2021 (Undefeated and lost to Elizabethton in the quarterfinals) or Tullahoma in 2020 (Undefeated and lost to Nolensville also in the Quarterfinals). Stranger things have happened! That’s why we love the high school game so much. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChatterBox99 said:

Pearl is just too much. MC defense will not hold up agains the athletes. I do think they can control the clock, but they will have trouble protecting the QB. Pearl should win state barring any injuries. 

Pearl typically goes at least one round deeper in the playoffs than they really have a right to. Experience, coaching, determination, and heart wins them a game or two against teams that "should" win against them on paper. This season, I don't know a potential matchup until Chatanooga where they even might be the underdog.

I'm not saying MC has no chance, because there's a reason they play the game. However, looking at scores among like opponents, MC hasn't played its starters through virtually any second half since Station Camp. They haven't needed to. PC is probably the better overall team, but if MC can limit mistakes and capitalize when they have to, this could be a game into the fourth quarter.