South Pittsburg vs Jo Byrns (Stone Cold vs Red Devil Robison)

Southtowner

6 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Red Boiling and JB both should sit out playoffs this year even though this might be the best season Red Boiling has ever had. They are proof that the TSSAA should take the top 2 in the regions not top 4.  

Take the top two region winners and Bring back the bowls games for those 3 and 4 seeds not in the playoffs. 

The three and four seeds are mostly only playing one more game. It would make for more competitive and entertaining games for that one game that they play.  It would give them something to play and practicefor  

For the most part, I agree with this. But there are a few region where you have some 3 and 4 seeds with 7 and 8 wins.

I think the top two should make it, then wildcards get the rest of the spots.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

For the most part, I agree with this. But there are a few region where you have some 3 and 4 seeds with 7 and 8 wins.

Good point.  I am old and I remember when the bowls were a big deal for the teams playing and the town hosting them

2 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

Good point.  I am old and I remember when the bowls were a big deal for the teams playing and the town hosting them

I like the playoff format as is.

Top 4 each region.

It's a simple format.  

Not much really unexpected happens along the regular season and lots of folks already know fairly well beforehand where everyone is heading for the playoffs. Except for an occasional seed here or there it's simple to figure. 

32 teams out of about 50 schools get in.  That's a fair amount.  I understand others like a wildcard format.  That format brings about some unknown factors thru the year,  so anticipation for the bracket coming out is higher I think. More fan driven, so to speak.  I think coaches may like the simpler format we have,   but I can only suppose that.  I don't know for sure.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:17 AM, TrainTracks said:

Some idiot in Marion thread prompted me to come out and post. It’s been a while for me. Hope many on here are doing well. Hope Nocompetition finally found his butt cream lol.  Still follow the program just not around like I used to be. Hope to see this team in Chattanooga. Keep working that Pirate Power football and use it when it matters. 

227dG3.gif