South Pittsburg vs Jo Byrns (Stone Cold vs Red Devil Robison)

Southtowner

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

LOL, nice.  You had me for a minute.  I had to go back and see if I responded to the wrong post.  

Your fine.  That was rlh post about the back door.   If that Tower man will let Towner man in his backdoor, it wouldn't take 10 minutes to get a bottle of water.  Lol.

Carry on.

5 hours ago, powerp said:

Congrats to Kam and Jamarion. Very well deserved for both young men being finalists. I see Ben Franklin is up for it too. Is this the same Franklin man who wrote the join or die cartoon during the American Revolution? I guarantee his eligibility is up!

Congrats to our guys.  Well deserved.  That Franklin kid at Cornersville is a workhorse. 

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Congrats to our guys.  Well deserved.  That Franklin kid at Cornersville is a workhorse. 

I’ve always said Mr. Football numbers can be skewed. I’ve often wondered if SP had just one back that played a whole game every game how many yards he would have at the end of a season. Probably close to 2,500.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, powerp said:

I’ve always said Mr. Football numbers can be skewed. I’ve often wondered if SP had just one back that played a whole game every game how many yards he would have at the end of a season. Probably close to 2,500.

And, it's been a while since we've had "one" back. Spreading the ball around so much doesn't really allow any certain one to stand out.  But then we have quite a few so it needs to be spread out.

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Look no further than D2-A. Friendship Christian RB Wolcott has 2,233 rushing yards on 251 carries, regular season. Last week, they ran him 16 times in a row on two drives. Plays LB on defense, he is a beast. Our candidate, Wilson who was out the game we played at your place, he has 1,473 yards on 95 carries - we spread the wealth like you guys.

I’m going to start putting up a playoff memory a round as long as we are in. Hampton 2007: South Pittsburg is driving right before half to put the nail in the coffin in the semifinals. Robert Robinson fumbles right before half which Hampton returns for a td. The memory comes from the late Bob Sherrill who over the loud speaker yelled “oh no” lol 

SP goes onto win 42-28 in route to a state title win over Mckenzie

Edited by powerp