Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

13 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

posting on here is pointless.

and 24 months and 843 post later theawesomebro still does it...

....but figurin theawesomebro has affected at least one T'ers life bein pointless.....and/or maybe even effected

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

I’m feeling like this will be a catch 22. If the Tssaa don’t add Lipscomb back I think that will end up starting the push for privates to leave. Also the rules are the rules but if you go the kids route “Them saying the had nothing to do with it” what do you do? Fine the school again and suspend the coaches? Take away money?  You know how many schools would be cool suspending the coaching to get a 5star QB lol

I may be wrong but wasn't the probation LA got last year to athletic department over some type of marketing not just football ? I gotta believe this is all about QB in/out from MISS. Say what you want about TD but he wasn't the one who brought this kid to LA and I don't believe LA has below average year this season if he's still coaching them. The guy worked non stop and his kids went 6 days a week during season. He also put his own money up for high end helmets for the kids and fed them non stop. My sons played else where but we worked with independent  trainers at LA facility on Saturdays, saw first hand the time those kids worked. I get TSSAA enforcing rules but timing really bad , day of your last game. D2AAA already lacks volume of teams to make a full bracket (1-9) teams in playoffs. Make them 0-10 play from last place and impose your ban next 2 years. The seniors can finish careers and under classman can go elsewhere next year if football is why they attend the school.

• Upvote 1

never thoughtthey were goin to reverse it in that short of time since the ghillotine fell....not after the amount of time they spent researchin this thing....and they finally got one to make an example of...

....maybe legal injunction can get them kids on the field Friday

Booger just sayin  :unsure:

Edited by Booger
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I’m feeling like this will be a catch 22. If the Tssaa don’t add Lipscomb back I think that will end up starting the push for privates to leave. Also the rules are the rules but if you go the kids route “Them saying the had nothing to do with it” what do you do? Fine the school again and suspend the coaches? Take away money?  You know how many schools would be cool suspending the coaching to get a 5star QB lol

Booger just sayin Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by Nick Kroll - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Booger

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

This seems wrong. I would like to see details on the decision. Why are they hiding the specifics?

I would say lipscomb is the one withholding specifics knowing they still have some details that could result in longer or more harsh penalties.
short version

-LA on probation for tweet

-MS kids move in, not legal, takes another kids spot. 
-former starting kids dad tells tssaa those new kids are illegal, not living with family.

-tssaa investigates and finds it true. 
forfeits game and says they will ponder over it the next 7 weeks further actions

-another complaint comes in to tssaa 
-another kid that was an 8th grader under dilfer transfers to local school…let’s call them Ensworth. He finds out he is ineligible because LA won’t release him.

- preacher (the dad) is so upset with admin that he shares several text messages that are from a new LA coach maybe some old texts from previous LA coaches that “seem” to be recruitingish texts that is strike 3 against LA. 

this is not going to be in the Tennessean, but for sure at your barbershop, not the barbershop that Trent built.