Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

There was a similar situation with Fayetteville High School a few years ago. As I recall, they lost the appeal and got a temporary injunction, with the judge removed a day or two later. I expect the same to happen with LA.

Fayetteville went from 10-0 to about 4-6 and out of the playoffs that year, after the ruling against them. In their case, they had a QB transfer across the state line from Alabama, and there was a question about his eligibility based on a technicality of whether a city school bus ran by his house or just a country school bus. He had initially been ruled eligible by the TSSAA before the season, but then they took another look at it over halfway through the season and ruled him ineligible. The sad thing is due to a combination of his injuries and not being that good, he ended up not starting, and the team very likely would have been 10-0 without him but still had to forfeit enough wins that they were ineligible for the playoffs in a year they'd have had a shot at a gold ball.

I agree with the earlier post about acceptance. This was a violation of the TSSAA rules (whether you like them or not) and the punishment fits the infraction. When we got popped, the punishment was far more severe and we accepted it and moved on. One thing is certain, you will be forced to move on, whether you want to or not. The ruling was made, the appeal was denied.

Case closed, the next case is walking into the courtroom.....

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FR615 said:

At this point you have teams preparing for their first round matchups. Beyond chaotic if a court says they have to play. 

It will throw the playoffs into total chaos for teams having to reschedule travel from Chatt or Knoxville to Memphis or from Nashville to east or west    A disaster all because someone broke the rules got caught and are crying poor poor pitiful me.  

14 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I agree with the earlier post about acceptance. This was a violation of the TSSAA rules (whether you like them or not) and the punishment fits the infraction. When we got popped, the punishment was far more severe and we accepted it and moved on. One thing is certain, you will be forced to move on, whether you want to or not. The ruling was made, the appeal was denied.

Case closed, the next case is walking into the courtroom.....

So if you were accused by the government of a "crime," and you know you didn't do it, would you just say, "Well, they say I did it and I don't want to fight it, take me to jail."  The TSSAA rules on recruiting are very vague, per the US Constitution, we have the right to a fair trial.  SCOTUS ruled that the TSSAA violated the 14th Amendment.  Ya'll need to read up on the BA case, be informed!

I am not aware of all the facts, so I will not pass judgement. So for those saying LA did nothing wrong, did the boys from Mississippi move here with the same parents/guatdians/siblings they lived with in Mississippi or did just the boys move and an adult rotated in? Did an assistant coach text a family saying he had talked to a booster that was already covering for families that could not afford tuition? These are what the allegations are. Did any of this happen? 

As far as the ruling goes, I understand the kids wanting to play and feeling like they did nothing wrong. I understand the parents wanting the kids to be able to play. However, this is a program consequence. It is what it is if the allegations are true. Follow the rules, keep things transparent and there is no problem. 

Should be real interesting to see what happens next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokey2Go said:

So if you were accused by the government of a "crime," and you know you didn't do it, would you just say, "Well, they say I did it and I don't want to fight it, take me to jail."  The TSSAA rules on recruiting are very vague, per the US Constitution, we have the right to a fair trial.  SCOTUS ruled that the TSSAA violated the 14th Amendment.  Ya'll need to read up on the BA case, be informed!

I'm not saying that at all. They had their appeal process and it was denied. You now accept the punishment and move on and try to prepare for 2025. 

2 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

First stage is denial :roflol: 

I laugh because I lived it in 2010-2011. 

Edited by gcapride
Wrong dates
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smokey2Go said:

You might want to read up as well. BA lost. Voluntary membership in TSSAA. They, as well as Lipscomb, chose to join. Their rules come with it.

• Upvote 1