Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

On 11/5/2023 at 4:28 AM, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

That would make me happy.  I haven’t heard that but I will find out today 

That has been discussed for over two months on here and other areas. The kid runs for his life every game and the upperclassman talent level is not what NCS has had the last several years. If the kid leaves I don’t think anyone could blame him with the beatings he’s taken this year. 

35 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

That has been discussed for over two months on here and other areas. The kid runs for his life every game and the upperclassman talent level is not what NCS has had the last several years. If the kid leaves I don’t think anyone could blame him with the beatings he’s taken this year. 

He has to move at least 20 miles from current address to the area of the new school The move has to be legitimate. He cannot stay with other players while the school creates a different address to hide that fact.  He cannot receive financial aid unless it comes directly from the school after the national clearinghouse has told the school how much he qualifies for. It cannot come “from a guy who makes up the difference”.  

26 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

He has to move at least 20 miles from current address to the area of the new school The move has to be legitimate. He cannot stay with other players while the school creates a different address to hide that fact.  He cannot receive financial aid unless it comes directly from the school after the national clearinghouse has told the school how much he qualifies for. It cannot come “from a guy who makes up the difference”.  

Or he can attend a board school and would be eligible immediately 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Chattanoogachoochoo said:

Curtis and his family is not going to move away from the community of Liberty in Dickson County.  NCS was a convenient situation because he could just hop on HWY 70 and drive 25 minutes to school.  

1 hour ago, Doppelganger said:

Curtis and his family is not going to move away from the community of Liberty in Dickson County.  NCS was a convenient situation because he could just hop on HWY 70 and drive 25 minutes to school.  

I don’t disagree, they will not move. He will move to the dorm. He will board like the other 35 football players at Baylor. I don’t see how you can move to Baylor and it not be for football, but it happens evidently. Year after year they get more Canadians and out of state kids. What’s another QB, RB, WR, TE, LB or DL. I’m pretty sure they have a strong 25 or 26 there already behind Muschamp, so not sure why they would go there. Mccallie loses their QB and I’m not sure who the next Canadian in line is. 

On 11/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, cbg said:

You are close to 100% correct.  There are way too many people that are throughly embarrassed for things not to go back “OLD SCHOOL”. Let’s not forget that Randy Lowery and his West Coast philosophy has been removed and the old guard is back to controlling the checkbook and running things on the Lipscomb campus.

the Lipscomb Legacy's are back in charge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChatterBox99 said:

I don’t disagree, they will not move. He will move to the dorm. He will board like the other 35 football players at Baylor. I don’t see how you can move to Baylor and it not be for football, but it happens evidently. Year after year they get more Canadians and out of state kids. What’s another QB, RB, WR, TE, LB or DL. I’m pretty sure they have a strong 25 or 26 there already behind Muschamp, so not sure why they would go there. Mccallie loses their QB and I’m not sure who the next Canadian in line is. 

What’s the solution if any? No boarding teams eligible for playoffs? (Play regular season and go out of state for a bowl-type game) 

I highly doubt Curtis ends up at Baylor. They have a pretty good backup QB in Briggs Cherry that is already getting scholarship offers. Now he is nowhere as good as Curtis but I’m betting he stays in the Nashville area. 

them ant Canadians .......them most's French Canadians them 2 bluebloods are shackin up ...

'Olelo wale o' Booger :mrgreen:

45 minutes ago, Indian said:

What’s the solution if any? No boarding teams eligible for playoffs? (Play regular season and go out of state for a bowl-type game) 

there is no solution cause they ant no solution needed......Boogers lil Feathered Hatwearer Barebike Ridin Private School Hattin Injun from Dunlop can stick to findin solutions to all them boarders over in that Squatchie Valley Public System

......wernt nobody worried bout them boarders when they wernt collectin Gold Balls

Booger just sayin :roflol:

2 hours ago, ChatterBox99 said:

McCallie QB is wide open next year from what I see. 

1 hour ago, Indian said:

I have some ideas here. 

Solutions for Nashville Schools who now have to play competitive games to win State Championships: 

1. Build dorms. MBA has the nicest facilities I have ever seen for a high school. I am sure they could afford to build a dorm. Same for BA and Ensworth.  If the schools do not want to create a boarding program, that is fine.  You do not have to change your culture. However, the opportunities and resources are there for you. 

2. Build a program that attracts kids from area - keeping in mind that the Nashville MSA that is 5x bigger than Chattanooga MSA.  If the Nashville schools did not allow Trent Dilfer to come in and take away so many exceptional players from them, none of this would be coming up.  Everything was fine when BA, Ensworth, and MBA had all the blue chip prospects from Nashville area.  But now that Lipscomb and a few other Nashville schools are getting a share of the talent--Nashville schools are crying foul. 

3.  Win big games. Last year MBA beat McCallie twice and Baylor once. MBA just lost the big game. For all the belly aching about the talent in Chattanooga, a Nashville or Memphis school has been in the State Championship game every year since 2000. 

• There has never been a state championship game between Baylor and McCallie. 
  • On the other hand, there has been an All Nashville Schools championship game 8 times since 2000  (35%) [All Nashville championships: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017].  
  • For reference, there has been ONE All Memphis championship game and ZERO All Chattanooga championship game. 

4.  Be competitive. It is a bit disingenuous that Nashville schools are making noise about this now after winning 61% of the state championships since 2000 (with Chattanooga schools winning 22% and Memphis schools winning 17%).

Nashville Schools (14 Gold Balls) 61%

• BA: (5x) 2006, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
  • MBA: (5x) 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2014
  • Ensworth: (4x) 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Chattanooga Schools (5 Gold Balls) 22%

• Baylor: (1x) 2022
  • McCallie: (4x) 2001, 2019, 2020, 2021

Memphis Schools (4 Gold Balls) 17%

• MUS: (4x) 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009

5.  Move Down.  If Nashville Schools want to orchestrate a situation where they can have an unfair advantage and dominate in the manner they have grown accustomed to for most of the last 23 years, they should consider moving down to a smaller division.  This would be no less disingenuous than trying to change the boarding school rule--and if you are looking to beat the crap out of disadvantaged teams, the trophy looks the same in DIIAA as it does in DIIAAA. 

Summary: Nashville schools should punish Lipscomb for taking their talent (looks like you have a good start on this one), build some dorms, win big games (not just in the regular season), move down (remember-trophy looks the same), and/or MAN UP and play football.