Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

2 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

45-42 was up 10 after half and 3rd quarter. 

They just beat a team who beat Greenville twice and only lost to Crockett by 5.  We beat volunteer by 23 and they beat them by 12.  It'll be worth the price of admission up here on the 12th.  We could've scored 100 on rockwood and they've actually won 4 games.  Something is wrong if both of us don't go to state. 

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Good win for NG over Boone. 

NG had lots of trouble beating Boone's press, Boone did not shoot well from the outside. The little point guard for NG (#1) took a heavy physical beating tonight but got through it like a trooper. Congrats to North Greene for a gutsy performance and another great win.

I sat near some Greeneville players who rooted for the Lady Huskies. That was good seeing them on the same side as a county team, for a change.

6 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

CD had a17 point lead and should have won.  CD totally outplayed SG.  I couldn’t believe what I was watching.

South Greene shot poorly. The story I prefer is they came back from a 17-point deficit to win the game. Looking forward to their game tomorrow with Greeneville, whom they've not played in a couple of years.

Greeneville girls got a dominant win over SG - beating them by 20.  The Adkins girl for Greeneville played really well.  If she can continue to play like that, they will win their District and be a challenge in the Region.  NG has had a good tournament - Bearden just has too much firepower for them.  Schedule doesn’t get any easier for SG as they play Crockett next week.  SG will be ok in their District but with Alcoa and GP in their Region - that will be a problem.

34 minutes ago, Greenecounty said:

Greeneville girls got a dominant win over SG - beating them by 20.  The Adkins girl for Greeneville played really well.  If she can continue to play like that, they will win their District and be a challenge in the Region.  NG has had a good tournament - Bearden just has too much firepower for them.  Schedule doesn’t get any easier for SG as they play Crockett next week.  SG will be ok in their District but with Alcoa and GP in their Region - that will be a problem.

I agree.  GP and central should win their substate games.  Time for the real season to start.  Everyone wants to play their best ball come February.  NG and cland could play 4 times.  We get started with unaka on the 5th.  Gotta avoid any pitfalls along the way and work on improving each week 

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

I agree.  GP and central should win their substate games.  Time for the real season to start.  Everyone wants to play their best ball come February.  NG and cland could play 4 times.  We get started with unaka on the 5th.  Gotta avoid any pitfalls along the way and work on improving each week 

I think it will be a cakewalk for Cloudland and NG, region 2 is way down this year. Central is playing at a level that will make them hard to beat. GP is right there behind them, then you have a drop off to Alcoa, Meigs and SG. I think Central and Meigs come out of region 2 and region 1 will be GP and SG. Alcoa is down a little from what they were last year. 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I think it will be a cakewalk for Cloudland and NG, region 2 is way down this year. Central is playing at a level that will make them hard to beat. GP is right there behind them, then you have a drop off to Alcoa, Meigs and SG. I think Central and Meigs come out of region 2 and region 1 will be GP and SG. Alcoa is down a little from what they were last year. 

We have this Washburn team from district 2 that's playing very good ball right now.  Both them and Cosby are 2 teams we can't sleep on. I still can't figure out what's going on with coalfield.  That team lost to Eagleton, jellico, and rockwood when they're at least 30 points better.  They have a BIG post who gave us problems today.  That was a decent team we played today even though we should've won by 30+ I saw where sunbright lost twice when they finally played 2 decent teams.  I think we just need to focus on small improvement we can make in practice like our rotation in the offense.  We need to keep playing fast and learn when not to foul.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:59 PM, pioneer42 said:

Where did Taylor Lamb go?? She was a beast. Hard to handle. What year did she graduate?? 

Taylor went to TN Tech. Her back problems really became an issue after her sophmore year. She retired from basketball & graduated early. She's engaged and will be getting married this year I believe. She graduated from SG in 2018.

56 minutes ago, BaseballMom17 said:

Taylor went to TN Tech. Her back problems really became an issue after her sophmore year. She retired from basketball & graduated early. She's engaged and will be getting married this year I believe. She graduated from SG in 2018.

She was a great player. Very aggressive and was a leader for sure. I have been to a lot of State Tournaments and she could hold her own with the best of them.