Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Long way to go, but watching the game last night I would agree with him right now.  Definitely not the team we had the last two years.  A 51 point win over Volunteer may look nice from the naked eye, but Volunteer lost all five starters from last year's state tournament team and was, to put it frank, not very good.  As he said, the conference is very weak this year.  West Ridge lost to Cocke County last night at home, Boone lost their Mr. Do It All.  Crockett dropped down a classification and I think the Hill stayed mainly intact, but should only see marginal improvement this year.

Good news is with Crockett dropping down, nobody is eliminated before the region tournament this year.

Will we get better as the season goes along?  Of course.  Will we get good enough to make it to the glass house?  Only time will tell, but definitely need a lot of improvement over last night for sure.

Well, I wouldn't be making such a bold statement that Poore and DB has no chance to make it to state, before or after just one game. That just comes from pure hate. Not many thought they would win state two years ago and not many thought they would return to the tournament last year. DB beat Volunteer about like they should have. Poore is one of the top coaches in the state. Wait until after Christmas and see how things stand. Poore's teams usually turn it up a notch around that time. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 3:00 PM, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

They may have some talent, but that does not always translate into wins.  They had the same talent last year and did nothing with it.  Do you trust the coaching staff at West?  I know I have not been impressed with what West has done since they got a new coach a few years ago.  It will be a dogfight every night in District 4 though.  West has to deal with my Ads, Bearden, William Blount, Hardin Valley, and Maryville.  Any one of those teams could win the league.   

Oak Ridge will continue their domination in District 3 with no challengers in sight, especially since the kid from Greenback "moved" there.

Is McCullum back at Harriman?  He may be good enough in A to get them to state

What does Farragut, Bearden , and HVA look like this season  Could any of them compete with WB,or Maryville for the District title  

Hard to tell for Bearden without football players.  WB has their 2 studs back but not sure what they have around them.  HVA will be "twice as good" according to their coach.  I think Maryville has to be the favorite right now after they beat Sevier Co.  I would probably pick Bearden 2nd just slightly above the rest.  My Farragut Ads play really hard, and West has the talent to make a run as well.  There will be no off days and should not have many blowouts in District 4.  The 1-2 seeds for the District tournament will come hard earned for sure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

That game with Higgins and Patrick Good from David Crockett is one of the best games of all time. Place was filled to the roof. 

It was a great game, other than the fact that they beat us not only that time, but at home in the sub-state too that year. That was a dang good Crockett team. We barely lost 63-61 in the state tournament to one of those great Memphis East teams they had back then.

• Like 1