Hohenwald Is BACK…

Pizzpatriot2

to reclaim their traditional role of early round exits! After breaking the mold last year and making it past the second round, it seems they are BACK to zero or one loss seasons only to be dropped in the early rounds! This year, it happens to be in the first. Unfortunately, because of Loretto being a surprise team, they were not gifted the regional championship. For the entire season, they went 2-2 against teams with winning records for the ENTIRE season (including playoffs). This includes scheduling a two and thirty team from over there in Memphis. Now, this is nothing new and stretches back decades. Going all the way back to 1990,

http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/teams/gamesbyyear.asp?Team=Lewis County&Year=1990 

when they were in the old AA classification out of A, AA and AAA, they had five AA region games and one AA non-region game. Four out of five of NON region games were against single A teams! Lol lost two of them!

Then, was it just a few years ago they barely beat a 5-4 Chapel Hill 7-0 to capture their last paper championship? Then, this year as with most, to be perennially ranked all season in the top 10 of the state week in and week out only to be bounced right out of the gate, like usual! 

I surmise it is safe to say (in John Wick tone) “yeah”, they are “back”. Over and under of which round next year’s bounce will be?

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2023 at 4:50 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know right. Lol. Truth be told you take away the last 2 years and Page’s resume is beyond horrible. She knows it too…

Have to take away the past three years now and, that is not having to take away a gifted Covid season with multiple Covid forfeits including the playoffs!

On 10/22/2023 at 10:05 AM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Since Loretto is “Back”, if they maintain this year’s dominance next year and Chapel Hill doesn’t improve to be what they were, will Loretto be kicked out of R5 and replaced with Chapel Hill?

Pretty sure Riverside will not be placed in Hohenwalds region any time in the near future.

May even note that even though they are fairly close distance wise and in the same region that they won’t be on the out of region regular season schedule either.

Now, the big question is, does the new coach have the same T$$AA pull as the former?

Since Loretto won the region, essentially taking Hohenwald's spot, if they win region and beat Hohenwald next year, will they be moved into another region similar or such as Riverside and Chapel Hill? What's the over and under? 

On 10/24/2023 at 7:39 AM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

For some, I think, the demand lies with a good W/L season record and a regional championship. Not much for successful runs in the playoffs, as an important measure for success. 

Then, there are some who bounce between classifications shying away from competition to try and find the easiest route through the playoffs.

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 10/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Last year was an anomaly, for sure. I wonder if they go back to tradition and exit after round two. Wonder if they even make it to round two. According to some on here, R6 is so advanced, they can put all of the R5 teams out in the first round.

Have to admit, one loss season and first round blowout looks bad. Ranked all season but yet, just as every year prior, had about 20 AA teams that were actually better than them.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Trollin said:

@howdoitknow must have a new boyfriend from Loretto since he has obviously jumped on the band wagon of paper champions. Lewis held that title for decades. Undefeated in regular season and out by 2nd round of playoffs 

Guess how it will be next season, there @Trollin?

On 10/25/2023 at 10:51 AM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Loretto has faced four teams with winning records and, has won all four plus five others. They face another quality team Friday night.

For comparison, Hohenwald has only faced two teams with winning records and is 50/50 against those two. Have to add inthat they also scheduled and played a team (PURE Academy) that has only three-four wins in their entire history.

Same ole' Hohenwald; year after year. 

On 10/25/2023 at 10:54 AM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This is an exemplary example of the pot calling the kettle black. You act like paper tigers from Milan have accomplished a great deal but neglect the fact that Milan jumps classification to fray away from competition. If not for Covid, Milan hasn’t done much in forever! @BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You are late to the party about PURE, homie.  See below:

Now, as far as a poor county and not affording travel, Hohenwald will schedule zero for fifty 5A Spring Hill but won’t schedule 5A Columbia even though Columbia is just down the road and they passed right by there on the way to Spring Hill. They will also schedule basketball school Obion County but will absolutely not schedule Union City. Not only that but they won’t schedule Mckenzie, Milan, Dresden or Westview even though they drove right past them on the way to Obion. I left off Lexington because they will probably have them on the upcoming schedule since they are so down. Therefore, that argument of travel doesn’t apply. There are more but those two come to mind first.

Was it a few years ago Hohenwald beat a .500 Chapel Hill team to capture the region? I noticed they aren’t on the schedule. We all just know Riverside won’t be on either the region or out of region schedule any time soon but, schools like PURE and Collinwood and Waynesboro probably will. Now that Richland has returned to the cellar, will they be scheduled next? If Loretto comes back next year and the year after, will they be moved on over into R6?

Will Loretto be moved out of R5? If so, who will replace them? 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:56 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

That’s why you are a fan of paper tigers.

Don’t forget that Page has played for two state championships and Hohenwald has played for zero. That’s in big boy 5A football too because that’s our enrollment numbers.

@hohenwaldfans @BIGPURPLEMACHINEthree championship games in a row, now.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:24 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Good thing we were in ‘21 and ‘22 when we went to the state championship and, didn’t need Covid to help get us there

'23 now @BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 10/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How do you do it on an iPhone??

Since you are still stuck in the 90's, I would have figured you would be asking about androids or pre-smart phones.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:44 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know I like this whole block feature. I thought about it and I realized I can say what ever I want to about @Pizzpatriot2 and I don’t have to listen to her whine. For example, I can say how Lewis Co. has a winning record all time against Page or how they have more playoff wins than Page. Or I could mention that Page has a weaker schedule this year than Lewis. Or how they dropped 2A Forrest after getting beat in 2016. Or how they are playing a first year program this year. Or how before the last 2 seasons Page was one of the worst football programs in the Nation. I could even mention how Bobby Sharp asked his mom to prom and then stood her up as a joke and that’s why Pizzagirl is jaded to this day. And I don’t have to listen to his reply. It’s great. :)

Weak but, we'll go there. You will need to add in that Hohenwald still does not have a championship game appearance and, will have to add in the number (3) to replace the number (2). 

On 10/29/2023 at 11:44 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yeah I got both of em blocked. It’s nice to not have to hear that crap. 

Just admit that you got put (slammed) in your place and whimpered away. Ironic though because you are the one who decided to interject yourself into the Hohenwald thing. 

On 11/3/2023 at 11:25 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

I can’t believe @BIGPURPLEMACHINE hasn’t made an appearance yet.

He's still lamenting on the late 90's run from over two and a half decades ago. 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, TyroneBiggums said:

Not throwing salt in the wound but Loretto competition was very weak this season. Good regular season run but a blind man could see Peabody beating them. I’m just keeping it real

Dang, you just described Hohenwald!

On 11/4/2023 at 9:57 AM, Tide21 said:

Regular season had to have been a cake walk 

Another DANG, you just described Hohenwald's tradition.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Those kids at Lewis Co., like so many other kids playing football, work their butt off. They sweat, bleed and give their all to a game we love to watch. I can’t stand to see someone run them (or any team) down. The kids that are on the teams deserve better. 

But yet you get called out for doing what you just described; even mentioning a kids name! 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, RidinSplinters said:

Big game between two old rivals Friday night.

Page is a 5A juggernaut. Giles was a 4th down stop away from being 5-0.

Both teams were 5-0 last year before "COVID" canceled the game.

Discuss.

This post is awesome and goes to the one below. Seems that Giles played three or four teams in higher classification this year and, maybe last. We were one of them and, were lucky to escape that game with a win. If not for Alcoa, Giles would have another state championship or two. Other than Fayetteville a couple of years ago, Hohenwald NEVER schedules up but if they do, it's someone like zero for fifty Spring Hill or girls basketball school Obion County. On top of that, @BIGPURPLEMACHINE's team literally bounces around classification in hopes they can avoid playing competition.  

On 11/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, wneely said:

I'm sure there was some small talk about a 4A or 5A move — especially since Giles played five games against Region 6-AAAAA opponents this season. They would have finished third in that region this season — and were a fourth down play away from a win versus Nolensville for a second-straight year.

My initial (and completely dumb) thoughts would be:

-Giles is extremely prideful and doesn't care about moving up even though it means Alcoa in the semifinals. We've seen schools duck and dodge (or even forfeit) Alcoa in the past, but Giles County isn't one to run for greener pastures. Look at their schedule. They'll play whoever, whenever. If that means their season most likely ends in the semifinals, then so be it.

-Giles will easily win its region every year (and get #1 seed) — which means home playoff games, which also means $$$. Attendance for games is solid, GCHS-wise, but almost every home game is a tiny gate for away fans. Lincoln County (season opener) was far and away the biggest gate of the year. Without the regular-season big gate money, the extra playoff games certainly help.

-Would have been wild to see what TSSAA did if Giles had requested to move to 4A two years ago, though. They would have been slated to be in Region 5-AAAA, which would have pushed that region up to NINE teams.

If other football programs would pay attention to this and what Giles is doing as far as their schedules, they would be able to make deep playoff runs; maybe in 2A.

Still think Giles should move up to 4A and make another run. Look at their W/L records and scores when facing larger teams/schools, like us.

On 12/5/2023 at 5:13 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Have to take away the past three years now and, that is not having to take away a gifted Covid season with multiple Covid forfeits including the playoffs!

Since Loretto won the region, essentially taking Hohenwald's spot, if they win region and beat Hohenwald next year, will they be moved into another region similar or such as Riverside and Chapel Hill? What's the over and under? 

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Have to admit, one loss season and first round blowout looks bad. Ranked all season but yet, just as every year prior, had about 20 AA teams that were actually better than them.

Since you are still stuck in the 90's, I would have figured you would be asking about androids or pre-smart phones.

Weak but, we'll go there. You will need to add in that Hohenwald still does not have a championship game appearance and, will have to add in the number (3) to replace the number (2). 

Just admit that you got put (slammed) in your place and whimpered away. Ironic though because you are the one who decided to interject yourself into the Hohenwald thing. 

But yet you get called out for doing what you just described; even mentioning a kids name! 

This post is awesome and goes to the one below. Seems that Giles played three or four teams in higher classification this year and, maybe last. We were one of them and, were lucky to escape that game with a win. If not for Alcoa, Giles would have another state championship or two. Other than Fayetteville a couple of years ago, Hohenwald NEVER schedules up but if they do, it's someone like zero for fifty Spring Hill or girls basketball school Obion County. On top of that, @BIGPURPLEMACHINE's team literally bounces around classification in hopes they can avoid playing competition.  

If other football programs would pay attention to this and what Giles is doing as far as their schedules, they would be able to make deep playoff runs; maybe in 2A.

Still think Giles should move up to 4A and make another run. Look at their W/L records and scores when facing larger teams/schools, like us.

Possibly the longest post in T history!

On 12/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, pizzpatriot said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE

All better? 

3 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Initially wondered why I was tagged in a post made over a month ago. Looks like it took every bit of a month to put that manifesto together. 

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Good analogy. 

I like it.

What’s sad is she did it under one of her other accounts just to get to me since I blocked her other one. It’s cool. Now this one is blocked too. :)

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What’s sad is she did it under one of her other accounts just to get to me since I blocked her other one. It’s cool. Now this one is blocked too. :)

BZZZT....POOF!!!

LOL!!!

I noticed that the original account reappeared too BPM. Thought my bug zapper had misfired for a minute until I examined the problem, but it only took a minute to update my settings.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

BZZZT....POOF!!!

LOL!!!

I noticed that the original account reappeared too BPM. Thought my bug zapper had misfired for a minute until I examined the problem, but it only took a minute to update my settings.

I hadn’t seen him in a while on the old account. I think she got her panties in a wad I was not responding and had to go to one of her other accounts.  Now I won’t see that one either. 

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve got a great idea. Just occurred to me. Now, just hear me out. Let’s modernize just a little bit. Let’s trade the Wing T in for the spread. But, here In lies the catch; let’s keep scheduling weak teams such as zero for fifty Spring Hill and newly implemented home school team's which, like Spring Hill, have won like four games in five years. 

See, that way we can say we are actually modernizing and folks won’t know that all we are doing is trading the 9-2 Wing T for a 9-2 spread. 

Doesn’t that make sense?