Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

I doubt and hope that Rand is not gone. However, the decision maker(s) who revamped the team entrance (not running thru the band and the fight song/ no band performance at half (a DJ with loud bad music(??) Do need to be spotlighted.) This change for the worst worked it's way through the band,cheerleaders, dancecats,crowd and finally the team. Motive for this move at this time? All-in-all a fun season and looking forward to next year. Lots of talent returning.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, OR nole said:

Although OR played poorly, three huge calls/no calls may have made the difference. Watch the video on Pryce Davis' huge hit, Rembert held on a deep ball and worst of all, the Heyward PI.

Sad.

Might have made a difference. Maybe not.

I don't think the offsides on the kick actually was, so since that was an entire possession i'd say the bad calls likely evened out.

21 minutes ago, ipb7 said:

Personally, I didn't think the refs played any role at all. CHS just had the best 2cd half of ball I saw all season, especially on D. OR could not do anything regrdless of why in the 2cd half.

Congrats to the Mighty Dragons

I agree that the refs didn't really affect the outcome. I was bothered by a no call on potential PI but those things happen. OR didn't score in the second half, had two costly turnovers, and a couple of terrible punts. I don't know who was at fault, but it looked like the same problem in the secondary reared its ugly head all night.

43 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I agree that the refs didn't really affect the outcome. I was bothered by a no call on potential PI but those things happen. OR didn't score in the second half, had two costly turnovers, and a couple of terrible punts. I don't know who was at fault, but it looked like the same problem in the secondary reared its ugly head all night.

Yeah, they kept picking on the freshman and he got burned a few times. Lessons learned.

Edited by SweetScience

12 hours ago, SweetScience said:

We did, for sure. Honestly, though, I end up saying that after every season, but other kids always seem to step up and fill the gaps. Definitely a group that will be missed, though, and a really bad ending to a very promising group. Good lessons though for the kids coming up to not take anything for granted.

I admit that this score surprised me when I saw it.  Just feeds the rivalry.  Beginning of the year,I thought y’all would be playing in Chatt.  Really good year one for Rang.  I expect Oak Ridge to continue to be in the mix.  

I was talking to some other guys and we all agree that a Stroup led Gallatin and a Rang led Oak Ridge would be a great matchup in a few years.  Maybe it can happen.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I admit that this score surprised me when I saw it.  Just feeds the rivalry.  Beginning of the year,I thought y’all would be playing in Chatt.  Really good year one for Rang.  I expect Oak Ridge to continue to be in the mix.  

I was talking to some other guys and we all agree that a Stroup led Gallatin and a Rang led Oak Ridge would be a great matchup in a few years.  Maybe it can happen.  

It was a good first year. And honestly, I probably expected a little bit too much considering that as well. Expecting Rang to just come in after having 3 different coaches in 3 years and to get to the state championship is asking a lot. Those seniors have been through 3 different coaching staffs. That’s tough. Right now this program just needs some much needed stability in place. It was a great group though, and they’ll be missed. Maybe our teams can lock horns again soon! Best wishes, brother.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

Well it's over for another year. We had some highs and some lows. But I'm proud of our young men !  Sometimes I wondered at the calls made on the field but that's why I'm up in the stands not on the field. Great bunch of seniors and I wish them the best in their future. Don't want to talk about last nights game so I'll just sign off and move on to the round ball.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL