Greenback at OZ!!

GFD709SHREK

This group of players are much better that the 4-6 record.So don't be surprised if they can eak out a win fri.NOW I do need to clear up a few things.When I do say Coaches that is kind of a tongue and cheek comment.The 2 coordinators are real deal Greenback men whom I have a ton of respect for and I know they and the line coach who has been there for 25 years know football.This isthe OCs first time ever doing this so he does have a learning curve.They prepare a plan to win games and have finally got the kids back to fulfill that game plan BUT the guy they hired for HC keeps putting them in terrible situations in tough games and that IS NOT game planned for.Last game against OS we have the ball on 4th and 1 on our 10 and he makes the crazy call to possibly put the defense in a unfortunate spot and we don't make and it's tied 14-14 they score and we lose all momentum.Last night same thing up 22-12 4th and 5 and another crazy decision to not try and turn the field.I sometimes wonder if he takes the position seriously.SMH Politicians in Loudon must be ecstatic!Although Loudon is bouncing basketballs and we are still playing.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This group of players are much better that the 4-6 record.So don't be surprised if they can eak out a win fri.NOW I do need to clear up a few things.When I do say Coaches that is kind of a tongue and cheek comment.The 2 coordinators are real deal Greenback men whom I have a ton of respect for and I know they and the line coach who has been there for 25 years know football.This isthe OCs first time ever doing this so he does have a learning curve.They prepare a plan to win games and have finally got the kids back to fulfill that game plan BUT the guy they hired for HC keeps putting them in terrible situations in tough games and that IS NOT game planned for.Last game against OS we have the ball on 4th and 1 on our 10 and he makes the crazy call to possibly put the defense in a unfortunate spot and we don't make and it's tied 14-14 they score and we lose all momentum.Last night same thing up 22-12 4th and 5 and another crazy decision to not try and turn the field.I sometimes wonder if he takes the position seriously.SMH Politicians in Loudon must be ecstatic!Although Loudon is bouncing basketballs and we are still playing.

It's obvious that you would want to turn the field against a ground and pound offense that chews the clock. Especially with a 10 point lead lol.  You all were fortunate to score right before half

I don’t get on here and post much anymore, but I still read a lot of these topics and wanted to clear one thing up for Greenback fans.

Last game against OZ they didn’t go for it on 4th down from their own 10. They went for it on 4th and inches at their own 35 in the 3rd quarter. Ran QB sneak and got stuffed. Score was 21-14 OZ at that point and they had been running the ball well against them all night, so I actually supported the coaches decision. They later snapped it over the punters head from their own 10 and that resulted in a safety to make it 30-14. 

I have watched 5 GB games this year and they are by far the most improved team in region from start to finish. I actually think they’re a little better than OZ with them having a senior-laden skill group versus OZ who has mostly sophomores at the skill positions. OZ is well coached, but I think GB’s seniors are playing hungry with a new lease on life and everything being win or go home. This will be a fun game to watch.

GB wins this one 22-14.

17 minutes ago, SuperFan1 said:

I don’t get on here and post much anymore, but I still read a lot of these topics and wanted to clear one thing up for Greenback fans.

Last game against OZ they didn’t go for it on 4th down from their own 10. They went for it on 4th and inches at their own 35 in the 3rd quarter. Ran QB sneak and got stuffed. Score was 21-14 OZ at that point and they had been running the ball well against them all night, so I actually supported the coaches decision. They later snapped it over the punters head from their own 10 and that resulted in a safety to make it 30-14. 

I have watched 5 GB games this year and they are by far the most improved team in region from start to finish. I actually think they’re a little better than OZ with them having a senior-laden skill group versus OZ who has mostly sophomores at the skill positions. OZ is well coached, but I think GB’s seniors are playing hungry with a new lease on life and everything being win or go home. This will be a fun game to watch.

GB wins this one 22-14.

We were without up to 6 starters for 3 or 4 games.We should have improved when they got back.

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I liked your OC. Talked to him a little. When he knew he had the game won under 2 minutes he went into victory formation. Seems like a lot of coaches don’t know at 2:00 minutes left in game you don’t have to keep running plays with a 40 second play clock 

10 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I liked your OC. Talked to him a little. When he knew he had the game won under 2 minutes he went into victory formation. Seems like a lot of coaches don’t know at 2:00 minutes left in game you don’t have to keep running plays with a 40 second play clock 

He was the Jr QB when my son was a Sr.He and his brother were outstanding Linebackers.

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

Greenback is playin their best ball at the best time of the year. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to see a CF and Greenback 3rd round at Greenback! Now 2 months ago if someone had even talked bout that they woulda been laughed outta here. 

Would the game be at Greenback if that happened?